New

Options
mumnpets
mumnpets Posts: 16 Member
Hi im new to myfitnesspal and to this team. Iv had fibro for 28 years it came on after a difficult birth to a 10lb 13 oz baby. Im looking for friends to share encouragement.

Replies

• Bookchick887
    Bookchick887 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Welcome Mum,
    It seems like we are a fractured group, here, but some of us are on 'Pain' if you want to jump in. The same group is on 'lying on an ice pack'. I don't see much activity otherwise, but we can maybe encourage each other somehow.
    myfitnesspal is great and I like the accountability and support. You can add me as a friend if you want.
    Eileen
  • LizPlus
    LizPlus Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Hi Mum,
    Welcome to the group!!!! There is a lot of support here for you, we are all on the same journey...to lose those stubborn pounds.

Take Care!!
    Liz
  • Joannemlf
    Options
    Hi everyone. I'm new to MFP as well. Seeing a nutritionist who turned me on to MFP. Not only do I have Fibro, but I also have:

*Sleep apnea
    *High blood pressure
    *High triglycerides
    *High cholesterol
    *Asthma
    *Over 100 lbs. over weight
    *And other health issues

I'm having a difficult time getting motivated to exercise when the act of dusting sometimes even throws me into an "episode" as I call it, and migraines during that time. Stretching helps a lot, but even that I'm finding difficult to get motivated to do. I'm hoping the support of a group will not only help me be accountable, but it will give me ideas of how I can be proactive in getting my health under control again. My husband had gastric bypass over a decade ago and swears it's a great way to get my health back, but I want to try to do it on my own first before I consider that route. Besides, I have no insurance and can't afford that type of procedure unless I am able to get financial support somehow through grants or other means. Got any suggestions on how I can start out my exercise program without over-doing it? I look forward to getting to know all of you online in this group. Thanks.
  • Bookchick887
    Bookchick887 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I will just tell you from my own experience. I lost most of my weight at the beginning and had an injury so couldn't exercise. If you can walk around the block, then do that. If you can stretch a little, do that. You don't have to hurry through this, make it your lifestyle. If you can't do anything for now, then don't be hard on yourself. Just do what you can. If you keep track of your food choices, you will be better for it.
  • shreck05
    shreck05 Posts: 77
    Options
    Welcome new friends. I'm Dena and I have been diagnosed with Fibromyalgia 2yrs ago. I haven't worked since. It has been an emotional roller coaster for me as well. I must say this site has the best group of supporters for weight loss and FM. You came to the right place. I started MFP January this year and I have lost 12lbs. I have been bed ridden for most of those days. I am only logging my food. No exercise. I am not able to committ to exercise yet but I am sure one day I will be able to get back at it. Logging is the best key along with your MFP buddies. :smooched: