Paleo Valentine's treats

Options
idauria
idauria Posts: 1,037 Member
What is everyone doing for V-Day? I decided to make a strawberry coconut milk ice cream. I can't eat chocolate or nuts so baked goods are out so I decided to try this instead. It's still churning, but so far it tastes pretty good.

Replies

• AMBlass
    AMBlass Posts: 161
    Options
    I'm planning on making a Blueberry Crumble from the Practical Paleo cookbook, and a paleo vanilla ice cream I found online. :)
  • myrnacpagan
    myrnacpagan Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I made a flourless chocolate cake with raspberry lime sauce. I did use regurlar sugar but it is Valentine's. The recipe is in http://www.glutenfreespinner.com/2010/12/flourless-chocolate-cake-with-raspberry.html. Get the good chocolate...70% cacao. The ingredients are pricey but so worth is. I have made it 3 times now and my family loves it. I did substitute the licquor for rum and added raspberry jam and 1/2 cup of fresh raspberries to the batter. Enjoy!!
  • idauria
    idauria Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    It all sounds so yummy! I normally make something chocolatey but alas it is one of my IBS trigger foods so I have to find other things to make. Unfortunately nuts are also an IBS trigger so that eliminates most paleo treats since they're made with almond flour.
  • ajourney2beme
    ajourney2beme Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I am going to make Strawberry 'Cheesecake' Cupcakes (recipe I'm going to use below) for my boyfriend and I for our Saturday dinner we are making together. The only thing I'm changing is I'm using strawberries, not blueberries, and instead of making that crust (trying to keep it cheaper) I bought a cashew larabar and I'm going to cut it up and squash the pieces down to fit into the bottom of my muffin tins. Also going to make some homemade chocolates. Got a bar of dark dark chocolate, going to melt it paint it into a candy mold, fill them with almond butter, put more chocolate on top then freeze. Hopefully they will come out like pbcups!

http://www.carascravings.com/2012/07/vegan-blueberry-cheesecake-cupcakes-and-hangin-out-with-tasty-eats-at-home.html
  • shelleycc
    Options
    LOL! I definitely went NON-paleo on dessert last night. I had bought a huge tuxedo chocolate mousse cake for the boyz from Costco. They ate a third of it, I had one bite (it was alright; I didn't go nuts), and I carried a second third of it over to my neighbors who have been having rough times. The remaining third is sitting in the garage fridge awaiting employment.

The paleo supper preceding The Cake was fantastic: slow-roasted beef, cauliflower puree with rosemary, creamed kale made with real cream.
  • MissXFit13
    MissXFit13 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I made little chocolate hearts by melting 1/4 cup coconut oil and stirring in 1/4 cup raw cacao powder with about 1T honey. Poured it into my little heart candy mold and froze them. A few I made with sea salt and added a raw almond, and some were filled with Justin's Chocolate Hazelnut butter.

Delicious! I ate a few with some bacon for a salty and sweet treat.
  • FullOfSpice
    FullOfSpice Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I made little chocolate hearts by melting 1/4 cup coconut oil and stirring in 1/4 cup raw cacao powder with about 1T honey. Poured it into my little heart candy mold and froze them. A few I made with sea salt and added a raw almond, and some were filled with Justin's Chocolate Hazelnut butter.

Delicious! I ate a few with some bacon for a salty and sweet treat.

Nice I'll have to try making that, I have all the ingredients...

I ended up making Zuchinni Chocolate Cake w/ Strawberries and Whip Cream (homemade). It was so rich and moist...
  • denisecromwell
    denisecromwell Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I had to work till 9 last night but I came home to paleo turtles that were fantastic! http://fastpaleo.com/paleo-caramel-chocolate-turtles/