Up for a challenge?

Options
j4nash
j4nash Posts: 1,719 Member
Why do women put these types of statements on their dating profiles? I mean, isn't dating supposed to be easy?

Replies

• Moe4572
    Moe4572 Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    Seems kind of silly...who would respond to someone that readily admits they are "challenging", but maybe the girl who wrote it thinks it is "cute"?
  • SherryR1971
    SherryR1971 Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    I don't know, not something I would put on mine!
  • cheerforsteelers
    cheerforsteelers Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    Maybe some women think it will give men the idea that she is multi-layered intellectually or what have you. Just a guess though I have never used that in a dating profile.
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options
    Next them... to me that screams games and people need not to treat dating like a game fun yes games no
  • nhsoprano
    Options
    I don't understand that reasoning at all. Maybe they think it's the online version of "hard to get"?
  • veggiehottie
    veggiehottie Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    You emailed her, right? ;)
  • j4nash
    j4nash Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    lol, no. i'm not up for a challenge. people like that are single for a reason.
  • fullofwhimsy
    Options
    Perhaps she is just trying to come across as flirty and inspire a little element of chase and desire in the "alpha male" she is looking for?

Not my style exactly...but it could interest some.
  • kimad
    kimad Posts: 3,010 Member
    Options
    Men always say they like a challenge LOL!!!

EDIT: but I wouldn't put that as mine, so I agree. I like to have witty ones....
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    Men always say they like a challenge LOL!!!

Yes, I think this is a good answer!! Men like a challenge (or so they say?)........so there you have it lol
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,064 Member
    Options
    People that say that usually know they're trouble!
  • jesusHchris
    jesusHchris Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    I avoid all profiles that used negative imagery to get their point across. For example, focusing on deal-breakers as opposed to deal-makers, or talking about how they run into nothing but "boys" and are looking for a "man". I don't think this one is overtly negative, but it is starting to go that direction and I think I feel where you're coming from on the attitude this portrays.

You could always just message them and let them know they're not fooling anyone about a "challenge" in those cheap hooker shoes.
  • kerrymh
    kerrymh Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    I don't think I've ever put that in my profile other than kind of discribing that I'd like a man who is active and would challenge and encourage me to try new things and keep up with him physically...
    But as for personality wise..nope I want dating to be easy, simple...someone who we make each other laugh, on a similar wave length ect.
  • Begood03
    Begood03 Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    Yes men like a challenge. But we don't want to have to have an enigma decoder to understand the messages women are sending out.

For the young ones, do a search on "Enigma decoder", and you will understand.
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options
    It's the type of guy they want to attract. It works on some people, doesn't work on others. All part of finding the person who is compatible with you. *shrug* I definitely prefer more low hey and straight forward but these types go for each other and not me, so eh.
  • flimflamfloz
    flimflamfloz Posts: 1,980 Member
    Options
    Who wants to be challenged to "stay" or "be" with someone before they even know them?
    Why would I even care about her... I don't know her.
    Sure, maybe she is ridiculously good looking in what case I will pretend I'm interested in her "challenges" so that I can get in her pants.

Everyone likes a challenge when it's worth it... That doesn't mean they go running after these "intellectually challenged" women (here is my "PC immunity" card).
  • RunIntheMud
    RunIntheMud Posts: 2,645 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't ever, but think it's code for "crazy". :)

On that note, why do so many guys say they want a "partner in crime"? The first time I saw it, I just let it roll. But, I see it so many profiles.
  • Roadie2000
    Roadie2000 Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    It's the same reason every single one of them claim to be "down to earth" or they "love to laugh." They think that's what guys want to hear and they have nothing else interesting to say. I also have a theory that people who feel they need to say things like this are probably lying. Down to earth people don't need to go around telling people how down to earth they are, just like non-serial killers don't really need to tell everyone that they're not a serial killer, it's just assumed.

People looking for a partner in crime are probably just looking for another person to have sex with for a change. Either that or they actually do need help robbing a jewelry store.
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options

On that note, why do so many guys say they want a "partner in crime"? The first time I saw it, I just let it roll. But, I see it so many profiles.

To me partner in crime isn't near as annoying as ready for a challange....... Girls who proclaim themselves as a challange usually aren't.... Partner in crime is cute lol but that may just be my mischevious side :devil:
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options

To me partner in crime isn't near as annoying as ready for a challange....... Girls who proclaim themselves as a challange usually aren't....

This! It also goes along with "I need a man that can handle me." Usually the girls are looking for a father figure.