New to your group

Options
I just join this site today. I'm hoping that I will find inspiration here to help me lose weight and lead a healthier lifestyle. I will try to give help to others when I can. It has been about 15 years since I've become aware that I had diabetes so it isn't new to me. I'm still learning more everyday about it.

I enjoy reading about how other people are doing. Losing weight sure would be a plus for me.

Replies

• Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Welcome! MFP is a great site! Its so easy to use and, if you DO use it, you cant help but lose weight. No diet works....believe me, I know...I've tried LOTS of them before I came here. All it takes is watching what you eat and moving around more than you used to. I only take Metformin now and that's only to help with my weight loss. My BS is under control through my diet and I have no intention of EVER going back on the other meds.

My diary is public, feel free to check it out. I am not perfect but I think I am doing pretty well. Again, welcome!
  • lsngwght
    Options
    Thank you. I wonder if I could get down to Metformin as my only med. I'm on Lantus and take Humalog if it is needed.
  • bdubya55
    bdubya55 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    Hi there lsngwght,:smile:

You've come to the right place. From my experience, since joining this group, there are (many) knowlegeable members here eager to offer you their support, inspiration and encouragement.

Having been (aware), you've been diabetic for 15 years, it's great you're wanting to lose some weight and lead a healthier lifestyle.

http://www.bloodsugar101.com/ is a great site, packed with a lot of useful information, that's been very helpful to me.

I was diagnosed with T2 in 1986 and use Novolog, Lantus and Metformin to control my blood sugars. Since joining MFP, and by taking advantage of this site to log my meals, reduce carbs, adding some excersize to my weekly routine, losing a bit of weight, I've been able to reduce my mealtime insulin to carb ratio's, along with reducing my Lantus dose at bedtime.

Feel free to add me if you'd like.

I wish you much success and welcome!

Bob
  • RaineyLaney
    RaineyLaney Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard... Glad to have you... I have an open food diary, but if you want to add me as friend, you may :)