My first marathon

Options
vtate75
vtate75 Posts: 221 Member
I did my first marathon on Saturday. I have to say that it was MUCH harder than I thought it could be. I had trained a lot, but it was SO HARD! At about mile 22 I thought, "well, this is it. I'll never do an Ironman." I have my first half ironman in May, and until that moment I thought I would one day work towards Ironman, but the marathon was SO HARD that I am not sure. BUT...that being said...two days out...I want to do another marathon next Fall and I still think I'll try to do Ironman.......one day. At this point though...I want to "galloway" the run if I ever do Ironman. :)

Replies

• TriClaudia
    TriClaudia Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! That's just awesome! Get that 26.2 bumper sticker. Get several and put them on the car, the door to your classroom, anywhere. Do your students know what a bada** their teacher is? What about your fellow teachers? Seriously though . . . enjoy the accomplishment!
  • Drudoo
    Drudoo Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!

My first marathon came at the end of my Ironman. I wanted to go in blind. Hahaha! I think that is the only way I will do them. After being on the bike for 5-6 hours, you start to look forward to the run, even if it is a marathon.
  • redheaded_dem
    redheaded_dem Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    That is AWESOME!!! You should be very proud!!
  • pollard775
    pollard775 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! Don't give up on "The Dream"! :happy:
  • scott091501
    scott091501 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!!!

Congratulations!

My first marathon came at the end of my Ironman. I wanted to go in blind. Hahaha! I think that is the only way I will do them. After being on the bike for 5-6 hours, you start to look forward to the run, even if it is a marathon.

Sweet. Needed to see this.
  • penelepurr
    penelepurr Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!!!

Congratulations!

Sweet. Needed to see this.

Wow!! Kudos to you! I have Boston coming up, my first marathon also :D I feel like I will end up signing up for the USMC marathon in the fall and keep with 2-3 per year or so, enough to get me to the Ironman :)