which week did they notice???

Options
kymkan
kymkan Posts: 444 Member
At which week did people start noticing (without knowing you were trying) the differences in your body??

I've lost 14 lbs and not ONE person has said ANYTHING! I work with about 150 men and 3 women and not ONE person has said anything. Although, I'm 5'10", so it takes longer to notice on me I guess.

Replies

• erinkelly77
    Options
    I am also 5'10" - have only lost 6 pounds - but 2 female coworkers asked me if I was losing weight. One - I have recently convinced to do JMBR with me - knew I was doing it.

I think it was about 3 weeks in - and only when I took my blazer off when I was hot - and let my arms show. They definitely are getting more defined and I have lost some inches (I guess...) in my waist and bust. Of course - NOT in my hips or my lower belly/lower back. Those will always be my problem areas.
  • kymkan
    Options
    I am also 5'10" - have only lost 6 pounds - but 2 female coworkers asked me if I was losing weight. One - I have recently convinced to do JMBR with me - knew I was doing it.

I think it was about 3 weeks in - and only when I took my blazer off when I was hot - and let my arms show. They definitely are getting more defined and I have lost some inches (I guess...) in my waist and bust. Of course - NOT in my hips or my lower belly/lower back. Those will always be my problem areas.

They are mine too and I cannot BELIEVE how defined my arms are already (only 3 1/2 weeks in). I'm just shocked at that! I was in really great shape about 12 years ago and apparently the muscles are still there - they were just covered - haha
  • Paris8009
    Options
    Although not much weight loss (I've only really noticed less bloat on myself), my husband has noticed my stomach looks flatter. Again, probably the bloat haha. He comments on my change in confidence too though.

We moved over Christmas away from my family and friends. I'll see them again at Easter, so I'm hoping to have made good enough progress by then to get some compliments :)
  • kymkan
    Options
    Although not much weight loss (I've only really noticed less bloat on myself), my husband has noticed my stomach looks flatter. Again, probably the bloat haha. He comments on my change in confidence too though.

We moved over Christmas away from my family and friends. I'll see them again at Easter, so I'm hoping to have made good enough progress by then to get some compliments :)

that would be awesome!
  • erinkelly77
    Options
    I am going on a cruise in April with some friends I haven't seen in a while (and I don't expect to see them before hand). I am hoping SOMEONE notices!
  • Catalpa62
    Catalpa62 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    People at work didn't notice (or at least didn't say anything...) until I had lost 30lbs! And I'm 5'2", so those extra thirty were pretty obvious. The changes have been a little more subtle since starting JMBR, and it's winter here, so I'm wearing my old, enormouse sweaters, but a friend who knows I'm doing it says that my legs look leaner. And my boyfriend says my butt's gotten much tighter. Yay!! :D

Personally, I'm seeing the biggest difference in my hips, arms, and shoulders. I'm starting to get definition, and it's awesome!
  • jrecmcallister
    Options
    My aunt told me that my face looked thinner and I have noticed a difference in my arm tone and in my love handles. My problem area is thighs, hips and butt and it is always the last place I lose. So I won't be going down any sizes until I start to notice changes there.