Hungry ALLLLLLLLL the time

Options
Amandajp79
Amandajp79 Posts: 165 Member
Ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I am Hungry ALLLL the time. I have been eating really well. LOTS of fiber. LOTS of protein. etc etc. It doesn't matter what I eat I just want MORE. I am 22 1/2 weeks. Still going through the 'growth spurt'??? Anyone else going through this??? Im up 10lbs all together so its not too bad. Making good choices and eating my calories PLUS 300 calories a day, just can not satisfy my hunger, which is really annoying :sad:

Replies

• lk27
    lk27 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Yep! I'm hungry ALL the time! My husband and my boss both joke with me that all I do is eat. I try to make it all healthy foods though, fruits and veggies for snacks. I eat something small every 45 minutes to 1 hour. If you look at my diary it's all snacks. At least the snacks arent chips and cookies (all the time!). I think the important thing is to eat healthy nutritious foods not junk. I'm 20 1/2 weeks and up 16 lb. I'm really trying to maintain that for the next couple of weeks. I've added in some light cardio and weights to try to keep the gain down but still be able to eat whenever I'm hungry.
  • kellykneppergrundy
    kellykneppergrundy Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I feel you, I am 19 weeks tomorrow and have gone from being fine to being ravenous. I don't understand how I can eat so many calories and not be full. I know this is when my appetitie kicked in last time and I started gaining big time (probably had something to do with the snickers for breakfast, lunch, and dinner). I don't know what I'd do without my excercise calories to eat everyday! Even eating oatmeal for breakfast and upping protein doesn't seem to have helped. I know I don't need more food, but I sure do want it!
  • prplrose33
    prplrose33 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I feel the same way lately. No matter what I seem to eat or how much I eat I still feel hungry. I've gained more than I wanted for this pregnancy, but I refuse to starve myself or give up chocolate. :) I just try to make better choices.
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    Wait until the end of the third trimester when you get to experience being ravenously hungry and overstuffed at the same time because there is no longer any room for your stomach! What I can say is that making sure I have extra healthy fats in my diet does seem to help with the hunger.
  • Rosered3333
    Rosered3333 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Wait until the end of the third trimester when you get to experience being ravenously hungry and overstuffed at the same time because there is no longer any room for your stomach! What I can say is that making sure I have extra healthy fats in my diet does seem to help with the hunger.

This is why I've been sleepin on the couch for the past few nights. I get so hungry but I can't fit too much in my stomach so I end up just being unable to breathe and horribly uncomfortable.

Almost there though; 37 weeks this week!
  • RBXChas
    RBXChas Posts: 2,708 Member
    Options
    I think for some reason around 20-30 weeks the baby grows insanely quickly, and we tend to eat a lot as a result. If you look at the thread where someone was asking about when your gains happen, it seemed like if they weren't a steady gain, a lot of gains took place during the second trimester. I, personally, have gained faster during this period than any other (I'm 26w), even faster than the Thanksgiving/Christmas period!

But yes, I have some days when I'm starving and can't eat enough, and other days I'm fine.