Squatz!!

Options

Replies

• taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Whats your PR?

I hit 405x1 ATG yesterday. I probably could have squeezed out another rep.

Same

Edit:
    No wonder I have the same PR same the OP... I am the OP

meatheadz are SOOOO dumb! :wink:
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    395 last I tried, but that was a couple of months back. Since I started training deads so much, my *kitten* and hips always feel exhausted by the time I get around to squats. I may cut back my deadlifting a little in the near future and see if I can hit another squat PR, but may is definitely the operative word there.
  • lacurandera1
    lacurandera1 Posts: 8,083 Member
    Options
    155 working. Really haven't tried for a PR. Maybe someday when I'm feeling frisky.
  • littlebigsteve
    littlebigsteve Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    535x2 last month - been slacking a bit since then, but I've spent the last week hitting everything hard and heavy again (did 405x3 with a 2 second pause on Friday), so I'll retry sometime before the end of the month.

awesome work man
    im working on 6 again..i use to be able to hit 585box but my squat got left behind a bit..anyhow mine is in the low fives atm ill know for sure in a week and ill post a number from open air(edit: raw as in no wraps no belt ...) dont know what i could get with belt and knees wraped and im not worried about it atm
  • KiltFuPanda
    KiltFuPanda Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    535x2 last month - been slacking a bit since then, but I've spent the last week hitting everything hard and heavy again (did 405x3 with a 2 second pause on Friday), so I'll retry sometime before the end of the month.

awesome work man
    im working on 6 again..i use to be able to hit 585box but my squat got left behind a bit..anyhow mine is in the low fives atm ill know for sure in a week and ill post a number from open air(edit: raw as in no wraps no belt ...) dont know what i could get with belt and knees wraped and im not worried about it atm

Hit 550 nice and clean last week - it's 8 weeks until the highland games season, so I gotta get a move on!
  • Nataliaho
    Nataliaho Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    215lb pre-pregs.... gonna take a while to get it back...
  • littlebigsteve
    Options
    Will you be coming up to the Ligonier(PA) games or is that too far for you ,its an invite only but its a great games
  • KiltFuPanda
    KiltFuPanda Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    Will you be coming up to the Ligonier(PA) games or is that too far for you ,its an invite only but its a great games

Outside my travel circle. My first this year will be Columbia, SC.
  • littlebigsteve
    Options
    no big deal man i feel ya, i have only competed in NY OH WV PA so far hoping my circle will grow soon
  • Danny_Boy13
    Danny_Boy13 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Options
    I have never maxed but lately I work out with 5x5 @ 315, so 350 maybe?
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    100 :bigsmile: pick on me all you want, Im aiming in the right direction and just started :P

make that 125 :bigsmile:
  • taso42
    Options
    100 :bigsmile: pick on me all you want, Im aiming in the right direction and just started :P

make that 125 :bigsmile:

ROCK! :drinker:
  • taso42
    Options

pretty hilarious. but this being MFP, you know many will read this and miss the sarcasm.
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options

That is fantastic. LoL. I think my favorite part is "Squats require you to place a loaded barbell on top of your spine! It’s practically in direct contact with the vertebra. This is just stupid. It would be different if there were some kind of muscle group there, maybe trapezoidal in shape, that could form a cushion between the bar and your delicate spinal structure but since that hasn’t yet been discovered this statement is 100% accurate."

Trollolololol.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options

That is fantastic. LoL. I think my favorite part is "Squats require you to place a loaded barbell on top of your spine! It’s practically in direct contact with the vertebra. This is just stupid. It would be different if there were some kind of muscle group there, maybe trapezoidal in shape, that could form a cushion between the bar and your delicate spinal structure but since that hasn’t yet been discovered this statement is 100% accurate."

Trollolololol.

yeah the trapezoidal part made me lose it.
  • JNick77
    JNick77 Posts: 3,783 Member
    Options
    I've been having tightness and pain in my hip flexors, so today was the first day in a couple weeks that I actually squatted. I only got 315 for 3 reps. I considered a 4th but I must've broke a blood vessel in my nose on my second set because I was dripping blood like crazy when I went down for rep 3. LOL. It was kind of funny.
  • littlebigsteve
    Options

pretty hilarious. but this being MFP, you know many will read this and miss the sarcasm.
    I honestly feared that when I posted this
  • littlebigsteve
    Options
    I've been having tightness and pain in my hip flexors, so today was the first day in a couple weeks that I actually squatted. I only got 315 for 3 reps. I considered a 4th but I must've broke a blood vessel in my nose on my second set because I was dripping blood like crazy when I went down for rep 3. LOL. It was kind of funny.
    you ever try doing pin squats starting from you bottom position for doubles you get two reps up and one down this saves my hips on occasion when I feel they need an extra week