Woah.....month two!!

Options
2»

Replies

• rezn8
    rezn8 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    My favorite month. Max Plyo beats anything else for a workout. Gotta love it.
  • MarcoFerreiraFit
    Options
    I'm on day 3 of Month two and it's definitely a killer. I was doing fine with month one and towards the end I was pretty much keeping up with the people in the video but once I did that first day of Max Interval Circuit it really broke me to the point where I was only able to do the warmup of the following day's workout due to extreme soreness and muscle failure and ended up needing to take a day's rest before re-attempting it. I lost 15lbs and about 2 belt notches on month #1 by the way. 10 lbs to go!.
  • Seachicken84
    Seachicken84 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Monumental day for me. Joined myfitnesspal, joined this fine group and started day 1 of month 2. I feel like I did day 1 month 1 lol. I am like most posts I have read. Have lost inches but little weight. 3 lbs total loss through month one. It is refreshing to know the majority of results comes in month 2. Gigantic wheeeeew. I have been modifying due to a bad back as I have gone through the various workouts. Instead of jumping I do squats, and basically have turned my insanity into a fairly low impact workout. It hurts like hell to jump (more like land) so I limit that as much as possible. Month two sounds like it will behell. A hell I am looking forward to in a twisted sort of way lol. I look forward to sharing my experiences with you and learning from your experiences as I go.
  • rezn8
    rezn8 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Nice job so far. Max Plyo is my favorite Insanity workout. After I got through a couple times I started counting total pushups. You will be shock what you accomplish in a 55 minute workout. Keep up the hard work. You won't be sorry.
  • ja9smakinachange
    ja9smakinachange Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Super discouraged, started month 2 yesterday and loved max interval circuit. Today was max plyo and I just watched it, didn't even do 10%.

Hoping it's just a bad day, not a sign it's too hard.
  • EBFNP
    EBFNP Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Month 2 is def a killer. I am doing a P90x/Insanity hybrid, but when I was doing the regular 60 days it was the worst ...lol. I was sore all the time.The results def come more in month 2. I think I lost approximately 2-3 lbs in month 1. Its very hard to measure because of the water weight gain you will experience makes it difficult to get an accurate read. However, you will start to look more lean and defined in month 2. Push through..I still get killed doing the workouts even though i have completed Insanity, Asylum 1 and 2, and the Insanity/Asylum hybrid. Max interval is my favorite. Max plyo is cool, but I hate all the pushups. Good luck everyone!
  • ja9smakinachange
    ja9smakinachange Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Whoa! I feel awesome, attempt 2 at max plyo and while I needed to modify some of the moves I DID IT! Can't wait to be able to crank out ALL those pushups!
  • Katfish71
    Options
    Be careful with all the push-ups especially if shoulder problems run in the family. I had to start reducing my push-up load because of unhealthy pain in my shoulder, but simply did some one my knees to modify. My favorite for month 2 is pure cardio. I love that one the most. I love that feeling at the end of not wanting to do anything more and looked forward to the next day. Shaun T is a beast in Insanity.

Keep working hard at it and just do what you can do and each time you will do more. If you are doing it with friends, it will make it much harder to not do the workouts as everyone keeps each other in check and someone will push "play". (At least that is how it works with my workout buddies.)

Have Fun!
  • bee_elle
    bee_elle Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Starting month 2 tomorrow .. Intimidated because I have no idea how to eat right, just trying to keep around 1900 calories and 40% protein/40% carbs/20% fat. I haven't been able to make the lifestyle change to cooking so unable to follow the nutrition guide really as I'm in this alone. I find ways to do lots of veggies & mixed berries at home then grilled chicken anywhere I eat with side salads.

I'm 5'11" and have lost about 10lbs in month 1 with this ... as long as my knee holds up (LCL feels tweaked a bit) I will absolutely be finishing month 2.

Good luck! I'm in Week 2 of Month 2...ouch. But, what do you mean you have no idea how to eat right?
  • kimmels5
    Options
    I do the max interval plyo workout today after work. I made the mistake of watching it first so I know it's going to be a killer! The workout yesterday left me in a pile of sweat, so I know this one is going to be bad! Oh, it hurts so good!! :happy:
  • Callalili
    Callalili Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I started month 2 this week. Today was Max Plyo and a couple times, I was like, "you want me to do what?". Feel great now that it's done though.
  • mhenkel0506
    Options
    My husband and I completed D1M2 yesterday also, and I think someone else here used the same term I did for it: Murder! We were both totally exhausted after that workout, but we're both looking forward to seeing all those results we keep hearing about. I so badly needed this post today - thanks all!!
  • betstone17
    Options
    Super discouraged, started month 2 yesterday and loved max interval circuit. Today was max plyo and I just watched it, didn't even do 10%.

Hoping it's just a bad day, not a sign it's too hard.

There were a few times I was more watching than participating, too!
  • Seachicken84
    Seachicken84 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    You get stronger and faster and have more energy the more times you do each workout. I about died on max plyo the first time. But now am down to the last 9 days. I actually love max plyo now. Sort of like breaking a bronco. I own it now. And so will you as long as you do your honest best each time you all will own Insanity.
  • carolvbuenoss
    Options
    I did my 1st exercise of month 2 and I really loved this! :)