Geek pet names?

Options
13»

Replies

• CollegiateGrief
    CollegiateGrief Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    my dog is named Sophie (after Sophie Hatter in Howl's Moving Castle).

I love that book so much! The movie is pretty good too.

I love both the book and the movie, but I cannot pretend that they are in any way related. Two totally different stories, just with characters having the same names.

It's Miyazaki's way. He gets inspiration from something and they start out fairly similar but he usually takes it in his own direction. I adore them both and appreciate them as being different works of creativity.

I adore Howl's green slime fit in both versions.
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options
    my dog is named Sophie (after Sophie Hatter in Howl's Moving Castle).

I love that book so much! The movie is pretty good too.

I love both the book and the movie, but I cannot pretend that they are in any way related. Two totally different stories, just with characters having the same names.

It's Miyazaki's way. He gets inspiration from something and they start out fairly similar but he usually takes it in his own direction. I adore them both and appreciate them as being different works of creativity.

I adore Howl's green slime fit in both versions.

Hahahaha Yessss! "My face! MY BEAUTIFUL FACE!!"
  • SavvyCake
    SavvyCake Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    When I saw this thread at first I thought it mean pet names as in like, sweetheart nicknames. I was going to say my ex used to call me Yeta after a character in the Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess. But I'm not a pet. My pet's names aren't anything particularly geeky: a cat named Clambster (as invented by my niece, a combo of Clam, Lamb, and Lobster) and a cat named Friend (because he's Clam's friend, and it just stuck).
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options
    one that's semi-nerdy is my cat named Java, when she got fat and pregnant we called her Java the hut. She nearly doubled in size!
  • Christabelle79
    Christabelle79 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    We just adopted a new kitty. Her name is Peeves. (She's my pet peeves!!! I crack myself up)
  • mrincredible93
    Options
    I had a Russian Blue cat I got in 1990 that I named Riker. He was with me until 2009.
  • Nerdinista
    Nerdinista Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Siberian Husky puppy Named Koga Stark, Koga from the wolf demon on Inuyasha, Stark also from Tony/Ned/James. Pics on my profile. (I can't be buggered with photobucket) :laugh:
  • ahviendha
    ahviendha Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    pooch named ozzie from chrono trigger
  • lachesissss
    lachesissss Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Not geeky per se - but I do have a beta fish named Sid Fishous. He's pretty BA.
  • CollegiateGrief
    CollegiateGrief Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Not geeky per se - but I do have a beta fish named Sid Fishous. He's pretty BA.

That is awesome!
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    IMG_0276.jpg

This is RADAR ..... the name's not geeky, but I wanted to show her off ...... since a kitten, she's only had 1 eye ...... but that doesn't stop her from terrorizing the household :heart:
  • Dawmer299
    Options
    When my wife and i bought our house, she wanted a cat so I ended up bringing home not 1 but 2 - 7 week old kittens. She named one George just because she liked the name and always wanted a George. I instantly named the other one Lucas... just because. LOL!
  • rowanwood
    rowanwood Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    I have dogs named Arwen (from LOTR) and Tessa (Highlander TV show), Cats Willow (Buffy) and Loghain (Dragon Age:Origins) (and three others with less geeky names) and fish Mr. Grey (from Stephen King's Dreamcatcher) and Rory Gilmore (also from Dragon Age)

I should probably have a disclaimer that I have too many pets.
  • Arthemise1
    Arthemise1 Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Our cats are Anubis and Hathor, from Stargate. Our dog is Saxon, from Hot Fuzz.
  • MadDogManor
    MadDogManor Posts: 1,447 Member
    Options
    One dog named Buckbeak Witherwing, nickname Beaky and a canary named Pippen
  • DeathIsMyGift
    DeathIsMyGift Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    My orange tabbies are Gir and Captain Malcolm Reynolds.
  • basicjim
    basicjim Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    My daughter got two goldfish last night. She named them Sherlock and Dr. Watson. She put a sign up on the tank that said "221-B Baker St"

Some days your proud to be Dad!!