So happy I did this!

Options
For the longest time I was stuck at 135lbs..I dropped to 131 during a brief Atkins diet but once I quit that it came back. I started Jillian mochaels body revolution and was determined to eat hardly anything and work my *kitten* off to get down. Needles to say in a month the scale never budged and I was grumpy and hungery all the time. I started eating at at %15 cut and in just one week I feel alot better and the scale read 133 this morning. I am trying to hit my macros and I drink a protien shake after each workout. Bottom line is I'm happy :)

Replies

• AnitraSoto
    AnitraSoto Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    Awesome news!!! Congrats on your great progress!
  • Gapwedge01
    Options
    That's great!
  • norcal_yogi
    norcal_yogi Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    yes that's great!
  • mgebersold
    mgebersold Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Awesome. I'm new to all this so hoping to get some progress
  • theredcliche
    theredcliche Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    i am so happy i did this, too. it seems that jillian michaels's body revolution makes a lot of people grouchy, haha. I did the program and LOVED it but she recommends a 1200 calorie nutrition plan for 90 DAYS. Let me tell you, I WAS MISERABLE. I did it for one month, then bumped up to 1500. Now, almost 10 months later, I'm eating 1950 on non-workout days and 2150 on lifting days and guess what? I HAVEN'T GAINED ANY FAT!!!! I do weigh 2 lbs more but my stomach feels less flabby and I am stronger. I am TOTALLY a believer in eating more to weigh less. also, it's WONDERFUL to eat and not feel guilty about feeding your body when you are hungry!
  • angelina2585
    angelina2585 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Congrats! It's great to see folk having success and posting about it.
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    Congrats.

To the 2 comments that mention JM says 1200 for some period of time - could she be expecting the folks following the workout to not really be pushing themselves that hard perhaps?

Just seems wild that 1200 safety level is for sedentary even, not with exercise. Even P90X and Insanity are more realistic with their calorie recommendations.