24 inch Mountain Bike Tires

Options
Loulousq
Loulousq Posts: 38 Member
Hello everyone. I bought a Roadmaster mtn. Sport xs w 18 speeds and 24 inch x 2inch tires from Craigslist used and in ok condition. I need new tires and soon bc I want to ride beginner mountain trails; now I only ride on the streets average of 30 miles a week. The tires must be replaced considering my riding intentions plus they are way past due replacing. Can anyone offer advice for new tires? My problem is that I am not sure which tires to buy. I found some really nice 24inch x 1.95inch but the sizes confuse me even after ther researching i've done. I dont know the tube size that I have but want to avoid buying new tubes esp since mine are holding up. I am planning on going into a local bike shop tomorrow but would appreciate any MFP friends advice :). Thanks.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0028N17FY/ref=mp_s_a_1?qid=1360872465&sr=8-1&pi=SL75

Replies

• Loulousq
    Loulousq Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    i got a Nishiki Pueblo 24 instead of replacing the tires on the Roadmaster. The Nishiki has 24 x 2.10 ties on them and they look so fat compared to the 24 x 2 that were on the Roadmaster. I'm hoping this Nishiki will last me for a while bc i plan on getting a road bike next year but we'll see :)

thanks for looking