I need friends too

Options
I am starting my weight loss journey today. I have 2 sons, a 2 year old and a 5 month old. I am currently EBF. I lost 20 of the 28lbs I gained with my son's pregnancy but I haven't been able to get the rest of the weight off. I didn't lose all the weight while I breastfed my first son either. It didn't come off till I gave up nursing. I really have a total of 48 lbs to lose. I was heavier than I wanted to be when I got pregnant. I really need support. I want to do this while I am nursing but I'm very nervous about maintaining my milk supply. I don't want to sacrifice my baby's health for selfish reasons. Please help!!

Replies

• Jess3742a
    Jess3742a Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Sounds like we are in the same boat! I gained a total of 45 lbs. over 2 pregnancies, and am ready to get back to the the "real" me. I am determined to lose the weight while EBF! I guess I'll just be learning as I go!
  • sabgoe
    sabgoe Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I have lost 77 pounds since I gave birth to my second son in February. Obviously, my son is on table foods at this point, but I am still nursing him quite a bit too, maybe 6 times every day or so.
  • jparson714
    jparson714 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me too! I'm working on weaning my 1 yo. I know how hard it is too lose while BF. I'm even more terrified now that we have cut back to 2 feedings a day.
  • Thumpergt9
    Thumpergt9 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I'll request you too. I am nursing my 3 month old and have about 50 pounds to lose.
  • nikkit3
    nikkit3 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi, I have had fitness pal but didn't really use it till now so I'm new :)
    I'm still nursing and my son will be a year on February 15. He is an all night nurser and still eats a few times during the day and evening.
    My last 2 pregnancies I'd gained 50lbs each time and my last one I wasn't even close to my ore pregnancy weight, so I've got about 35 lbs to lose before I get back to my pre,pre pregnancy weight.
    I've just started really focusing on the weight loss since mid December and started going to the gym and watching what I eat, I'd been loosing a little bit but all the sudden the last 2 weeks I've not lost but even gained back a couple pounds of what I had lost
    I'm not sure how many calories I need to eat either, been working out 3 -4 times a week..anyone have idea of what I should be eating calorie wise ? I'd also love some friends :)
  • obiegirl
    Options
    Requested! I'm finding it's really helpful to have some people to help motivate and provide support. (I was on before but haven't added a lot of "friends" - but it helps!) I'm a mom of 2 - a 7-year old and a 13-month old. Still nursing the 13-month old a couple of times a day.
  • KKleese
    KKleese Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I need friends too! I'll add ya! The more support the better! I'm almost EBF my 7 month old and have a son that will be 3 in March. I need to lose at least 15 more pounds but plan to keep trying to eat right and exercise as a lifestyle change! :smile:
  • FitMama_84
    FitMama_84 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm also looking for friends. I'm nursing my 5 month old. I've lost 20lbs since Sept but really got into working out again and getting serious about my weight loss about 6 weeks ago. I have about 45 more pounds to lose.
  • Christie0428
    Christie0428 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me. I am nursing my 16 month old and plan to nurse until she self weens.
  • herlysgirly
    herlysgirly Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi!! I'm EBF my 5 month old, and my 2 year old nurses sometimes for naps/bedtime. I too, really want to get back to my original weight, without my supply dropping! Please add me!!
  • bkackg
    bkackg Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I would love to have some friends/buddies on here too. I'm currently still nursing my 2 1/2 year old. He rarely nurses during the day but nurses often at night...although the past few nights he has only woken up a few times to nurse and I'm very happy about that! I'm also ttc. Looks like I'm out for this cycle and so hubby and I are motivated to eat well and try to lose a few pounds in the next couple of weeks. If anyone needs another friend...please add me! :)
  • muscat_princess
    Options
    hi ladies...add me. im EBF a 7 month old (who by the way learned how to wave bye bye this morning! ha ha) he has baby food as well.
    i hope to lose 45 pounds. i use MFP to log everyday and i stay around 1300-1500 and my milk supply hasnt suffered.
    i am losing slower than i wanted. i lost between 8 to 10 pounds in three months.
    i just dont think my body is willing to lose when Bfing

i just started excerising the past two weeks but havent seen results. hope to lose SOMETHING SOON!!!!!!!!
  • jumeshawade
    Options
    Hi ladies! Feel free to add me too. I have 3 kids under 3 years old, and my youngest is 3 1/2 months old. I love to workout and have been doing so since the beginning of the year. I gained almost 50lbs during this last pregnancy, due to emotional eating. I'm eating between 1800-2200 calories and have lost about 10lbs in a month. I'm 5'7in and 200lbs...got a long way to go.