Welcome to all the new peeps!

Options

Replies

• Philllbis
    Philllbis Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the invite!!! I use this site and my Pinterest "Weight Loss Motivation" board currently. I am not a runner, but do have a desire to become one. I downloaded the C25K app on my phone....hoping to start using it soon. If anyone has any helpful suggestion to get me started, I'm all ears!!!

just follow the program, repeat any days or even weeks if necessary.... and above all, go SLOW - it's not a race.. you're working on being able to run a long time, not run fast (that will come later)

Emphasis on the fast part! You can injure yourself trying to run too fast. I think that's how I strained my hip or groin!
  • rjneeley
    rjneeley Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the Invite!! Anyone else in Columbus, IN?

Hi, I'm from Columbus! Nice to see neighbors here!
  • fitgirlcookie
    fitgirlcookie Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the invite. It's really nice to finally have a place with more local people! I am so thankful I was invited to this group. Good luck to all. I look forward to reading the amazing stories everyone has to share!
  • sstrubbe73
    Options
    Thanks for the invite!!! Good to find local peeps using this site!!
  • TaraHolloway_
    TaraHolloway_ Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the invite to this group! Always looking for more support!!
  • AndreaBrumfield815
    Options
    Thank you for the invite:) Looking forward to getting around the site!!
  • lindzann88
    lindzann88 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the invite! I'm in the Edinburgh area, sucks that there isn't a large gym to go to around here. :(
  • Shari_A_Turpen
    Options
    Thanks for inviting me. I'm looking forward to being part of the group. I'm in Greenwood.
  • Shari_A_Turpen
    Options

Grew up in Columbus, but I live in Greenwood now.
  • goldfish2b
    Options
    Thanks for the invite. Mom of two preschoolers, living near downtown Indianapolis. I am an avid runner and love running the greenway trails around the city.
  • Coolhand1969
    Coolhand1969 Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the invite. Mom of two preschoolers, living near downtown Indianapolis. I am an avid runner and love running the greenway trails around the city.

Great to have you in the group! Considering that you like running and you are downtown, you might check out the "Back on my feet" pinned thread... The program mentioned in it would be rewarding for someone that was close by to one of the places that they run out of...
  • misty11406
    Options
    Thanks for the add I am new to mfp and am glad to see that there are people in Indy doing this as well.
  • Splash46123
    Options
    Thanks for the invite! Glad to be here. Fell off the wagon a bit the last few months, but looking forward to jumping back on board! :smile:
  • hellokristen
    hellokristen Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hi, thanks for the invite. I started my weight loss goal at 262lbs. I found mfp halfway into it and it helps so, so much! I was down to 175ish, but broke both of my feet a few months ago. I was in casts all Christmas, so as you can imagine I back slid some. Back up to 184. I literally just went back to the gym this week (la fitness in fishers). It's slow going, but I am to get back in it.

I am excited about this group! I think it's going to help keep me motivated!
  • jfrog123
    jfrog123 Posts: 432 Member
    Options

Hi there! I am new to the group. I grew up in Columbus, but now I live in Edinburgh. I do work in Columbus. I work for a diesel engine manufacturer that is one of the largest employers in southern Indiana and has its headquarters in Columbus. Gee, can you guess the name of the company?? Lol.
  • rjneeley
    rjneeley Posts: 59 Member
    Options

Hi there! I am new to the group. I grew up in Columbus, but now I live in Edinburgh. I do work in Columbus. I work for a diesel engine manufacturer that is one of the largest employers in southern Indiana and has its headquarters in Columbus. Gee, can you guess the name of the company?? Lol.

I think I can guess! My husband works there too :) Welcome to the group!
  • jlbeals
    jlbeals Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Checking in from Muncie, Indiana! Thank you for the invite. :)
  • windchime3
    windchime3 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the invite....appreciate it and look forward to learning from all of you.
  • jenellis77
    jenellis77 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the invite! I am doing the Shamrock Run on 3/16 with my husband. I'm not much of a runner, but working on it. Love doing the run/walks and will be signing up for Race for the Cure on 4/20 and probably a few more this year.

We did Wine at the Line at Mallow Run Winery this past October. Had a great time and will look forward to that one again!
  • Coolhand1969
    Coolhand1969 Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the invite! I am doing the Shamrock Run on 3/16 with my husband. I'm not much of a runner, but working on it. Love doing the run/walks and will be signing up for Race for the Cure on 4/20 and probably a few more this year.

We did Wine at the Line at Mallow Run Winery this past October. Had a great time and will look forward to that one again!

I'm assuming that's the downtown Indy Shamrock run?
    My wife (kathyazach on here) and I did Wine at the Line last year - 5k. We're definitely going to do it again this year, except I plan on doing the 5 mile run... I was pretty upset by all the walkers at the front of the line at the 5k. I couldn't get to a decent pace for about a mile into it, and they kept yelling at us for passing into the left lane of the road - so I shouldn't have that problem with the 5 mile race... other than that I had an awesome time there :)