How do you keep from getting discouraged?

Options
Timberlies
Timberlies Posts: 28 Member
The new year started off well, I lost 6lb in January. But then my life got a little crazy and full of company and celebrations so in the last 2 wks, I gained 4lbs back :(. I know it's just a hiccup and if I get back into my routine, I'll continue to lose. But little set backs are so depressing and it kills my energy and motivation. I assume this is a common problem and wonder how everyone else deals with it. Any tips or tricks you use to help reset negative thinking and remotivate?

Replies

• LemonsAndCoffee
    LemonsAndCoffee Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Hey there! This is my second "round" with MFP - last year I lost 25lbs really quick and then after it slowed down, I lost my motivation, got discouraged, and quit. This year I have come into it with a totally new mindset. I am going to have setbacks and days that I eat everything in sight but that's okay because this is a lifestyle change. It's not something I am going to be doing for a year and then go back to my old eating habits. This weekend I didn't do so great with my eating but I know that it's going to happen SOMETIMES and as long as it's not ALL or even MOST of the time, the weight loss will continue. I am back on track today. :smile:
  • c2jeske
    c2jeske Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Hey there! This is my second "round" with MFP - last year I lost 25lbs really quick and then after it slowed down, I lost my motivation, got discouraged, and quit. This year I have come into it with a totally new mindset. I am going to have setbacks and days that I eat everything in sight but that's okay because this is a lifestyle change. It's not something I am going to be doing for a year and then go back to my old eating habits. This weekend I didn't do so great with my eating but I know that it's going to happen SOMETIMES and as long as it's not ALL or even MOST of the time, the weight loss will continue. I am back on track today. :smile:

I completely agree. This is my second round, as well. My first time around I lost twenty pounds and then thought I could do it on my own. That is not the case. I now know I need the support. I too had a bad week with valentine's day and disney on ice, but I am aware of it. I am not in denile. I know what I need to do and plan on getting back on track.
  • Timberlies
    Timberlies Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Thank for the input. I feel a bit better today and know if I made changes in January, then I can get back on track. Thanks!