Check-In..

Options
lawandfitness
lawandfitness Posts: 1,257 Member
Hello All,

Just wanted to see how everyone is feeling after day 4....

I also wanted to see how everyone is doing these workouts, are you planning on doing 10 straight days of level 1 or are you taking rest days in between???

Also, is anyone taking any whey protein after their workouts or any other supplements, if so, please share what you are taking and what brand.

I got up bright and early to do Level 1 this morning. Today was my third consecutive day doing Level 1 but day 6 out of the last 9 days doing it (took 3 days off last week cause my kids were sick!) I feel a lot stronger than I did last week!!! I can see a bit of a difference in my mid-section! How is everyone else??? Feeling good???

Replies

• emartin87
    Options
    I wll be doing day 5 of 30ds soon.. I for some reason am still taking a few breaks during the work out(to catch my breath). at least i'm doing it though. I have been feeling GREAT!!! I did take an off day on saturday (sunday i didn't do the 30ds but i still did a small quick workout) So excited to see results at the end of the whole thing :)
  • trustymutsi
    trustymutsi Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I am doing a day off between. I've heard Jillian actually recommends it, despite the name of the video.

I use Body Fortress whey protein from Wal-Mart (Chocolate Peanut Butter). I make a shake with it. Here's the recipe:

1 cup frozen broccoli
    1 banana (I prefer a frozen banana, but unfrozen is fine too).
    1 cup fat free milk
    2 cups water
    1 scoop Whey Protein.

Blend on low for 20 seconds, then on high for another 20 seconds.

Sounds horrible, but I think it tastes great. Wonderful way for me to get my veggies in.
  • candy102389
    Options
    Im starting to feel better soreness wise. I plan on doing it 30 day straight. my mission is to be doing those push ups without stopping. and that cardio too. I started with no weight but will be doing with weights starting tomo.
  • DaffyGirl88
    DaffyGirl88 Posts: 4,645 Member
    Options
    I planned on doing 30 days straight, but today am home sick from work with a bit of a cold (not the flu thank God!) so I will probably rest. I use EAS soy protein, vanilla flavored. Sometimes I blend it with a few berries, other time just mix it with skim milk or water.
  • DaffyGirl88
    DaffyGirl88 Posts: 4,645 Member
    Options
    I am doing a day off between. I've heard Jillian actually recommends it, despite the name of the video.

I use Body Fortress whey protein from Wal-Mart (Chocolate Peanut Butter). I make a shake with it. Here's the recipe:

1 cup frozen broccoli
    1 cup fat free milk
    2 cups water
    1 scoop Whey Protein.

Frozen broccoli? Really? Can you taste it? I wouldn't think to pair that with chocolate peanut butter.

Sounds horrible, but I think it tastes great. Wonderful way for me to get my veggies in.
  • trustymutsi
    trustymutsi Posts: 174 Member
    Options

1 cup frozen broccoli
    1 cup fat free milk
    2 cups water
    1 scoop Whey Protein.

Frozen broccoli? Really? Can you taste it? I wouldn't think to pair that with chocolate peanut butter.

I can't taste the broccoli, personally. I think the banana and whey protein flavor overpowers it. Also keep in mind, I am a VERY picky eater, and am easily grossed out by weird foods.
  • winniebago
    winniebago Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Glad to see others are taking the odd rest day; i know it's recommended to do alternate days but I'm impatient!
    Yesterday though, it just wasn't going to happen for various reasons, mainly, having to eat at the only convenient exercise time.
    Do you just count the missed days or take up where you left off?
    Haven't measured myself yet - will do so now, because I'd like to drop an inch or so from my waist.
  • Buhbee
    Buhbee Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I just completed it an hour ago and oh my goodness what a rush! I am going to do a day on and day off. I know your not supposed to be lifting weights for consecutive days so tomorrow I plan on doing Turbo Jam or Zumba + yoga. I haven't decided yet and it varies if my 4 month old will let me have time. :ohwell:

I'm taking supplements every other day as well. I do have the Jillian Michaels chocolate whey protein powder and I use only half a scoop with 1/2 c of vanilla almond milk, and 1 tbsp of peanut butter. But like today I am drinking a Green Monster smoothie that I found on pinterest last night, here is the link: http://www.hellifignaw.com/2012/02/nothing-beats-good-burger.html. I am usually not a fan of those but the strawberries really make it yummy.
  • CatzMe67
    CatzMe67 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I haven't started yet :( Plan to do it in the morning before going to work and will probably do it every other day just because I have roller derby practice twice a week and school every night (along with work everyday). Hope I have the same results as everyone else here.....looking forward to more energy!
  • aliparry
    aliparry Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'm going to try and do it virtually every day. I already know there are a couple of days that I can't do.. the only other thing that will stop me is the pain that I currently have in my quads!!
  • plynn54
    plynn54 Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    im going on to level 2 on friday. Still cant do real pushups lol but probablly never will thats the only thing im not doing the advanced on.
  • lifeofsun
    lifeofsun Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm doing it everyday, until I feel my body get sore/tired and I'm risky injury. Just listen to your bodies.. if you're body is telling you 'ouch' then take a rest day, maybe just go for a walk. It's good to change it up, so you don't plateau and walking or swimming will work different muscles and keep your body guessing what is coming next. But I definitely try to stick to the program as much as possible.
  • mrsjas2000
    mrsjas2000 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    I am only on day 4 and I have been doing it everyday and take a day off when my body can't handle it
  • Ryokat
    Ryokat Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I finished day 4 earlier today...would've been day 5 but I took a rest day yesterday. I plan to take rest days whenever I need them.
  • lgoewey36
    Options
    Feeling good still one level one took a day off on Sunday which is recommended from most fitness experts to let body
    regroup. Tomorrow I thinking og moving to level two.
  • loved1
    loved1 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Day 8, Level 1 - I have been really dragging on this as life got in the way (sick kid) but I am ready to return to 5 days a week. This has been a supplement to my 10 miler race training & I feel like my running is improving. I have been performing the circuit moves in spurts even on days when I didn't complete the tape.
  • Hayaa79
    Hayaa79 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    I'm doing it everyday, until I feel my body get sore/tired and I'm risky injury. Just listen to your bodies.. if you're body is telling you 'ouch' then take a rest day, maybe just go for a walk. It's good to change it up, so you don't plateau and walking or swimming will work different muscles and keep your body guessing what is coming next. But I definitely try to stick to the program as much as possible.

I agree Listen to your body

I am on 10th day of Level 2 yayyy
  • loved1
    loved1 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Day 9, Level 1 done
  • jeaninemckinney
    Options
    Hello! Good to:-)be back! I havent done this for about two weeks now, i started back at level two and it was harder then i remember! But i would like to do it for 10 days thens level three and be done once and for all! And would love to go onto any one of her dvds i have! ur all doing so great! I want to finish this damn dvd already, ive never made it to level three so thats my goal! I need to stick with it...i mean whats twnty days! Keep kickin *kitten* ladies, i hope your seeing results! I was untill i stopped!:bigsmile: