Insanity & Knees!!

Options
Hello everyone, I've had knees problems for weeks. But it's getting worse. This morning, when I got up, I felt really bad, they really hurt and I can't pick anything from the floor!. Is it normal with working out? What should I do to release this pain? & of course I had to stop insanity that I'm not able to do most of the movements :(

Replies

• Callalili
    Callalili Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I would say it's not normal and maybe you should see a doctor. I have had knee problems from trying to run years ago and p90x and Insanity have seemed to help them. I have had no knee pain. Check you form too.
  • dalehall64
    dalehall64 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I had knee issues with month 2 Plyo. I could do most everything in Month 1, but Max Plyo wrecked me. After taking time off to heal, I tried to modify and even that wasn't helping. I finally took that one routine off the schedule and modified others and made it through.. Knee issues might be common early on, but if the pain is as bad as you say, I ouwld definitely get looked at by a Doc.. If you keep trying to use them and there is an issue, you could do some serious damage that would make you have to take a lot time off.. Better safe than sorry,
  • Ghadah88
    Options
    I would say it's not normal and maybe you should see a doctor. I have had knee problems from trying to run years ago and p90x and Insanity have seemed to help them. I have had no knee pain. Check you form too.
    Thank you, I'll try to see a doctor.
  • Ghadah88
    Options
    I had knee issues with month 2 Plyo. I could do most everything in Month 1, but Max Plyo wrecked me. After taking time off to heal, I tried to modify and even that wasn't helping. I finally took that one routine off the schedule and modified others and made it through.. Knee issues might be common early on, but if the pain is as bad as you say, I ouwld definitely get looked at by a Doc.. If you keep trying to use them and there is an issue, you could do some serious damage that would make you have to take a lot time off.. Better safe than sorry,

I'd say my knees weren't perfect but they weren't bad too. I didn't have any problem in the first month and I loved it. It's just in the second month. I need to take few days off to heal. BUT!! Does it mean I'll just do one workout in few days then I take a break to heal!! They're much better today but they still hurt
  • trumpkat80
    trumpkat80 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I'd suggest an Insanity/ P90X hyrbrid, that way ur knees will have "rest days" Also, make sure to drink chocolate milk or a recovery drink to repair micro tears.
  • Ghadah88
    Options
    I'd suggest an Insanity/ P90X hyrbrid, that way ur knees will have "rest days" Also, make sure to drink chocolate milk or a recovery drink to repair micro tears.

good thank
  • RotterdamNL
    RotterdamNL Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    I used to do other exercises if my knees would hurt but now im done with insanity period, i hate it :P i got other programs that are way more fun and also intensive like, Tapout XT, Les Mills Combat, P90X and there are probably more
  • raggyanndoll
    Options
    Insanity is notorious for being hard on the knees. And I can attest to that as I had to take 2 weeks off due to a knee injury. I am in week 2 again and I am very careful about my knees. I don't modify any moves but I take it really slow and pay very close attention to form on moves like ski downs.
  • Ghadah88
    Options
    I used to do other exercises if my knees would hurt but now im done with insanity period, i hate it :P i got other programs that are way more fun and also intensive like, Tapout XT, Les Mills Combat, P90X and there are probably more

I'm done with insanity too!!! Thank you
  • Ghadah88
    Options
    Insanity is notorious for being hard on the knees. And I can attest to that as I had to take 2 weeks off due to a knee injury. I am in week 2 again and I am very careful about my knees. I don't modify any moves but I take it really slow and pay very close attention to form on moves like ski downs.

Oh! 2 weeks! I have no intention to do that program again or complete it. But thank you
  • heyitsadam
    heyitsadam Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I am currently 1 month removed from a pretty bad knee sprain where I wasn't working out at all. Today is Day 3 of INSANITY for me (my third time through).

What I am doing is focusing COMPLETELY ON FORM for the first month. My Power Squats are SLOW and deliberate. My suicides are LONG (i use the whole room so I'm not bending over, over and over and over again). The basketball shots I barely come off the ground and bend at the knee SLOWLY.

I'm going to do that for the first month to make sure my left knee doesn't Flamingo on me.