Starting EM2WL - again and need support!

Options
I am starting this all over again. I tried it last Spring/Summer and wasn't really seeing any results. Got frustrated/panicked and went back to a lower calorie diet in the middle of fall 2012. By low I mean around netting 1400. Some days I was good at it and some days not.

Hadn't weighed myself for at least 3 months during this time. When I weighed myself the day before Thanksgiving, I noticed I had only gained 5 pounds! But have been trying to get the weight to drop and it hasn't. I don't really weigh myself too much anymore - go by how my clothes fit.

I know that this is a long process and that I need to be patient :smile:

That being said, I am looking for "real" support. Not someone who is a friend collector! You can read more about me on my profile! I am a little scared to do this again.

I do have some great MFP friends already but would like more who are doing the EM2WL! When I did this the 1st time around I had a few ladies who "friended" me but one in particular never gave me any support back. So that could be part of the reason I quit - felt alone in this journey.

Not sure if I should not be at a cut right now and just eat maintenance for a couple of weeks and then start. I know I probably should, but once again, am scared to do that!

My BMR is 1400, 15% cut is 1844 and TDEE is 2169

Replies

• beansNboo
    beansNboo Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hi Jolie! I'm also currently working through EM2LW and taking it sloooow to increase my calories without having too much of a shock. I have been able to successfully raise from 1300 to about 1600-1700 a day reliably with a little loss this week (but I haven't been weight training recently so I think this may be a combination of bloat decreases/ muscle loss). I'm going to stick it out and slowly raise my calories until I hit my 1900 TDEE, then once stabilized, I'll start a cut. I will also be incorporating weight training as I do.

I'm not super active on MFP in terms of comments or posts, but I do log in regularly (over one year now). Feel free to add me if you'd like some support in this process - I may be quiet support, but support nonetheless :smile:
  • ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Hey there lady, I didn't send a friend request because I have over 700 and I don't comment on everyone's...I started this group and people friend me understanding that time doesn't allow me to comment all the time BUT I did the next best thing and that was put out a request on my newsfeed on your behalf:

Hi there, I just read a thread of an EM2WLer that is in DIRE need of supportive EM2WL friends so I am asking you to please friend her and let her know that I sent you because she put out a request on the EM2WL boards. She needs some peeps that will give her feedback and keep her motivated to give this a 2nd go round. Her name is Jolie1971 Thanks in advance!!!

So I hope you get some great EM2WL friends because we do need to support each other through this process!
  • heidi555
    heidi555 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    HI I'll happily add you as a friend :)
  • coopersmom2006
    Options
    Feel free to add me as well! I'm at the maintaining/building muscle phase now. Some days I'm a ray of sunshine, others I'm a big ball of WTH? We can go through the process together if you'd like. :)
  • mgebersold
    mgebersold Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hey girl! I'm new to all of this but like you low calorie...1300...hasn't worked for me so I figured why not. I jumped straight into a 15 % cut value and am about a week or so in. Definitely haven't gained so that is great! I would love for you to friend me.
  • natesangel
    natesangel Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    hey there! i'm still new and learning the ropes but have up'ed to the point where it's starting to come off! took months to get here so no shortcuts! if you want to send a FR mention EM2WL and i'll be there!!! i don't pull punches, if i see something 'off' i'll mention it but never try to be mean about (more like 'hey cals are a little low today, still holding for a late night snack?")
    good luck and welcome back!!

ditto to you all! just add message!
  • elleryjones
    elleryjones Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as well. I'm just beginning this process and am technically a noob, but have many years experience gaining and losing weight. ;)