BMF Activity Manager VS JM 360 programs

Options
Swimgoddess
Swimgoddess Posts: 711 Member
Did anyone go with the Jillian Michaels version at setup? How do you like it? I'm thinking of switching.

Replies

• jsanders1965
    Options
    I just recently tried the Jillian Michel's set up and did not like it It's confusing. There was no crossover of the calories you burned with the bodymedia over to her page. The way it's set up is like having to do twice the stuff, like the food is on MFP, but it doesn't cross over to her page, only the bodymedia page. When you sign up it takes over your usual control panel and her Jillian Michaels page shows up. No difference there, just different colors. I just hated it and cancelled before my 7 day trial ended or it would have automatically kept it. Now comes the fun part, bodymedia has to switch accounts back to them. It takes a few days and so far I'm still syncing to the JM site, but I have no access to the bodymedia site yet... It's been a mess. I can see using it if you want to be inputting things twice.. but otherwise, I just don't get it... she does have good advice and diet guidelines, exercises, etc, but I personally don't need that. I just wanted to try it out and wish I hadn't. Also, her page will kick you out and sign you out if you don't look at things all the time, very, very annoying.
  • vkmcewen
    vkmcewen Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the review. I was curious about this also. I am enjoying the BMF with Myfitnesspall synchronization. You saved me from the trial.
  • Swimgoddess
    Swimgoddess Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the review. I was curious about this also. I am enjoying the BMF with Myfitnesspall synchronization. You saved me from the trial.

DITTO! :D
  • HaXena
    Options
    THANK YOU SO MUCH for posting this!

I just received my BMF link yesterday. I was so excited to get it all set up and hit a brick wall once I got to the Jillian 360 page. I have spend the better part of two days trying to figure out WHY I could not get Jillian 360 to sinc with MFP!!!!! And of corse BMF has no customer support other than email that is also notoriously bad.

One of the reasons I bought BMF was because of the app advertisement on MFP, I liked the idea of continuing to use all the recipes and meals I've created here vs. having to start over from scratch... Which I have to do if I stay with Jillian.

BodyMedia's site is quite crapy in NOT TELLING YOU the differences between the two subscriptions they offer. I am not looking forward to the ordeal of trying to switch back to the regular Bodymedia site.

Thanks again, wish I had found this post before I signed up w jillian!
  • Dav_G
    Dav_G Posts: 4
    Options
    Wow me too. Seems like a lot of hassle. Glad I went the non jm route.
  • KiraBaby20
    Options
    I can not get my phone to link with my band. I have a droid x2. It say "paired not connected" on my bluetooth settings. Help! I bought it so i could see my calorie burn from my phone and not having to plug it in everytime!
  • Artemis_Acorn
    Artemis_Acorn Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I can not get my phone to link with my band. I have a droid x2. It say "paired not connected" on my bluetooth settings. Help! I bought it so i could see my calorie burn from my phone and not having to plug it in everytime!

I was having similar troubles on my iPhone. I disconnected everything, turned the phone off and back on, and re-paired. It's been working fine ever since.

As for the JM 360 programs - I'm not a fan of JM, so I went with the standard subscription. I'm sure glad I did!
  • tmcc70
    tmcc70 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    How do you get the BMF to sync with MFP?
  • zlauerMom
    zlauerMom Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    How do you get the BMF to sync with MFP?
    In your BMF activity manager go to Settings/Preferences and choose a thrid party for nutrition. Your data from MFP will come over to BMF. Sometimes there is a lag time from input to having it show up on BMF.
  • dmw45
    dmw45 Posts: 73
    Options
    I was ready to give Jillian a try but then, if I'm remembering right, it was 4x more expensive. I can't believe for that extra money you get an account that doesn't sync with the others. I've been watching old Biggest Losers on Hulu for some motivation and I imagine I wouldn't respond well to her techniques in real life. I don't like getting yelled at. Maybe they don't show the parts where she's encouraging and supportive.

I really like the BMF-MFP combo. It seems to be working for me.