new topics

Options
Hi Ladies! Lets get this group going- how about some new topics. I see that the group has kind of stalled out and us over 50's have a lot to say!

My favorite thing in my diet right now is Celestial Seasonings Herb Tea- I make a big jug in the morning with no sweetener or 1 tbs. of Honey and drink if hot or cold. Great taste with 0 or minimal calories. Also no caffeine for my nerves. Lots of flavors and fairly low cost. I use 3 bags for a 1/2 gallon jug and let it steep for at least 20 minutes.

Whats your favorite low cal food???????

Replies

• nebslp
    nebslp Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    Microwave popcorn is quick, easy, yummy, and you can eats lots of it for around 100 calories. It fills me up, too.
  • pondmermaid
    pondmermaid Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    nice one- popcorn is great when you are starving but don't want to add a bunch of calories! Also great for a salty, savory craving
  • lisabinco
    lisabinco Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    Grapes -- red or green. I don't worry about low-calorie so much as nutritional quality, so I like something like grapes for a quick, sweet snack. Then there are oranges; a big navel orange can really satisfy. My biggest favorite is grapefruit, though. It really hits the spot. (Popcorn is just too much sodium for me, although I love it, and it just isn't the same without any salt on it, so I have cut that back quite a bit.)
    My all-time favorite tea is Good Earth, the spicy original no caffeine version. Great taste!
  • pondmermaid
    pondmermaid Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    thanks, Lisa- great suggestions! Will rediscover grapefruit- was looking at a huge Pomelo the other day and wondering what that would taste like!
  • mjegg
    mjegg Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Right now, I love those little Cutie Clementine oranges. Refreshing, easy to peel and eat, at about 35 calories each.