February Non-Scale Goals

Options
What are your (non-scale) healthy goals for this month?

Mine is to exercise 4x/week. During normal weeks, that's 2 CrossFit and 2 yoga. The week I'm on vacation, I'll count at least 2 days scuba diving and at least 2 long walks on the beach as good.

Replies

• yinzerette
    yinzerette Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Exercise 3x week at the very least, which means doing something other than my two yoga classes. Doing better on the weekends - this weekend was a disaster food-wise.

Totally jealous of your vacation, alphameg! Enjoy yourself!
  • TwoB
    TwoB Posts: 2
    Options
    Mine is to do 3 gym classes (which could include jazzercize, hot yoga, zumba, etc.) a week and at least one hike each week.

Also, a related goal, is to finally get up the nerve to try Zumba (I'm just intimidated because it's at a place I've never been and I just always find it hard to go to a new place) and hot yoga (I got a groupon for 10 classes for $30 (!!!) at a place that is walking distance from my house), which is intimidating just because a) I haven't done yoga in a long time and b) omg. hot. If I manage to try at least one of these this month, I will call it a victory.
  • Elaykins
    Options
    I want to ride my bike 2x a week and keep up with bootcamp hopefully 4x week... Also run 1x a week. Argh I may have to cut down on the boot camp for a little while.

I NEED to find a pool to do swimming in. I'm thinking about just getting a couple's membership at the Y up the road, they have a nice pool and they're open until 10pm every day. They have an adults intermediate swimming class where you work on strokes/etc. Maybe I can convince the husband to do that with me, it'd be twice a week for 40 minutes.

The reason I'm shouldering all this exercise is that I'm probably going to sign up for a rookie triathlon in May, and I should probably start actually doing the things one does during a triathlon, like swimming.

So:
    - find pool
    - ride bike often
    - run
    - bootcamp (maybe cutdown to 3-2x/week)
  • otherwordlyglow
    otherwordlyglow Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    My goal is kind of basic: just keep doing what I'm doing. That basically means hardly any sweets, Spin class three times a week, and at least one active thing on the weekend. If I can just keep going with the progress that i started last month, I'll be thrilled.

I'm starting to see how easily I could slide off the wagon, especially with tracking and food. I was a little more relaxed about it over the weekend and I could see the slippery slope and so I think I need to stay somewhat vigilant. So maybe another goal is to feel a little more in control over my food choices.
  • Gramercy1
    Gramercy1 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I'd like to start working in some weight-training, but I have that kind of wrong-headed fear that if I stop doing cardio one of the days a week in which I exercise all progress will grind to a halt. I know that's not right from past experience -- so I'd like to be able to reliably start working in even 25 min/week of strength training.
  • laluzlaluz
    Options
    My goals are to keep tracking every day, exercise four days a week, and continue with the minimal sugar and fewer grains. The grains part has been harder for me to keep up, but I feel like when I work at it I eat more veggies and other good things, so it's worth having as a goal.

I think my biggest challenge is getting into an exercise routine. I just am not a natural athlete and I find that I really have to be in the habit of running/working out to enjoy it and want to do it regularly. Seeing all your serious workouts makes me feel like I should just get off my *kitten*. So thanks!
  • laraeverhage
    laraeverhage Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    My February goal is to stick to 80+% paleo, get back in the habit of running 3x a week, and keep going to kickboxing. I also have to ask my boss for permission for a long lunch on Fridays for daytime kickboxing. And yoga 3x this month (once already!).

All of these goals are null and void for the 4 days that I am visiting my parents at the end of the month. Exercising while I'm there won't be a problem, but food might be. I'll just make the best decision with what I'm given and stay within my calorie range, even if it's not Paleo.
  • Gir000
    Gir000 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    My goal is to track honestly every day, drink all of my water, and make smart choices for snacks. Handful of goldfish might be tasty, but celery and hummus will keep me full longer and has more nutritional value.
  • pearlmullet
    pearlmullet Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Mine is to exercise 3x a week, which will either be 3 runs or 2 runs + a cycle (a cyclefit class would be awesome, but I'll see if that will fit.)
  • snickerdude
    snickerdude Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Mine is to keep on target, as well as I have been doing, and to find ways to eat more filling foods. I had chips today with lunch and I am so hungry now. I wish I had saved calories for some real food, like an apple or freaking leg of lamb. Anything that would have lasted in my tummy.
  • alphameg
    Options
    Nearly halfway through February, how are people doing on their goals? I'm doing well with it - I knew that Monday would be basically impossible for me to get exercise so I went to yoga Sunday instead so I could go to CrossFit tonight. Depending on how sore I am I hope to do yoga tomorrow and CrossFit Thursday so Friday can be all about getting ready for vacation, but if I need a day off tomorrow I will do Friday yoga instead.
  • snickerdude
    snickerdude Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'm doing okay by these goals; still going to the gym and tracking. Haven't done much to find filling foods though. Still need to work on that.

Good job planning a head on the exercise, alpha!