Team Bob- week 6 challenge

Options

Replies

• 6mimi
    6mimi Posts: 1,439 Member
    Options
    Oh yea.. I did it! Oh yea.. I did it!:bigsmile: I did my 20,000 steps goal today. Woo hoo! I had a plan of go to the gym, walk the mall, and then a second gym workout.. but it didn't quite work out that way. I got to the gym in the morning but only stayed 35 minutes because I had to drive my daughter home to get ready for a date. I mall walked with my son and hubby, but then my husband had to rest because he wasn't feeling well. I didn't want to leave my son alone so I took him with me to the gym. We walked the indoor track and then played racquetball. The gym closed so we came home and walked another half mile before we froze. I was still short of steps so I walked my living room over and over again until I hit the 20,000 mark. What a day!
  • bokatok
    bokatok Posts: 230 Member
    Options

Arc trainers are an interesting machine. They are a little like the elliptical but the movement is different. It offers a good burn. Carrielynn62 got kettlebells for a birthday present. It came with a dvd. She absolutely loves it! Is there a gym in your area bokatok that you can try a arc machine to see how you like it?

We have a couple of gyms nearby but we are on a super tight budget so it just isn't in the cards right now. :-(
  • bokatok
    Options
    I am just getting back form a vacation...I was able to get several days of good walks in the warmer weather and since my return home...my hubby walked with me on Valentines Day and I had a great walk again today...I was thinking I needed to add a new workout as well...this challenge will get me to find one...I am logging in daily and since feeling better, my exercise has cranked up...
    thanks team Bob for the ongoing support!

That is awesome! Family support can really make the difference
  • bokatok
    Options
    Oh yea.. I did it! Oh yea.. I did it!:bigsmile: I did my 20,000 steps goal today. Woo hoo! I had a plan of go to the gym, walk the mall, and then a second gym workout.. but it didn't quite work out that way. I got to the gym in the morning but only stayed 35 minutes because I had to drive my daughter home to get ready for a date. I mall walked with my son and hubby, but then my husband had to rest because he wasn't feeling well. I didn't want to leave my son alone so I took him with me to the gym. We walked the indoor track and then played racquetball. The gym closed so we came home and walked another half mile before we froze. I was still short of steps so I walked my living room over and over again until I hit the 20,000 mark. What a day!

That is so flippen awesome. I am very very happy for you. 20k is a big one. It sounds like you had to really work for it today. I love that you finished up in your living room. LOL
  • trugift
    trugift Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    TEAM BOB- Look what I did......

I did it AGAIN! I can't believe it:noway:, I went to the gym and did some cardio- side note: I thought the eliptical was the devil:devil:
    BUT I was wrong:love:

Thurs 45 minutes: Sun 60 minutes:
    10 min treadmill .5 100 cal 17 treadmil 1.5 miles 264 cal
    10 min Eliptical .5 miles 100 cal 17 eliptical .85 mile 185 cal
    12 min Bike 1.5 75 cal I did some ab/leg workouts

I feel so good actuall I feel schocked. Shocked that I could actually do it and that I was able to push myself to go a little further. Id I feel great.:happy:
  • trugift
    trugift Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Wow, sorry that looks jumbled up- my bad LOL

I just looked at my sheet and my number was wrong for the treadmil today I only did .75 miles 150 cal Sorry about that..guess I was too excited.

Thanks
  • 6mimi
    Options

That is so flippen awesome. I am very very happy for you. 20k is a big one. It sounds like you had to really work for it today. I love that you finished up in your living room. LOL

I got the living room idea from you Bokatok! I came to far not to make it to the 20,000 steps!
  • 6mimi
    Options

I did it AGAIN! I can't believe it:noway:, I went to the gym and did some cardio- side note: I thought the eliptical was the devil:devil:

I feel so good actuall I feel schocked. Shocked that I could actually do it and that I was able to push myself to go a little further. Id I feel great.:happy:

Trugift.. that is wonderful!! You should be so proud of yourself!! I am so happy for you!:bigsmile:
  • 6mimi
    Options
    I had my new recipe for this week. It is from skinnytaste.com and it is the skinny overnight oats in a jar. Yum... It turned out great! Here is the recipe:

