Favorite Green smoothie recipes?

Options
honeyscone
honeyscone Posts: 11 Member
I have been drinking a version of Kim Snyder's Glowing Green Smoothie for breakfast and love it! Does anyone else have any good green smoothie recommendations?

Here's the recipe for the one I know: http://www.fitsugar.com/Kimberly-Snyders-Green-Smoothie-Recipe-Weight-Loss-18356998

Replies

• LivingByDay
    LivingByDay Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    My aunt owns a juice and smoothie bar in Pittsburgh and my favorite is the Incredible Hulk smoothie. It has organic pineapple purée (8oz), half a banana, a scoop of whey protein, a big handful of spinach (you can also replace with kale or do half/half), and a handful of ice (12 oz). It's absolutely delicious! She has regulars who come in and get it every day! I think you might be able to get pineapple purée at a coop or health food store or online. I'm not sure which brand she uses.
  • DrAnxietea
    DrAnxietea Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I usually make my own green smoothie using about a fistful of kale, a banana, about a half cup of frozen fruit (I use the tropical mix from Costco), a cup of Silk Light Original flavored soy milk, and about a tablespoon of ground flax seed. It doesn't even need a sweetener, but if you have a sweet tooth, some honey or agave can be added. It is so good, and it makes me really full. You can substitute any of the items... I find that baby spinach is softer so the smoothie is a little smoother. I also find that without a banana, the taste is not as sweet, and the texture is too thin and crunchy.