7th Week; Find and Push!

Options
Good morning group members of Lucky 2013.

I'm filling in for Marla while she is away in Florida (lucky lady), but it does sound like she is doing very well and keeping on track while she is away (what an inspiring women).

Did anyone find it shocking that last week we hit our half way point? I sure did and it helped to motivate me even more and put things in perspective.

We are in the downhill portion of our challenge; however, this is the time to push even harder and concur those taunting weaknesses that hold us back, let it be a little or a lot!

What positive changes have you noticed over the seven weeks so far, or just recently?

What changes would you like to make and goals would you like to accomplish over the next couple days and weeks?

The time that we are ready to give up, is the time that we need to push harder!

This is the time to FIND the things that are holding us back and PUSH through them to succeed!

Have a wonderful week, we are all doing well!

Jess

"In order to attain the impossible, one must attempt the absurd." --Miguel de Cerbvantes

Replies

• JessicaLynnDouglas
    JessicaLynnDouglas Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone!

The half way point definitely shocked me, even though I knew it was week six...odd!

My taunting weakness is my food control and consumption. I just have to say NO! I have also found a new inspiration to help me even more.

My goal to work on with each day and weeks as it goes, is to improved my mind set; regarding my overall health and Celiac Disease.

I am doing well with my exercise routine, only continue to do so!

A positive change for me is that I have developed a more positive mind set. Most recently I have felt the new strength in my body, which is stabilizing my body (muscles around my knees and hips).

My goal this week is to just say NO to all the gluten food (100%) and once I have consumed my calories for the day, I'm DONE!

Of course I want the scale to go down!

I have found my weaknesses and I am currently pushing through them!
  • calamity71
    calamity71 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Time flies when you are having fun Jess! We have 6 more weeks. My weight is coming off slowly. I won't lie, i would like to see that scale more a little more quickly; however I am pleased with my progress. I am down another pound this week. It was a rocky week. By Tuesday my scale showed a 2 pound GAIN! I do weigh myself daily...I held that gain until the end of the week when I went back down those two pounds. This morning...That one extra pound is gone. So maybe it was water weight.

The great thing was Tuesday I bought new pants....expecting to buy a size 12.....I bought a size 10. They were super tight, and I wore them yesterday and they were comfortable. My new pic is in those jeans. (yay). I am definitely seeing progress.

Yesterday we rode an extra two miles on our bikes (12 miles). I will keep pushing myself. I find that creates success. Last summer we got up to 15 miles, this year I hope to do 25 miles.

The San Francisco Bay to Breakers is coming up. 1 Year ago it came up and my girlfriend called me up and said Hey, Tammy you want to walk the SF B2B with us? I said NO flippen way. I am out of shape, I just walked 3 miles with my husband on flat land and think I will die! (literally she called when we were just finishing up our walk). Which was totally flat. the B2B has some hills. She said come on, we walk every Sunday and build up to it. I said I would think about it. I went home and signed up on line, there was no turning back. I paid the fee to do it, bought new walking shoes and every day started walking a mile. On Sundays it was 4 miles with the group of girls, on a walk that included hills. The walk progressively got more challenging. I was bound and determine to do this, so I would walk, hike and exercise with my husband in addition to the Sunday walk. I started walking daily at my break and lunch. In May I walked the 7 miles at the B2B, with NO PROBLEM. Today....I am 40 pounds lighter and getting ready to start these Sunday walks....This year, I am looking forward to it, not dreading it and thinking it as a necessary torcher! Oh yeah....and I have completed the C25K and could actally jog 3 miles. so I think the walk will be a breeze.

Ok....well this week, I will once again shoot for 300 minutes of exercise a week. (I hit it, but don't always show that much in MFP, because I put less time in the diary because I think it over estimates some things). I am shooting for 30 minutes a day 5 days of aerobic work out. (so in other words....the 30 minutes I get between breaks at work count as part of my 300 total minutes, but I find I need to work harder to see the weight loss). so it is a bit of balance. Moving at work, to offset my sedentary job, and then 30 minutes after work to really create some weight loss.

My goal is to have balanced meals this week and not go over my daily calorie target.

I hope everyone has a great week. :)
  • JessicaLynnDouglas
    Options
    Tammy,

I have learned that progress is progress and it will show over time with dedication, fast at times and slow at others, but it all adds up in the end.

Your new picture and jeans look NICE! :-) Wonderful and pleasant surprise to get a smaller size than expected!!

Cycling is such a nice exercise, great to enjoy with the family. Walking is an exercise that everyone can fit in if they try, all bits add up. You sure have your routine down pat and worked out what really works for you to see progress...awesome! Your SF B2B walk and progress is such a challenge and accomplishment, thanks for sharing!

Your goals for this week sound reasonable and right on track :-)

Have a nice week!
  • MarlaStuck
    MarlaStuck Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Tammy,

I have learned that progress is progress and it will show over time with dedication, fast at times and slow at others, but it all adds up in the end.

Your new picture and jeans look NICE! :-) Wonderful and pleasant surprise to get a smaller size than expected!!

Cycling is such a nice exercise, great to enjoy with the family. Walking is an exercise that everyone can fit in if they try, all bits add up. You sure have your routine down pat and worked out what really works for you to see progress...awesome! Your SF B2B walk and progress is such a challenge and accomplishment, thanks for sharing!

Your goals for this week sound reasonable and right on track :-)

Have a nice week!
    Jess,
    Thank you soooo much for taking the lead. I am really enjoying being in the warm Florida sunshine. My dogs aren't able to keep up with me is that funny or what? Seriously my little girl 7 months just stands there like go away I dont want to go for another walk. I even found a dog park and she stands by me while the boys play ball. I may end up carrying her tomorrow. She is pooped, well the boys are too. I haven't made my step goal yet....I need to get ahead of Shayana, but so far no luck. I would have to double my steps. Tomorrow is another day... :O
    Have a great week everyone...

