Soft Serve

Options
irisia99
irisia99 Posts: 58 Member
I like the flavor of the soft serve but never make it because it's a pain. Are there alternative ways to prepare the soft serve, like use it as a shake?

Replies

• kaitie23
    kaitie23 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I just mix water into it until I get the consistancy I like. I normally eat it like a pudding consistancy.
  • Artemis_Acorn
    Artemis_Acorn Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I like the flavor of the soft serve but never make it because it's a pain. Are there alternative ways to prepare the soft serve, like use it as a shake?

I agree - it is a pain! I've been toying with the idea of experimenting with it (waiting for the weather to warm up a bit though) - but I think this weekend I will try a few ideas that I've been kicking around. If they work, I'll post them!
  • kimmy6779
    kimmy6779 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    i hear that you can mix the peanut butter soft serve with a few tbsp of water and make it into peanut butter... i havent tried this yet... but i did order some pb soft serve so i will be trying it soon!
  • marjolycookie
    marjolycookie Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Yea! I make the peanut butter soft serve into a shake. It's fine to prepare just like the other shakes with 8oz of water but I usually mix some fake milk in to make it creamier.
  • Artemis_Acorn
    Options
    I just mixed the peanut butter soft serve with the dutch chocolate shake and made 2 meals out of it. It was really good - thicker than the regular shake.
  • tobeftmom
    Options
    I love making the soft serve into a shake. It's creamier and thick. I just add 8oz of water and 8oz of ice.
  • PippaJo_
    PippaJo_ Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I just made the mango soft serve into 'cookies' using the recipe at http://www.sandyskitchenadventures.com/2011/09/soft-serve-cookies.html

They were surprisingly not bad. They turn out more like thin slices of cake. And warm-n-chewy sounded much better tonight than cold-n-sloppy. :-)

I think I'll spray the pan next time though - they stuck a bit.
  • Artemis_Acorn
    Options
    I just made a shake with the Chocolate Mint soft-serve. I used about double the ice, and added half a cup of unsweetened Almond Milk in place of the water. Added a Tablespoon of Torani Sugar-Free Peppermint syrup and it came out the consistency of a fast-food chocolate shake. Thinner than the soft-serve, but thicker than the regular MF shakes. It really felt decadent. I'll be making that again for sure!