Weight loss stall! Can someone help me!

Options
dmcb24
dmcb24 Posts: 56 Member
Hi I am 37 years old 5' tall and weigh 125 lbs. my goal is 110-115. I lost 7 lbs since starting paleo but not losi g anymore and in fact gaining. Can someone please look at my diary and tell me what the deal is. I work out 5-6 times a week with lifting weights 3 days ( full body) and I do spinning 2-3 times and running/ power walki g the other days. I am beyond frustrated. I feel like I should hve lost a ton more weight by now. I've been paleo since January 1 this year.

Thanks!

Replies

• TS65
    TS65 Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    Your diary looks fine. Those first 7 lbs were probably a lot of water bloat. Try to remember this is a lifestyle. You've only been on for 6 weeks. And, you don't have a lot of weight to lose.

The scale is a lying Ba$tard. Toss it buy a measuring tape. If you work out that much, where did you come to your goal weight of 110 - 115? At 5'5, at one time in my life, I was the same size at 118 that I was at 135 (jiggly at 118, muscle at 135).

Instead of the scale, perhaps you should go by body fat measurement. The charts used for weight/height don't account for muscle mass - which means, you may already be close to where you need to be solely based on your workouts and muscle mass. Don't let a number rule your goals.
  • ronja2
    ronja2 Posts: 36
    Options
    Your diary looks fine. Those first 7 lbs were probably a lot of water bloat. Try to remember this is a lifestyle. You've only been on for 6 weeks. And, you don't have a lot of weight to lose.

The scale is a lying Ba$tard. Toss it buy a measuring tape. If you work out that much, where did you come to your goal weight of 110 - 115? At 5'5, at one time in my life, I was the same size at 118 that I was at 135 (jiggly at 118, muscle at 135).

Instead of the scale, perhaps you should go by body fat measurement. The charts used for weight/height don't account for muscle mass - which means, you may already be close to where you need to be solely based on your workouts and muscle mass. Don't let a number rule your goals.

What TS65 said. It's not about the weight. Remember that muscle weighs more than fat so if you work out that often and lift heavy, chances are that you're getting more toned, loosing inches but the weight stays the same or even goes up because you're increasing your muscle mass. Stick with it, toss out the scale, and buy that measuring tape. Oh, and be patient. This doesn't happen over night. You can do it!
  • dmcb24
    dmcb24 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Thanks ladies. I u dee stand what you are saying. I will start taking measurements. Eff the scale!