NEED HELP!

Options
This is so terrible...I can make a thousand excuses for this but really it comes down to my not being accountable. I gained every single pound that I had lost back in the last week and a half simply by secretly giving myself permission with excuses to not log in here...not be accountable and not get on a scale.

It started a week and a half ago...it was my sons 3rd birthday...cake, cake cake....and goodies when we had a big party and family staying with us for the weekend...I gave myself permission to go nuts...thinking it was just a few days...then I couldn't get motivated for a few days and alas another weekend came....we went to Montreal and again another excuse to eat like crazy...all garbage...junk food, treats and unhealthy generally speaking.

I started Jan 1 at 150lbs....I was happily at 146.5 beginning of February...and now I'm back at 150.

This sucks and I know its completely my fault. I feel so down about it...a month of hard work down the drain...I really needed to stay on track to lose the excess weight so I can plan on getting pregnant again in the summer.

What do I do??? Not eat for a week to make up for it? Start again? Help. I feel so crappy and don't want to start all over again.

Replies

• doin_it
    doin_it Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    You can do it...get back at it...we all struggle but giving up is not an option. Put it all behind you, don't look back..don't focus on the weight you lost and put back on..its time refocus and begin again. Whats done is done...you can do this!
  • Wraiythe
    Wraiythe Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    What you do is start right back again and just shake it off and keep going. But just remember how you felt when you slipped this time. So that next time you try to give yourself excuses you can look back on now and tell yourself "Oh no, not again!". It's really easy to slip back into bad habits; trust me I know! But you can't let it keep you down and you can't let it win. Just know that it was a learning experience and just keep going with your head up. Don't give up! You can do this!
  • inskydiamonds
    inskydiamonds Posts: 2,519 Member
    Options
    You just pick up again and keep going.

My reason for being back on MFP actually is because I didn't pick up and keep going. The first time I was here I lost 50 pounds. Due to stress in my life, I did the same thing. I made excuses and I kept putting off getting started again. I gained 40 pounds back in 6 months. There was no reason for that except that I kept saying "I'll start again tomorrow. I'll start again next week. I'll start again next month."

It's okay to have days where you overeat. And you can't beat yourself up over it.
    But you have to decide to keep logging and holding yourself accountable.

All is not lost. You just got to get back into the swing that helped you lose that weight initially. We're here to cheer you on!
  • jc1231
    jc1231 Posts: 67
    Options
    I can relate and am in a similar situation. I started on Jan 1 at 155.6 and was down to 144.4 last Tuesday. This morning I was 148.2. Not happy about the gain, but I have done the same thing.....not logging regularly and cheating too much. I have had some stress, and while I can look at that as an excuse, there will always be some sort of stress and need to personally figure out a way to deal with it without gaining back. Especially after I have worked so hard.

We can do this! Be accountable and start logging EVERYTHING, even if you don't want to. I am going to take my own advice too, because I surely didn't want to log my chicken cheesesteak that I ate last night.

We have a good support group on here and lots of really great people! We need to use that to help us get through!
  • GPSHEALTHCOACHING
    GPSHEALTHCOACHING Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    I too feel your pain!!! Last year I tried dieting & logging here and there.. I LOST 2 POUNDS THE ENTIRE YEAR!!! Why only 2? Because I wasn't consistent AT ALL!!! I didn't log or eat healthy consistently!!!!

I really believe it comes down to what you put in your mouth! If I had to choose, logging my food or working out, I believe LOGGING FOOD is MOST IMPORTANT!!!! Workouts are just the icing on the cake. At least this has been my experience!!!

Just know you are NOT ALONE and use our group for support & KEEP LOGGING!!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • karebear22776
    karebear22776 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Thank you all so much for the support. I'm feeling a little better today....my hubby has been great about keeping me focused and reminding me that even though the weight is back I'm in better physical shape now than when I started so it won't be as hard this time because at least I'm used to exercising.

I ate a good breakfast and did a mini workout this morning. Ugh....Its so hard isn't it!
  • WestCoastMom
    WestCoastMom Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I wondered where you went but didn't want to hound you! As a MFP friend, I need to be more supportive.
    Try to look at it as one pound at a time, one meal at a time...celebrate small successes and you will be thinner, stronger and happier in the end.
    Hang in there!!
    :)
  • conniehv40
    conniehv40 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    It is hard; you are right! I think with healthy choices, there are so many ups and downs that you cannot expect to always be perfect! There are so many great things that come of losing weight. Even the fact that I have stopped gaining has lowered my chances of cancer!

I lost 6 pounds starting in January and then, in a snowy weekend, gained 3 back and kept going!! Last night I ate chips after I logged. What am I/was I thinking?

Today, I tried really hard to focus on nuts, banana and greek yogurt to avoid getting hungry. If I get hungry, I think bad choices are made for me!

Please drink you water, log your food and know you can get right back on track. If you lose .5 pounds a week, you could be 25 pounds lighter next year! : )
  • babyskunkles
    babyskunkles Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I think we use gaining weight or binging as a reason to quit. It is so easy to quit. The thing I am doing different this time is logging EVERYTHING I eat. If I have a bad day and eat like a pig, that gets recorded too. When you don't log the bad stuff, it's like pretending it never happened.

Get back on the wagon because... "You never fail until you stop trying." ― Albert Einstein
  • DterMined2012
    DterMined2012 Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    I think we use gaining weight or binging as a reason to quit. It is so easy to quit. The thing I am doing different this time is logging EVERYTHING I eat. If I have a bad day and eat like a pig, that gets recorded too. When you don't log the bad stuff, it's like pretending it never happened.

Get back on the wagon because... "You never fail until you stop trying." ― Albert Einstein
    Well said!!!
  • DterMined2012
    DterMined2012 Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Your situation is just how my entire year went last year.....lose a few...gain even more....just awful!! But this year I am not throwing in the towel!!! I have had bad weekends, didn't log, didn't exercise...pounds went up...but I have picked myself up and started over again. I do believe this is the best advise yet: "I think we use gaining weight or binging as a reason to quit. It is so easy to quit. The thing I am doing different this time is logging EVERYTHING I eat. If I have a bad day and eat like a pig, that gets recorded too. When you don't log the bad stuff, it's like pretending it never happened." written by babyskunkle

This is a wonderful group, full of support and understanding!!! We CAN DO THIS...WE ARE A STRONG GROUP!!
  • karebear22776
    karebear22776 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    You guys are all so supportive. I'm so happy to have the support. I have such a good reason to lose these stupid 10-15 pounds......I want to be in top shape if I can have a 3rd baby. That is reason enough to push. So thank you and keep on me about this.