Disney World, Florida, Magic Kingdom - Best Eats

Options
joy4824
joy4824 Posts: 49 Member
Fantasyland
*Cinderella's Royal Table - Braised Cobia - Braised in Pomodorro sauce served with vegetables over angel hair pasta; Nicoise Salad - Pan seared tuna with mixed greens, eggs, Haricot verts, tomatoes and olives drizzled with house vinaigrette; Vegetarian Cassoulet - Baked French style casserole of cannelini and garbonzo beans topped with wild mushrooms, zucchini, shallots, tomatoes and herbs
*Be Our Guest Restaurant - Quinoa salad - With Green Beans, potatoes, Olives,Roasted Bell Peppers, Golden Beets and Tomatoes; Tuna Nicoise Salad - Warm Seared Tuna Steak with chilled Green Beans, Potatoes,Olives, Roasted Bell Peppers, Tomatoes and Hard Poached Egg; Vegetable Quiche - Mushroom, Zucchini, Bell Pepper, Onion and Chive Quiche with Baby Lettuce and Champagne Vinaigrette
*Pinocchio Village Haus - Caesar Salad with chicken - Made with romaine lettuce, chicken, and Parmesan cheese; Mediterranean Salad - Made with mixed greens, chicken, and mozzarella cheese

Replies

• joy4824
    Options
    Frontier Land
    *Diamond Horseshoe Revue - LUNCH - Ceasar Salad with Chicken - Apples or Potato Chips; Ham and swiss Sandwich - with apple slices or potato chips - DINNER - All you care to eat - tossed mixed greens with strawberry vinaigrette dressing) and fare from the Ranchhand's Feast (ham and carved beef with sides of seasonal vegetables, herb bread stuffing and macaroni and cheese)
    *Pecos Bill Tall Tale Inn and Cafe - Vegetable Burger - Served with apple slices or french fries; Caesar Salad with Chicken - Romaine lettuce, chicken and parmesan; Taco Salad - Lettuce, Tomato, Cheese, and Chili; Chicken Wrap - Served with French fries or Apple Slices.
  • joy4824
    Options
    Adventureland
    *Aloha Isle - Fresh Cut Pineapple Spear
    *Tortuga Tavern - Ceasar Salad - With chicken; Taco Salad - Crisp Flour tortilla with seasoned beef; Vegetarian Burritos
  • joy4824
    Options
    Tomorrowland
    *Cosmic Ray's Starlight Cafe - Grilled Chicken Sandwich - Served with your choice of apple slices, French fries or cucumber salad; Turkey Sandwich - Served with your choice of apple slices, french fries or cucumber salad; Vegetable sandwich - Served with your choice of apple slices, french fries or cucumber salad; Vegetarian Burger - Served with French fries or apple slices
    *Tomorrowland Terrace - Citrus Shrimp Salad - Served with mandarin orange dressing; Lobster Roll - Served with homemade chips
  • joy4824
    Options
    Main Street USA
    *Crystal Palace - A Buffet with Character - Guests 10 & up. Offers a variety of selections to tempt every taste including: multigrain nut bread and white rolls, PB & J, Mixed field greens with choice of dressing (ranch, zinfandel, & madarin orange sesame vinaigrette), Tropical slaw, Mediterranean pasta salad, Moroccan couscous salad, Romaine blue cheese salad, Shrimp, black bean & mango salad, Edamame, Papaya frisee salad, Roasted garlic mashed potatoes, Broccoli, Medley of veggies, Braised kale with bacon & onion, BBQ Pork Tenderloin, Vegetable Fritatta, Curry Stir Fry Noodles, Citrus Marinated Flank Steak, Cheese pizza, Vegetable pasta, Wild mushroom & chicken pasta, Cinnamon & lemon basmati rice, Thai curry mussels, Fruit & vegetable tofu curry, Atlantic salmon, Rotisserie chicken, and New England clam chowder. Dessert selection includes: Red Velvet cheesecake, Double chocolate brownie, Peanut butter cake, Tres leches, Apple cobbler, Banana bread pudding, Carrot cake, Assorted cookies, and Coconut flan. Winnie the Pooh and friends invite you to indulge yourself in our bountiful buffet. The room comes alive with the sights and smells of the day's offerings being prepared in our live on stage kitchen.
    *Tony's Town Square Restaurant - Minestrone - Made with orzo pasta; Mixed Greens - Mixed Greens tossed in our House dressing topped with Feta cheese and croutons; Seasonal soup - Tony's Creation: soup of the day; Tomato and Mozzarella Salad - Tomatoes, fresh Mozzarella, and Red Onions tossed with Roasted Garlic, Shallots, and Balsamic Dressing; Eggplant Catasta (stack) - Layers of eggplant, fresh mozzarella, and parmesan with marinara sauce; Grilled Salmon Salad - With Orange and Fresh Fennel Dressing and Wlanut Mascarpone Crostini; Shrimp Scampi - Linguini with Sun-Dried Tomatoes and Asparagus tossed in a Garlic Sauce; Cioppino - Clams, Mussels, Calamari and Shrimp with Pappardelle Noodles and a Brodo Di Verdura garnished with a Crostini; Mushroom Ravioli - House made daily with a Pesto Cream sauce and garnished with toasted pine nuts, baby spinach and crispy leeks
  • joy4824
    Options
    Liberty Square
    *Columbia Harbour House - Anchors Aweigh Sandwich - White tuna with lettuce and tomato served on a toasted multi-grain bread. Served with chips; Garden Harvest Salad - Mixed greens with chicken, garden veggies, cheese and sunflower seeds; Lighthouse Sandwich - Hummus with tomato-broccoli slaw. Served with chips; Broccoli pepper corn salad - broccoli, corn, peas, mixed green salad, red onion,fresh baked chicken breast, and parmesan cheese with a peppercorn ranch dressing; Grilled Salmon - With Couscous and steamed Broccoli marinated in a white balsamic vinegar; Lobster Roll - With chips, broccoli marinated in a white balsamic vinegar
    *Liberty Tree Tavern - Declaration Salad - Field greens and vegetables tossed with your choice of our Tavern Strawberry vinaigrette or Roasted-garlic buttermilk dressing; Colony Salad - Washington apples, sweet pecans, applewood smoked cheddar cheese, and grilled chicken tossed with field greens in a honey-shallot vinaigrette;The Liberty Boys BLT - Slow Roasted Pork, Fresh Greens and Tomatoes on House Made Bread and Caramelized Shallots and Mushroom Mayonnaise Spread; Vegetarian Burger - House made potato Quinoa vegan patty topped with vegan tofu tzatziki sauce with fruit or sweet potato fries
  • Pinkiepreppie
    Pinkiepreppie Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    When you say, "Best Eats," do you mean healthy food for while you are in Disney?

