Emotional Eater? What do you do?

Options
Tcameron75
Tcameron75 Posts: 16 Member
I have always battled with my weight, but it seemed that the last coupld of years it has been the worst. After my mother passed and my 15 year relationship ended, the weight just seemed to have piled on. It was not until I looked at a picture of myself that I decided to make a change. I had to come to understand why I ate.

Whenever stress would hit food was my comfort. Pizza was my best friend. I still battle it to this day. What do you all do to overcome eating when your emotions push you to eat?

Replies

• PotScrubber
    PotScrubber Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I don't know if I have any successful tips. In the past I would just give in and indulge. I can say that I haven't had a whole lot of stress in the past month or two, some, but not enough to make me binge. My mind is in a really good spot right now and the more I look at my success the more it makes me want to keep pushing forward. I also have a few motivational things around the house that help keep my weight loss and health front and center.

That totally did not answer your question, lol. Sorry!:blushing:
  • Tcameron75
    Tcameron75 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    No it did. I spent today cleaning out the old and brought in the new. Sometimes mental clutter gets in our way and we need to let go of some stuff to move on and get healthy.

No stress leads to health.