Recommedations?- I love a good murder/thriller novel

Options
Hello readers!

I just finished John Grishams new book, "The Racketeer", and Tom Benigo's "The Good Lawyer". Any recommendations for good murder mysteries? I appreciate all suggestions. Thanks! :glasses:

Replies

• sillygoosie
    sillygoosie Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    The Kenzie/Gennaro series by Dennis Lehane is very good.
  • DianeG213
    DianeG213 Posts: 253
    Options
    Thanks! I'll check it out. :happy:
  • Serenitytoo
    Serenitytoo Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    The Rizzoli and Isles series by Tess Gerritsen. It is very different from the TV show, but very good.
  • Strangelyinsane
    Strangelyinsane Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Patricia Cornwell is the author of mysteries featuring Kay Scarpetta. The first of the series is called Postmortem. Michael Connelly is the author of mysteries featuring Harry Bosch. the first of the series is called The Black Echo. Robert Crais is the author of mysteries featuring Elvis Cole and Joe Pike. The first of the series is called The Monkey's Raincoat.

I found all three authors and their subsequent novels to be fun reads. Elvis has the most humor and is the typical tough wise-cracking private detective with a heart. Harry Bosch is an LA policeman with serious flaws but good intentions. Kay Scarpetta is a medical examiner which provides a different viewpoint of a murder.

Try them out!
  • DianeG213
    DianeG213 Posts: 253
    Options
    Thanks so much for sharing your favorites. I will be checking them out. It's nice to have a recommendation! :flowerforyou:
  • Faery61
    Options
    One that might meet your criteria is "Gone Girl:A Novel" by Gillian Flynn. It really is more of a suspense/thriller type of book but it centers around a murder. I enjoyed it so much that I read it twice because there are a LOT of twists and turns. I will caution you however that there is quite a lot of cursing and use of the F*bomb so if that sort of language bothers you, it might not be your cup of tea.
  • paulipet
    Options
    Any Karen Rose book. Wonderful books
  • eys81
    eys81 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I second the Patricia Cornwell recommendation. They were my go-to for a long time.

I also really love the Leaphorn and Chee books by Tony Hillerman. The first one in that series is the Blessing Way, it is fantastic!!!
  • zorbaru
    zorbaru Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    the smokey barrett series by cody macfadyen.

holy crap, they are some of the best crime thrillers i have read.

note: there is some pretty messed up stuff in them.
  • canadiandee
    canadiandee Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Anything by Jonathan Kellerman.
  • GasnotGas
    GasnotGas Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Child 44 by Tim Rob Smith Excellent Crime romp, set in 1930 Russia.
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,004 Member
    Options
    Anything by Ann Rule...she writes true crime/murders
  • AusAshMommy
    AusAshMommy Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    Oh Goodness where to begin? LOL!!! I do book reviews as a hobby and have a TON of books I've read under this heading, let's see some of my top favorites are these:

The Last Clinic by Gary Cusick
    Unintended Consequences by Marti Green
    and my Absolute Favorite was Hidden Agenda by Peter S. Berman

my reviews of these books can be found here; http://ncreadergirl.wordpress.com

I really truly enjoyed each of the ones listed above! On the edge of your seat type of books!
  • ctlinj7
    ctlinj7 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Defending Jacob by William Landay. Just finished. You couldn't predict the ending on this one.... haha
  • LifeItself
    Options
    I am loving Gillian Flynn novels right now!