Starting Insanity Monday with my wife!

Options
My wife and i have decided to start the Insanity work out this monday! We are excited but scared of failure, we lead very busy and un healthy lives so this is going to be a big big change for the both of us. Any advice on how to make this program work would be great!

Replies

• Katfish71
    Options
    Well, if you know what the unhealthy is, kick it out to make time for insanity and you won't regret it. If you can't stick to the schedule given with the insanity program, design a schedule that will work for you. If you can only make it fit 5 days a week, then follow your five with the program schedule and it will take you a couple more weeks to complete is all. Also, set your schedule to workout and don't let anyone or anybody get in your way. Let friends and family know that this is your workout time and they don't get to mess with it. From your pic, it shows you have a little one, and that is the only one that should get in your way.

As for your comment on failure, if you miss a day, you pick up the next day where you left off. Failure will only happen if you allow it to. And if you are talking about failure within the workouts, don't expect to keep up with program if you are just starting Insanity without any previous exercise. Push yourself, but know your limits. If you need to do Month 2 a couple of times before you can go onto month 2, then do it. Just because the calendar says to move forward, use your own common sense as you know your body best.

Good Luck. Have Fun. Don't forget to Push Play everyday.
  • tonybalony01
    tonybalony01 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Can I just say "ditto" to what Katfish71 said?
    Don't worry about the failure. I'm sure by now you've seen that not even the people on the videos make it through an entire workout without stopping for a rest.
    You said you're pretty busy, so you'll have to schedule the time in and stick to it. You'll also have to make the effort to knock out some of that unhealthy stuff. You'll soon find that it really isn't that difficult. Start with the small stuff and work your way to the big stuff.
    The first time I did Insanity I felt the same way. "What if I don't do well? What if I can't make it?"
    Fortunately, I was doing it with some friends, and we had a scheduled time every day and a great built-in support system. We all encouraged each other and had fun - or at least as much fun as pushing yourself to the limit and ending up on the floor in a puddle of your own sweat can be - and we all made it through.
    Good luck and hope you get some great results.
  • Seachicken84
    Seachicken84 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Ditto all that has been said. Great advice guys. Also do yourself a favor and make sure you are each others biggest supporters. There will be days when one of you wants to slack just because you're tired or a number of other reasons. If you're scheduled to work out be accountability partners for each other. Have fun with it because you will feel like you can't do anymore sometimes. Those are the times to try one more. Do your best.

Oh and do not be shocked that your wife kicks your butt. It'll happen often that she will do more than you and visa versa. That's normal and worthy of an atta girl. Good luck to the both of you. Enjoy enjoy enjoy.
  • difazio42
    Options
    my husband and i do Insanity together and we egg each other on. We too are very busy so unless its the weekend or a day off we get up and do it before work, then you can have a nice refreshing shower, off to work and relax in the evening. I would say it will be harder if you haven't done any sport or exercise for a while but not undoable you just need to pace yourselves. We also go to gym twice a week to do a circuits / spin or attack class so we don't do insanity that day. The first couple of weeks can be hard on your body so don't hesitate to have a rest day if you need it or what we do sometimes is do the cardio recovery dvd instead. My husband lost 6llbs in the first 10 days!! Enjoy and keep digging deeper!!
  • jlhill7
    jlhill7 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I am starting it on Wednesday with my hubby. Good Luck 2 you
  • GrammyStacey3
    Options
    It is great to have a partner to be there to support you and do it too. My hubby and I are doing insanity, it's been 2 1/2 weeks now. At first it was rough and we were sore and seemed tired, but now we do it and have more energy and have been eating healthier. Believe me at first it was like wow I can't do this, but you just push yourself to do what ya can and keep going, it does get easier and you won't be sore any longer and you will want to do it. We haven't noticed a lot of pounds off yet, but like I said have more energy and feel better and also can tell by our clothes it is doing something. We have read from other posts that you shouldn't keep looking at the scale and get discouraged. Good luck to all of you on the insanity challenge!!
  • mlittleplume
    mlittleplume Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 51 and the advice that I received and that's truly helped is to take AS MANY BREAKS AS YOU NEED. Don't pause it, just let it play and then jump right back into it. You need good shoes, cross-trainers are great for the moves continually changing. Be prepared to have sore knees! Lol but it fades away over time. But DO workout when you're sore, DON'T TALK YOUR SELF OUT OF IT, TALK YOURSELF INTO IT! You'll feel great after your body is loose again at the end of the workout. Best of luck =)
  • JJordon
    JJordon Posts: 857 Member
    Options
    You too? Me and the wife are inside of week two.

Also, theres no pushing play on Sunday. That day... is a rest day. Or I just push pause.
  • kathrynwalton89
    Options
    I started Insanity today!!!! I am really excited, but slightly intimidated after my Fit Test....Any suggestions as I go into my first real workout tomorrow?
  • Shettles349
    Options
    My wife and I are finishing Insanity this week. We pack our lunch every night for the next day and get up at 4am to get the workouts done. We to live a busy life with 3 active kids, so getting it done in the morning works best for us. After you get past the first couple weeks, it'll just become routine. As soon as you start seeing results, you'll be hooked! We LOVE Insanity, and will start it again next Monday. Good luck!