The Weekly Male Stop 2/15 - 2/21

Options
KevinS62
KevinS62 Posts: 239 Member
Hey all. It's time to start a new week. I hope y'all are doing good this week.

I was good during Mardi Gras and recorded another 3 lb loss this morning. Had a NSV this week as I went to the closet on Monday morning and grabbed some khakis for work. I never noticed until I put them on that they weren't my "fat" pants.

*Two/three years ago, my wife found pants with sliding/elastic extensions built in. I suppose they go from 38-42 I guess. I've called them my fat pants ever since.

I still got a lot of "dunlap" going on when I put on a pair of blue jeans, but I no longer look pregnant like I do in my profile pic. I need to update that, but hate posing for pictures!

-Kevin

Replies

• thadius65
    thadius65 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    What you call fat pants - Expando Pants! :o)

I continue to drop with the MFP and BMF tools. Not as good as previous weeks, but over last three it has been 8,5 and this week 3lbs. I have a very challenging week coming up with lots of distractions.

Tuesday I leave for an overnight in NYC to attend a comedy event. Then I drive all the way across state to Pittsburgh to attend Flyers v Pens (GO PENS!). This is in a box with beer/food provided..... :o\ Then on the road again the following day back home. So, Tues-Thurs is a mess and weigh in is Friday. Going to take a great deal of workout and will power to not gain anything.

Luckily I then have a full week in normal routine, but then first week of March it is off to New Orleans for large healthcare convention. Gonna also be a rough one to climb out safely!
  • KevinS62
    Options
    What you call fat pants - Expando Pants! :o)
    Luckily I then have a full week in normal routine, but then first week of March it is off to New Orleans for large healthcare convention. Gonna also be a rough one to climb out safely!

LMAO at expando pants. Have fun in NOLA. Try not to eat too much. It's hard, I know. We got some good food here!
  • FitGoal165
    Options
    I had a solid week. I made it to the gym 4 out of 7 days. I dropped 0.4 pounds. And, I'll take that. I am at 64% of my goal weight loss. I also had a NSV. My wife hugged me and said that she misses the playground. "The playground" is my cushy tummy. I can live with her missing that for another 10-20 years. Ha!

My goal everyday (not that it happens everyday) is to take one positive step towards my end result. That step might be running for 30 seconds longer than I planned to, passing on a goodie that I really wanted to eat, or one more rep on the weights when my body says that it can't do it. I know that those little positive steps are going to pay off big time because I already see them paying off now.
  • felipejose74
    felipejose74 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hey Guys,
    Been trying to stay on track as much as possible since our little boy arrived three weeks ago. So far it's been OK and I started P90X this past Sunday. Eating pretty good and exercising a lot but it seems weight loss has stalled at 177. The good news is that my energy level is really good and as hard as the work outs are I'm excited to get up in the morning to go after the next challenge.

The one thing I am missing is all the running I was doing before I started P90X. Seems like that was really helping get the weight down. Tomorrow is a scheduled off day so I think I might sneak in a long slow run.
  • AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    Although not a great week from a calorie intake (beer and wine) or exercise, I've managed to drop two pounds. I am eating better and will get into the gym this week.
  • thadius65
    Options
    I can handle the eating part pretty good, but the free beer causes some temptation. Especially good craft beer. If I get a sniff of a good IPA, the calories start piling up.
  • 5stringjeff
    5stringjeff Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    I had a pretty good week. This morning I weighed in at 186 - lowest weight since I was a 23-year-old lieutenant!
  • daleweideman
    daleweideman Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    It's great to hear about the excellent progress. Way to go, guys!

It was a middling week for me - I did better on the exercise and I thought I was doing well on the eating, but I splurged pretty big Thursday night (Valentines) treating the wife to a nice steak dinner I cooked, and then when I weighed in this morning - flat. Down .2 lbs.

I'm going to hang in there, watch the portions and get back to drinking less wine, and hopefully this will be a pause and I'll be back down 1.5 or 2.0 next week. My short term goal is to get under 260 this month, the milestones of 260, 250, etc. are real important to me.