We eat really well on the meal plan. We stay away from fast food and eat in restaurants as much as possible. However, I don't follow a diet plan on vacation. When I'm at the 50's Prime Time Cafe, I will be having their fried chicken. I have never in my life had better fried chicken. And, I always get in trouble with the waitress because I refuse to eat my greens. Last time, my daughter and I hid our greens in our napkins and threw them away in the ladies room. My husband tattle-taled on us. He got in trouble instead of us because he tattled!

Anyway, we have our favorites, but we don't eat junk at counter service. We try to make sure we are getting fresh fruit and veggies so that we don't get sick. I guess we eat moderately healthy food.

All of the walking keeps the pounds off.
  • staceycanada
    Options
    Hands down favorite place to eat Boma.

I will not be restriciting the way I eat in any way on vacation.
    I will enjoy my food and have a great vacation.
    The amount of brisk walking I do in ne day at Disney wil help!
    Either I will gain or I won't but I will not make that the focus of my vacation.

More power to those that do though. :wink:
  • AndyLL180
    AndyLL180 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Le Cellier Steakhouse in Paris in Epcot was real nice.

We really enjoyed both Prime Time and Sci Fi dining in hollywood studios.

I wasn't a fan of the dining plan when we did it. Most plans come with deserts which I wouldn't eat otherwise. Also... we didn't want to wast unused credits so we ended up converting them into snack credits and bought a bunch of crap.

Andy
  • Pinkiepreppie
    Options
    The meal plan is definitely not for everybody. We spent so much money on food during our first trip to Disney, and when we returned, we saved a ton of money by using the meal plan. We figured out our own system that works for us.

I still haven't eaten at Le Cellier. We tried to get reservations there for New Year's Eve in 2008, and couldn't get in. We at at the Yachtsmen Steakhouse instead. Maybe in 2014 we will be able to get reservations. We've heard great things.

Via Napoli is one of our new favorites...
  • staceycanada
    Options
    Pinkie did you call about le cellier 180 days out? We have never had a problem getting reservations but we also travel in slower seasons.
  • Pinkiepreppie
    Options
    Yes. The problem was that it was New Year's Eve. The reservation lady on the phone then suggested the Yachtsman Steakhouse, which was great. After eating there, we spent the evening on the boardwalk where there was plenty of live entertainment. So, it all worked out in the end.

I do look forward to eating at Le Cellier in the future though. :)
  • joy4824
    Options
    Just so everyone knows...I posted what is the healthiest meals while in the park. But if you know how you are going to eat and where then more power to you. I have personally never used the meal plan but I think its a great idea because you can go way overboard with food if you don't watch yourself.
  • staceycanada
    Options
    I wonder if you can get a calorie count from food services.
    When we went any time in the past I wasn't trying to lose weight.
    We used the dining plan (free each time) and stuffed ourselves.
    My son has Celian disease (can not eat grains/gluten) and we were given a great list of places and foods he could eat.
    I wonder if they have this for calories as well.
  • joy4824
    Options
    I wonder if you can get a calorie count from food services.
    When we went any time in the past I wasn't trying to lose weight.
    We used the dining plan (free each time) and stuffed ourselves.
    My son has Celian disease (can not eat grains/gluten) and we were given a great list of places and foods he could eat.
    I wonder if they have this for calories as well.

That would definitely be something to look into. It would make things a whole lot easier to count as you go as well.
  • staceycanada
    Options
    I would like to amend my first comment about not changing my eating when we go. I am 578 days away from our WDW trip.
    I plan to be back to my goal weight by then.
    The more weight I lose the more I want it to stay gone.
    I am really going to have to look into whether they have calorie counts any where.