Sauerkraut

Options
MissXFit13
MissXFit13 Posts: 217 Member
I would like to start making my own sauerkraut, and I have the recipe from Practical Paleo, but I was wondering if anyone else has any recipes that they like to use when making their own?

Thanks!

Replies

• Desmonema
    Desmonema Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Oh, I'd be interested in that as well!!!
  • spirit80
    spirit80 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Interested in how it comes out also!
  • justaspoonfulofsugar
    Options
    I just made my own 3 days ago but looking at 28 days before I can see the end results.
    I did a recipe with cabbage,carrots,onions,dried oregano,chilli flakes,sea salt.I bashed with a wooden pounder(not sure the real name) and then placed them in sterilised bottles with a layer of olive oil at the top.
    I found a great site that helps with fermentation issues
    http://www.foodrenegade.com/3-biggest-fermenting-mistakes-youre-already-making/
    Good luck!
  • VeronicaanddMatt0605
    Options
    I have been making sauerkraut I basically follow the practical paleo recipe but I make half and I font use the jalapeno or garlic just salt cabbage carrots and then I add in caraway seeds I leave it uncovered in a glass jar in my pantry covered with a paper bag to keep it dark in two weeks it is delicious I would just keep checking on it because you need th
    e liquid to cover the cabbage and if it doesn't you'll need to add water it's delicious good luck
  • ajourney2beme
    ajourney2beme Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    oh yum! I make my own kimchi, saurkraut sounds yummy to make too!
  • justaspoonfulofsugar
    Options
    oh yum! I make my own kimchi, saurkraut sounds yummy to make too!
    recipe for kimchi would be appreciated!