Starting Dukan Tomorrow!!

Options
I'm new to this group and very excited! I read the Dukan Diet book about a year ago but never really did it. It's time now! I'm very excited about the added support that MFP provides.
If anyone wants to "friend" me that'd be great...
And also if anyone wants to let me know their success stories that'd be great!
=)

Replies

• blondepsychobrat
    blondepsychobrat Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I started Dukan last year in June, after having tried gazillions of diets and none working. I was very surprised that with basically no exercise, eating more calories thatn usual, I lost weight so easily. By September I had lost about 7 kg. Since it was holidays, birthdays etc. I cheated for about a month with fats only but did not gain any weight back. It just stopped. Then, in October I started the New Rules of Lifting for Women exercise program, coupled with Dukan. I lost a lot of body fat that way, and body recomposition started changing. I rebooted Dukan in January, but have not lost weight until now and ahve reached the dreaded plateau. A trainer friend told me that my fiber intake is far too low, that since I am no longer overweight as I was before I need to reintroduce fiber. So, although I ahve not reached my target goal I am basically doing the Consolidation phase, with the carb days on days that I work out. I think Dukan is great for initial weight loss, especially if you have a lot of body fat, but once you drop the weight you may have to recalculate the diet. I do like the 1 day pure protein idea though for the rest of your life. :-)
  • pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    I am on my second year of following the dukan diet -- the cruise phase is the easiest diet I have ever followed. I lost 46 pounds in2012 pn the dukan plan. I still stick pretty close to the cruise or consolidation plan as i have to eat out quite a bit for work.

I did and continue to log my food so i can watch my calories and maciros. Maintenance/ stabilization is just a lot easier that way.
  • vickiwo55
    Options
    Thanks guys for taking the time to respond! Your stories are sooo motivating!! =)