When do I Start a work out routine?

Options
I have started MF - TSFL for over a month now and lost around 21 Pounds. I havent worked out or excersiced much but i am going for regular lunch walks for half hr everyday in the office. I observed that my weight is hitting a plateau since i just lost 2 pounds for almost a week and half. Should i Start working out now? I mean hitting a gym ? if so for how long and what should i do?

Replies

• kaitie23
    kaitie23 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    You can start working out 3-4 weeks once you are on plan. The workout can be no longer than 45 minutes. A plateau is when you don't lose any weight for 2 or more weeks. Two pounds is still a loss.

Everyone has different feelings about working out. I have not worked out at all since being on plan and I have lost 40 pounds. Some experience a slower loss when working out or even a gain due to muscle. You just have to try it out and see what happens. Try exercising for a week and see what it does to your weight.
  • Artemis_Acorn
    Artemis_Acorn Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I have started MF - TSFL for over a month now and lost around 21 Pounds. I havent worked out or excersiced much but i am going for regular lunch walks for half hr everyday in the office. I observed that my weight is hitting a plateau since i just lost 2 pounds for almost a week and half. Should i Start working out now? I mean hitting a gym ? if so for how long and what should i do?

Congratulations on your 21 pound loss. You're doing well! For comparison, I've been on the program for 5 weeks, and I'm down 15 pounds - not as good as you, but I'm happy and pleased with steady progress toward my goal. I too have been walking about a half an hour most days, and have just recently begun incrementally adding time and speed to my goals to keep my calorie deficit constant as the weight comes off. I personally don't have a lot of time or, frankly, the inclination to hit the gym, but do have a treadmill, DVDs, some weights and when the weather's nice, a great neighborhood route that is exactly 5K that I can walk/run.

Do you have a personal health coach? I think if I were going to start doing gym workouts, I would be discussing it at length with my health coach to get pointers on how to integrate the workouts into the plan for optimal results.
  • trinics_416
    trinics_416 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Thank you!

I have a personal Health Coach who is my uncle (he lost around 80 lbs) and he recommended that i do not workout yet, since teh body might go into starvation mode due to burning of calories and less intake. But I will experiment with a little cardio this week and see the scale change.

Thank you for the advice!
  • tgibbons1935
    tgibbons1935 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I have been on Medifast since August 2012 and have lost 25 pounds but 30 inches. I have been kind of stuck and have not been losing much weight but I am still losing inches so that is okay with me. I work out 4 times a week and do 40 minutes on the elliptical machine but not at a heavy pace but enough to keep me in a fat burning zone. Good luck to you and feel free to add me if you would like.