Keep up the great focus guys, and hopefully I'll have good news to report next week.
  • daleweideman
    Options
    Reality is the mirror of your thoughts. Choose well what you put in front of the mirror.
  • KevinS62
    Options
    Reality is the mirror of your thoughts. Choose well what you put in front of the mirror.

Hmmm. I think I agree. Reality is what I see in the mirror. And while I've dropped 25, reality tells me I need to drop 20 more! :wink:

Did my post-weekend damage assessment this morning, and I might have even dropped a partial pound. That was with beer on Friday and Saturday nights. Saturday I was doing some heavy work in the back yard, laying 25 feet of 4 inch corugated drain tubing. The back was sore, so yesterday, I just chillaxed. Even though I had no beer yesterday, it's hard to hang out in front of the TV without getting the munchies.

Hope everyone had a good weekend and hope y'all have even a better week. If I don't check in before hand, I'll see y'all again Friday morning.

-Kevin
  • KevinS62
    Options
    BTW Dale, those 10 lb milestones are something I look forward to as well. Getting below 240 and 230 were great. I'm really going to like the next three: 219, 209, and 199.

I set some target milestones about a week after I started last month. I made the first one, 230 by 2/1/13. The second is 220 by 3/1/13, but now I'm hoping to get below that a week early. After the first couple months I figure it will be tougher and only calculated 5 lbs per month, which puts me at 200 lbs by July. But, if I can get there quicker, I'll take 200 sometime in May. With NO problem!

-Kevin
  • KevinS62
    Options
    I had a pretty good week. This morning I weighed in at 186 - lowest weight since I was a 23-year-old lieutenant!

Good job, Jeff!
  • daleweideman
    Options
    BTW Dale, those 10 lb milestones are something I look forward to as well. Getting below 240 and 230 were great. I'm really going to like the next three: 219, 209, and 199.

I set some target milestones about a week after I started last month. I made the first one, 230 by 2/1/13. The second is 220 by 3/1/13, but now I'm hoping to get below that a week early. After the first couple months I figure it will be tougher and only calculated 5 lbs per month, which puts me at 200 lbs by July. But, if I can get there quicker, I'll take 200 sometime in May. With NO problem!

-Kevin

I bet getting under 220 will be a huge win for you on the bike. Good luck hitting that 200 by July target - that will be excellent.
  • wolfjj79
    wolfjj79 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    My week wasn't as good on the scale as some of yours. My journey started last Aug/Sep and dropped 15-20 lbs real fast but it's been a hard struggle since Jan, when I had to work off the 5 I gained over the holidays. I started @ 254 (not on MFP) and now I'm at 231. I'm slowly bringing it down but almost always see a rise after the weekend, this last one giving me back about 1lb.

HOWEVER, I did see something on the scale I haven't see for over 15 years....my weight @ 228. That was right after a 5k jog but hey, it's something I've been wanting to see for a while now.

I did work out 4 of the 7 days last week, or was it 3? I'm almost at my 10 lb milestone of 230. I hit it last week but I'm up a lb again today. It seems that since Jan I keep losing, then bouncing up a little, and then losing back down or maintaining for another week.

I'm hoping to reach 200 by August, just a month after streittk, which means that from March thru July I'll have to lose 6lbs a month. Here's hoping I get with it and do this.
  • KevinS62
    Options
    I'm hoping to reach 200 by August, just a month after streittk, which means that from March thru July I'll have to lose 6lbs a month. Here's hoping I get with it and do this.

I got faith in ya. 6 lbs a month is easy peasy. Well, maybe not easy peasy. You just got to make sure to drop a little each week. It's those weeks that you gain that make it so hard.

-Kevin
  • bubbanene
    bubbanene Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    dale I have question for you, did weight loss help yooour back on longer rides? Im at 350 down from 380 was wondering if i would feel a difference come spring?
  • thadius65
    Options
    Well, my week of temptation is over. Worked out 2x's per day, even when out of town three days. Controlled food very well, but not so much on the beer. Had 12 pints, mostly craft beer over mid week days. Thought I was in deep trouble this morning, but focus on proper foods and cardio had me down 3.5lbs more!! :o)