6th week HALF WAY POINT

Options
MarlaStuck
MarlaStuck Posts: 143 Member
Hello Lucky 2013's,

Hope all is going as planned for you. I thought we could use this half way point as a reflection point. So today after measurements, weigh ins, and food journalling here is what I would like all of us to do:

Where you started:

Food diaries
Exercise diaries
mid goals, long goals

Where you are today:
Food diaries
Exercise diaries
mid goals, long goals

Example:
Food diaries started with calorie allowance at 1000 today it is at 1200 Working well or still tweaking...
Exercise diaries: started with two whatever workouts a week, now 3 cardio a week, 10,000 steps a day...
Mid goals, Long Goals started 15 pounds to lose, drinking water, eating XXX, toning

WITHOUT having to put all of this on your post--just reflect and know how far you have come--AND give yourself a celebration (extra bath time, snooze time, piece of clothing...whatever your rewards are) because most don't make it this far and YOU DID!!!

Remember your goals are yours...this is a lifetime for me so I need to get over my super achiever strength and cut myself a break every once in awhile and know that it is ok. Last week I personally did not make my exercise goals, I was just plain tired. I may have gained a pound back (won't know till this evening--I do weigh ins at night) but it's ok..I am still doing the right things for my body. Tuesday (Fat Tuesday :)) is my birthday so calorie counting I will skip as I want a piece of chocolate cake, but I believe that is ok. Heading to Florida the following week with all 3 dogs, and the cat so exercise should be plentiful :).

Take care of you, and I look forward to sharing posts this week...keep going and thanks for helping make my 2013 LUCKY.
Marla

Replies

• calamity71
    calamity71 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    wow....were have the six weeks gone!

I have lost 5 pounds.
    made healthy choices and am happy with that.

I will continue to exercise 5 days a week, and log everything.
  • MarlaStuck
    Options
    wow....were have the six weeks gone!

I have lost 5 pounds.
    made healthy choices and am happy with that.

I will continue to exercise 5 days a week, and log everything.

Your success shows :flowerforyou: OUTSTANDING INSPIRATION, thank you.
  • laura920
    Options
    I may not have lost my goal of a pound a week but I am happy with the changes I am making.

Trying to find the exercise that is right for me and I will!

This week I found two things. My best friend (who is a workout fanatic) knows I am struggling and sent me a link to The Blog of Impossible Tings - in particular his post about How To Get Motivated To Workout. I read the article and immediately subscribed to his blog! I tried to add the url but it MFP won't let me add the hyperlink. If anyone is interested just copy the url below into your browser and it will take you there.

http://joelrunyon.com/two3/how-to-get-motivated-to-workout

Secondly, I ran into my neighbor. I found out she has lost 15 lbs in 3 weeks! That is crazy right? She told me she is doing the HCG Program. I am a little worried about her now and I hope she will be ok. I cannot imagine that being on something so restrictive is going to yield long term results. She is very excited about it and I certainly am not going to burst her bubble but I will stay my course and make slow changes that are going to last me a lifetime!

This week I have set small realistic goals for myself that I feel I will stick to and be successful!

I hope everyone has a fantastic week!

Laura
  • jeme3
    jeme3 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Still battling with a cold. Not a nasty one, just a lingering low grade I don't feel as good as I'd like one.

But, continuing to slowly drop some pounds.

I'm going to Las Vegas in March with for a convention, bought a cute little black dress to wear to a party one night while I'm there, and a pair of jeans that are just something I never could have worn six months ago.

Sitting at my computer, I feel my butt bones on the chair! How weird is that?

Slow and steady wins the race my friends. Keep plugging away!
  • JessicaLynnDouglas
    JessicaLynnDouglas Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I weighed in yesterday morning at 145 pounds, which I'm pretty sure means that I haven't lost any weight at this point.
    Whatever, I have had a huge reminder about life from a little baby boy named Brandon!
    Life is full of surprises that throw our daily lives and routine out of wack, so don't sweat the little things!
    On that note, I'm no longer going to obsess over my weight like I have been. I will continue to weigh in twice a week, but on the days that I feel like it, rather than when I "have to". I will continue to work at my fitness and calorie intake. I will eventually make it to where I want to be; hopefully I will see some (more) positive results by the time these 12 weeks are up.
  • lindaw66
    lindaw66 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I havn't lost any weight and because it's the week before SHARK week I don't want to measure myself either. I'm going to wait until Shark week is over. I know that I've gained some good habits during the first 6 weeks, but I've also gotten a little slack here in the middle of this challenge. Shark week always throws me off balance! But being a part of this group keeps me going and keeps from gaining any weight and that's a good thing. I know that I'm doing all goods things for my body and I'm slowly changing my lifestyle to be more healthy and make better choices. This will be a lifetime journey.

My focus for this last 6 weeks is to try and eat more clean foods and I need to log all my food. I've gotten in the habit of just logging my breakfast and lunch because I have pretty much the same thing and it's easy to log, but I get lazy once I'm home and busy with dinner and laundry and crap!

