Insanity Day 122 advice needed

Options
Hi Beachbody Group
I need advice. I completed the first 60 days of insanity and felt amazing, so I adapted a mix of month 1 and month 2 for my own workout of month 3 and 4. Now that I've completed those I feel so tired all the time. In other words I can't seem to make my body get up to workout and feel demotivated. What I need advice on is should I take a break or just work my way through it?

For the past 4 months I have woken up at around 5 or 6 in the morning to workout on an empty stomach. If I take a break I feel guilty but I am just so tired! Any advice or words of wisdom is greatly appreciated.

Replies

• jnh17
    jnh17 Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    It's time to do something else. I finished my second round of Insanity and now am on my 2nd "bonus" week of Month 2 (so basically I'm doing 2 extra weeks of month 2). At this point, I'm over it. I'm so tired of Insanity. I'm ready to get back into the gym. I did NROL4W before doing Insanity and I'm planning on starting it after an off week next week. I'll still work in 2 Insanity workouts a week (that's the plan anyways) because I love the calorie burn I get in the short amount of time.
  • lang111
    lang111 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I agree with Jnh17 I've done insanity a couple of times then asylum. Then I've also created my own hybrid workout with Insanity, Asylum and p90x. Sometimes you need to get some old fashion gym time in mixed with a couple of your favorite program workouts.
  • munty76
    munty76 Posts: 47
    Options
    First of all well done on kicking *kitten* for 4months solid!! thats real dedication!

Hey, I felt the same towards the end of my first round of insanity. I felt demotivated, tired and fed up. I started wokring out in June with just some elliptical machine work outs then fasting, then insanity. So by the end of it i was done!

I took a few weeks off and switched to doing a few workouts form another program but not every day and did the odd insanity one as well. about 3 weeks later i was ready to start again so on December 23rd i started insanity round 2.

Today is day 41 of round two and i know by the end of this im going to be done with insanity and need to move on, but also like Jnh17 i love the burn you get after 60mins or so of working out so will see how i feel about either doing some kind of hybrid.

Mixing it up is the key. We all get bored of doing the same thing over and over again so its the same for working out in my opinion.
  • mag2906
    mag2906 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    If I had to wake at 6am to work out, I would kill myself after a week.

Joking aside: did you take any days off during that 4 months? Maybe I did not read very carefully but I got the feeling that you work out every day? If so then being tired is a signal from your body to slow down a little. You need some time off to recover from all that hard work.
  • lstok873
    lstok873 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I finished day 63 (my firsr round) two weeks ago & like you, was super motivated not to stop, so I did some different Insanity & nonInsanity workouts everyday since. On Monday, I totally just hit a wall... I was doing Core Cardio & Balance & my body (I haven't been sore since month one) started screaming at me to stop. Pushed pause, and just couldn't get back to it. I have taken the last two days off completely and plan to take today off as well. I had such great results with my first round that I totally intend on a second round & planned originally to start Friday, but I just am unsure if that is even a good idea. My plan may be one more week, maybe ease back into it with some nonInsanity workouts. Hope you feel better & more motivated soon! Maybe eat well and take a few days off. I haven't gained back anything (infact, lost half a pound). I could use some more Insanity repeat friends, if you want to add me! A few of my Insanity friends didn't make it through the first round or switched to different programs.
  • tkillion810
    tkillion810 Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    I have not completed Insanity yet, I'm only on day 3, but I'm a marathon runner. Training for a marathon can be very grueling on your body as well. I always take a few weeks off in between training cycles to let me body recover. Listen to your body, give it a little rest. Then maybe look at changing your routine up with something different for a while. Great job on getting through Insanity!!