Skinny Overnight Oats in a Jar
    Skinnytaste.com
    Servings: 1 • Serving Size: 1 jar • Old Points: 5 pts • Points+: 6 pts
    Calories: 244.9 • Fat: 10.8 g • Carbs: 35.4 g • Fiber: 8.5 g • Protein: 6 g • Sugar: 12 g
    Sodium: 94.7 mg

Ingredients:
    1/4 cup quick oats
    1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk (or skim, soy)
    1/4 medium banana, sliced (freeze the rest for smoothies!)
    1/2 tbsp chia seeds
    1/2 cup blueberries
    4-5 drops NuNaturals liquid vanilla stevia (or your favorite sweetener)
    pinch cinnamon

optional toppings:

1 tbsp chopped pecans (or any nut)

Directions:

Place all the ingredient in a jar, shake, cover and refrigerate overnight. Add your favorite crunchy toppings such as nuts, granola, etc and enjoy the next day!:love:
  • 6mimi
    Options

Arc trainers are an interesting machine. They are a little like the elliptical but the movement is different. It offers a good burn. Carrielynn62 got kettlebells for a birthday present. It came with a dvd. She absolutely loves it! Is there a gym in your area bokatok that you can try a arc machine to see how you like it?

We have a couple of gyms nearby but we are on a super tight budget so it just isn't in the cards right now. :-(

Maybe if you talk to the gym they would give you a free or cheap day pass so you could at least try it.
  • 6mimi
    Options
    1038 was my calorie burned total from Saturday and Sunday. It was a mix of walking and elliptical trainer.
  • mazarith
    mazarith Posts: 107 Member
    Options

That is AWESOME!!! It's all the devil to me, but it is totally worth it!! You are doing great! It is the best motivator there is...getting out and doing it!
  • mazarith
    mazarith Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Small workout today, not even attempting to enter in the weekend challenge. This week...I am coming for you!!! Watch out fat, I am going to kick your A*S!!!!
  • jahenry17
    jahenry17 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    496- Sunday-Body Combat
    600- Saturday- Elliptcial
    172-Friday- Walk
  • 6mimi
    Options
    496- Sunday-Body Combat
    600- Saturday- Elliptcial
    172-Friday- Walk

You might have it this week!! I'll announce the winner tomorrow! :):flowerforyou:
  • 6mimi
    Options
    Small workout today, not even attempting to enter in the weekend challenge. This week...I am coming for you!!! Watch out fat, I am going to kick your A*S!!!!

:heart: your attitude!!
  • yspen42
    yspen42 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Calories Burned this past weekend

Saturday - 520
    Sunday - 662

Total 1182
  • carrielynn62
    carrielynn62 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I want to up date everyone that has been praying for my family[son-en-law,brother and now my someday nephew] My son en-law we were told that they expect him to have a full recovery, he will need to be in a rehab center for a while after he is released. We were told that only half of aneurysm patents make it to the hospital and only half on those make it at all. We feel sooooo blessed and we can see God at work all around us.
    My brother who had a stroke 5-days before this is in rehab and doing much better, he is walking with asstence and working real hard so he can get back on a tractor [ that will take a lot of time].
    My someday nephew [Aprils special someoneS
    scott] had surgery to repare his leg.
    They all have a long road ahead of them, but they are here and God has a plan and sees the whole pitcure . We are putting our trust in God and we are all resting in His promise and His love.
    Thank-you for all your prayers and I ask you all to continue to pray.

Your partner and friend Carrie
  • 6mimi
    Options
    Calories Burned this past weekend

Saturday - 520
    Sunday - 662

Total 1182

Great burn this weekend! :happy:
  • 6mimi
    Options
    I want to up date everyone that has been praying for my family[son-en-law,brother and now my someday nephew] My son en-law we were told that they expect him to have a full recovery, he will need to be in a rehab center for a while after he is released. We were told that only half of aneurysm patents make it to the hospital and only half on those make it at all. We feel sooooo blessed and we can see God at work all around us.
    My brother who had a stroke 5-days before this is in rehab and doing much better, he is walking with asstence and working real hard so he can get back on a tractor [ that will take a lot of time].
    My someday nephew [Aprils special someoneS
    scott] had surgery to repare his leg.
    They all have a long road ahead of them, but they are here and God has a plan and sees the whole pitcure . We are putting our trust in God and we are all resting in His promise and His love.
    Thank-you for all your prayers and I ask you all to continue to pray.

Your partner and friend Carrie

We will continue to pray Carrie! We all miss you!!