I don't feel like rewarding myself yet. I don't feel that I was consistant enough with my short term goals for the first part of this challenge to reward myself just yet. So I'm going to wait until the end of the challenge. I want to get a full body massage and buy a Fitbit.
  • lindaw66
    Options
    I also need to commit to NOT eating the following:

Candy, baked goods or icecream, basically no sugar. No soda or flavored drinks, white bread or rice. I want to try this for the last 6 weeks and see what kind of difference that makes.
  • JessicaLynnDouglas
    Options
    It's crazy that this challenge is already half way over; this bumb of mine is NOW in gear! EEEK!
  • JessicaLynnDouglas
    Options
    I drink my coffee BLACK now; I have transitioned from double/double!
  • MarlaStuck
    Options
    It's crazy that this challenge is already half way over; this bumb of mine is NOW in gear! EEEK!

I love Canadian Speak "bum"...I feel as if I have made friends all over with this challenge, and friends are dear to me. Anytime you all travel to Michigan look me up, I'd be happy to have you in my home. After reading some of the great articles you have shared I have made the decision that it is discipline to get my work outs in rather than will power and I am attempting to create a more disciplined routine to accomplish my desires for living healthy and fit. I thank all of you for your help and support that truly is half the battle for me.

Thanks,
    Marla:flowerforyou:
  • JessicaLynnDouglas
    Options

I love Canadian Speak "bum"...I feel as if I have made friends all over with this challenge, and friends are dear to me. Anytime you all travel to Michigan look me up, I'd be happy to have you in my home. After reading some of the great articles you have shared I have made the decision that it is discipline to get my work outs in rather than will power and I am attempting to create a more disciplined routine to accomplish my desires for living healthy and fit. I thank all of you for your help and support that truly is half the battle for me.

Thanks,
    Marla:flowerforyou:

I can't spell either Marla, reguardless of what Country ????
    I feel like I have made many friends as well!

Discipline seems to be the way it has to be for me too! ????

This support sure is amazing! ????
  • lindaw66
    Options
    I also need to commit to NOT eating the following:

Candy, baked goods or icecream, basically no sugar. No soda or flavored drinks, white bread or rice. I want to try this for the last 6 weeks and see what kind of difference that makes.

Valentines week is not a good week to try and do what I suggested above. Last night and found candy kisses and today my boss brought in glazed donuts! I didn't even think twice about putting any of into my mouth! I need to get past Shark week to have ANY self control!
  • Tammi140
    Tammi140 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Ok. Completely off subject, but since I feel completely comfprtable here, I was just wondering if any of you (or anyone you've known) has owned a Labradoodle or Goldendoodle? I saw my first one last year at a distance, and it was love at first site :)

I am just wondering what their characters are like. I have always owned a golden or a lab, but have NO experience with poodles. Just wondering if thier temperment is as nice as my other little sweeties :-)

Thanks!
    Tammi

P.s - everything is going well here with my nutrition, exercise is slipping a bit. I am trying to take some of the stress off of myself nutrition wise, by not tracking (WHAT??), eating whenever I am hungary (OH NO!), but eating only clean foods (UGH!). I know I will slip a little here and there, but I am going to make myself be ok with that. If I am not losing weight or inches, then I need to reduce my amount of slipping. I am starting that today, so I will check in next week with results.

Have a great weekend All!
  • colliegirl50
    Options
    Ok. Completely off subject, but since I feel completely comfprtable here, I was just wondering if any of you (or anyone you've known) has owned a Labradoodle or Goldendoodle? I saw my first one last year at a distance, and it was love at first site :)

I am just wondering what their characters are like. I have always owned a golden or a lab, but have NO experience with poodles. Just wondering if thier temperment is as nice as my other little sweeties :-)

Thanks!
    Tammi

P.s - everything is going well here with my nutrition, exercise is slipping a bit. I am trying to take some of the stress off of myself nutrition wise, by not tracking (WHAT??), eating whenever I am hungary (OH NO!), but eating only clean foods (UGH!). I know I will slip a little here and there, but I am going to make myself be ok with that. If I am not losing weight or inches, then I need to reduce my amount of slipping. I am starting that today, so I will check in next week with results.

It's OK to go "off-track" in discussions. I don't respond much because frankly I get tired of talking about food, workouts, etc. I'm making small, but steady, changes and I'm happy with that. 6 pounds lost is 6 pounds lost. LOL I'm getting most of my steps in, almost all of my stairs in...thanks to Fitbit but I need to step it up on logging my food intake. Oh well, as long as I keep moving, I'm not going to stress about things.

OK, as to your question....I know two people who have labradoodles. One gal has two of them. I have met all of these dogs and they all have been super friendly, sweet dogs. And smart! Easy to train. If you have any other questions, I'm sure that I can ask them for you. Of course.......nothing beats a collie.......(JK! Collies are MY passion!)
  • Tammi140
    Tammi140 Posts: 47 Member
    Options

Thanks!
    Tammi

It's OK to go "off-track" in discussions. I don't respond much because frankly I get tired of talking about food, workouts, etc. I'm making small, but steady, changes and I'm happy with that. 6 pounds lost is 6 pounds lost. LOL I'm getting most of my steps in, almost all of my stairs in...thanks to Fitbit but I need to step it up on logging my food intake. Oh well, as long as I keep moving, I'm not going to stress about things.

OK, as to your question....I know two people who have labradoodles. One gal has two of them. I have met all of these dogs and they all have been super friendly, sweet dogs. And smart! Easy to train. If you have any other questions, I'm sure that I can ask them for you. Of course.......nothing beats a collie.......(JK! Collies are MY passion!)

Hmmm... I wonder what a Collidoodle would look like :-)

The only reason I would go with one is because they shed very little if at all, oh and did I mention that they are super cute??