Remember....without taking a risk you can not grow.... I learned this in graduate school and it has made everything make sense ever since.

I am going to remove these last couple of pounds and feel fit, fit, fit. I will start to work on these abs and make them what I want too.

Again Thanks Jess! :smile:
  • JessicaLynnDouglas
    Options
    You're welcome Marla, happy to help. Nice to hear that you are enjoying your vacation!
  • JessicaLynnDouglas
    Options
    How about everyone else, how are things going?
  • laura920
    Options
    Hi everyone,

The past 10 days were really bad for me, I just didn't want to challenge myself.

If it weren't for this group, I would have checked out completely!

There is a bright side for me, I did not gain!

I signed up for my first 5k last week so that is a great goal for me to work on. Going to start C25k program.

I am still struggling with my self sabotage and my fear of success, this is my mental challenge that I need to PUSH through.

Hope everyone has a good rest of their week!

Laura
  • Tammi140
    Tammi140 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    This past week has been terrible for me as well :-(

It started 12 days ago when my fitbit stopped working. I felt lost without it, and didn't take the little walks and jaunts that would help me get my steps in everyday.

Then, I got sooo tired of tracking everything, so I decided to go without. Well, that didn't work quite as expected. Actually, it went exactly as expected (bad), because I thought I had more control than I actually did.

Now, today I weighed in (havent weighed in two weeks) and gained 5 pounds. Ugh! I just cant get it right.

So, my goals are the same as day 1.

Tracking - I opened up my food log for viewing, so all of you PLEASE take a look at it every now and then, and don't be afraid to really give me a whole bunch of **** if I quit tracking!

Exercise - I got my new fitbit today and am planning on hitting at least the 70K steps and 10 stairs EVERY day! I have NO excuses for not getting these in. I have a treadmill and a staircase at home, so I NEED to stay up late or get up early to get these two goals accomplished!

Eating Clean - This is becoming more and more important with all the terrible ingredients being added to processed food, and how crappy they make you feel. I heard a good rule of thumb here is 80/20. A goal of 80% clean foods (again, PLEASE check my food log to help keep my accountable).

So, I am sorry to be a downer today, but I know it takes ALOT of work to get healthy and stay that way. There will be bumps along the way (like the past couple weeks) but, that does not mean I can give up on myself and my health. I like the saying used this week "Push through it". Because that is exactly what I need to do to. It is not going to be fun or exciting, but it IS neccessary if I ever want to be healthy. Damn I love the jean styles now days, and I REALLY want to look and feel sexy in them!

I have Pat and Marla as my Fitbit friends. Anyone else out there that I can add to my friend list? This has been a very helpful tool! my email address is tbuckwheat2012@gmail.com if you would like to friend me :-)

Thanks everyone for listening! We can do this!
  • colliegirl50
    Options
    This past week has been terrible for me as well :-(

It started 12 days ago when my fitbit stopped working. I felt lost without it, and didn't take the little walks and jaunts that would help me get my steps in everyday.

Then, I got sooo tired of tracking everything, so I decided to go without. Well, that didn't work quite as expected. Actually, it went exactly as expected (bad), because I thought I had more control than I actually did.

Now, today I weighed in (havent weighed in two weeks) and gained 5 pounds. Ugh! I just cant get it right.

So, my goals are the same as day 1.

Tracking - I opened up my food log for viewing, so all of you PLEASE take a look at it every now and then, and don't be afraid to really give me a whole bunch of **** if I quit tracking!

Exercise - I got my new fitbit today and am planning on hitting at least the 70K steps and 10 stairs EVERY day! I have NO excuses for not getting these in. I have a treadmill and a staircase at home, so I NEED to stay up late or get up early to get these two goals accomplished!

Eating Clean - This is becoming more and more important with all the terrible ingredients being added to processed food, and how crappy they make you feel. I heard a good rule of thumb here is 80/20. A goal of 80% clean foods (again, PLEASE check my food log to help keep my accountable).

So, I am sorry to be a downer today, but I know it takes ALOT of work to get healthy and stay that way. There will be bumps along the way (like the past couple weeks) but, that does not mean I can give up on myself and my health. I like the saying used this week "Push through it". Because that is exactly what I need to do to. It is not going to be fun or exciting, but it IS neccessary if I ever want to be healthy. Damn I love the jean styles now days, and I REALLY want to look and feel sexy in them!

I have Pat and Marla as my Fitbit friends. Anyone else out there that I can add to my friend list? This has been a very helpful tool! my email address is tbuckwheat2012@gmail.com if you would like to friend me :-)

Thanks everyone for listening! We can do this!

I'm also looking to add more FitBit pals. This tiny device is such a great motivator to MOVE it!! :smile:
  • Buglindsey1979
    Buglindsey1979 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    After Marla raved about the fitbit, I got one too! It has been helpful to keep me motivated and show calories burned. i just have to be careful not to eat all those calories. I would love to have some more friends out there. My email is bug_4@hotmail.com.

Lindsey
  • colliegirl50
    Options
    After Marla raved about the fitbit, I got one too! It has been helpful to keep me motivated and show calories burned. i just have to be careful not to eat all those calories. I would love to have some more friends out there. My email is bug_4@hotmail.com.

Lindsey

I :heart: my FitBit! If I did it correctly, I think I just sent you an invite, Lindsey. If it didn't go through for some reason, my email is healthyme140@yahoo.com
  • JessicaLynnDouglas
    Options
    Love the support and connections on here!