Insanity Pre/ Post Workout Drink alternatives

Options
Hey guys So ill be hitting up my favorite workout of the week in a few mins. I drank a Pre-workout drink due to having eaten about 3 hours ago. My pre-workout drink was a bit of gatorade powder and Whey Protein. i've read that there should be a balance of carbs and protein in these pre/post drinks. is that right or wrong? also i like to do the workout in the morning. so do you think this pre workout drink is a good idea to take? Thanks so much for your Feedback guys :)

Replies

• trinity_sw
    Options
    I'd like to know this also. I've only on week one but I start the workout at 6:30 am and eat 1 small banana and have water before the workout. I'm guessing as its going to get harder perhaps I should be having something more substantial before I start?
  • currlee
    currlee Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I wake up and workout first thing with no food. I'm in month two/week two and I've never had a problem. I recently started drinking Beachbody Results & Recovery while working out and then I have my Shakeology right after. The R&R seems to be giving my body what it needs; I feel an increase in energy and a decrease in soreness.
  • Microfiber
    Microfiber Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    I'm on Day 2 so really can't comment but I worked out fasted this morning and had a chocolate flavoured milk drink afterwards :laugh:
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    personally i think that if you are getting a good balance of macros each day, it doenst matter too much about timing.

i cant work out fasted, some people can, some cant. on a week day i workout after work, so i have a snack when i get in - usually protein based, a boiled egg or glass of milk or bit of cheese (because i am hungry by then), work out and then i eat my dinner within an hour of finishing my workout, which is a balance of carbs & protein.

i aim for 1g of protein per lb of bodyweight, and i am doing ok so far!
  • Shettles349
    Options
    I've been taking ACG3 just after 4am when I get up. By 4:15 I'm ready to go. It helps be push through the workouts and really break a good sweat. I was taking Xpand before, but ACG3 just seems to work a little better. After my workout, I have a protein shake that consists of 1cp of almond milk (unsweetened), 2 scoops of vanilla whey protein, 1 tblsp of natural Smuckers peanut butter, and 1 tspn of fat free butterscotch pudding mix. Sometimes I'll also add 1/2 a banana. They taste great! Good luck with Insanity!