JM Cables

Options
mz_asher
mz_asher Posts: 87 Member
Didnt get the cables that came with JM but wanted to know what you all thought of it? debating if I should get it or a generic type of cables. Thanks.

Replies

• a_new_dawn
    a_new_dawn Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I don't have the original BR cable either. I bought the one i use off eBay for about £5 and it does the job although it feels a little too tight on a few of the moves.. Eg cable chest presses are HARD, and i can only get full range of motion in tricep extenstions when i only stand on it with 1 foot rather than 2, and even then its still very challenging. I'm not sure if generic ones come in different resistances?

ps I'm not sure if its called tricep extensions - the move I'm talking about is when your arms are up, biceps by the ears, and you lift up and down behind your head)
  • crunchybubblez
    crunchybubblez Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    I picked one up from target for $10.
  • cristino1985
    cristino1985 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I like the jillian michaels band because the handles rotate so no friction on your poor palms, the rest of my body is enough pain so this is a small mercy
  • Roboartist
    Options
    I didn't get the JM cables either, I bought a cable at my gym that I never go to lol. They had a great sale and the one I bought my trainer recommended along with an accessory to use ins doorway so I could pack it when I travel.
  • Angiesolomon
    Angiesolomon Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I found the cable it came with quite loose and ineffective. I bought a new tighter one.
  • MeltyChay
    Options
    My cables keep slipping too so I bought a couple of wire rope loop clamp things from homebase and popped them on it and works fine now...I think its just because its a bit new and the bungee wouldn't settle into the grippy slot for it
  • harlychic
    Options
    The small cable broke...Im now using the larger set which seems like too much and puts alot of pressure on my elbows so I which out and use dumbbells. You can use dumbbells instead of the cables for any move that Ive came across so far. Im starting WO 7 for the first time today so 1/2 way through.