Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Hello Out There!!!!

Kamalalue
Kamalalue Posts: 87 Member
Hello!

How is everyone doing? Any recent struggles or successes? What are your upcoming goals?

I am personally struggling to keep going to the gym - because the scale is not reflecting the effort that I am putting in. (On the flip side, I can see visual changes that the exercise is having on my body.) : )

I hope everyone is well and can't wait to hear your updates!

Kamalalue :flowerforyou:

Replies

• Pandorian
    Pandorian Posts: 2,055 MFP Moderator
    I've really stepped up the activity level lately, and have been organizing the house. It's made a huge difference in motivation to keep going. No time for the gym but between body-weight exercises and walking the dog I don't feel I need much more, swimming would be nice to pick up again but I have to find time to squeeze it in.
    Scale has been hovering around the same 5lbs for 3 and a half months now, got maintenance down pat, too bad I'm trying to LOSE still. With the step up of activity and allowing some treats back in I'm hoping to see the same progress I had when I first started MFP.
  • Kamalalue
    Kamalalue Posts: 87 Member
    Hi Pandorian!

Boy I can relate... I have kicked up the exercise the last couple of weeks. I have been going to the gym four times a week and doing both cardio and weight training. Even with the increase in movement and watching my calories - I have been hovering in the same range of pounds! It is really frustrating! I am hoping to see a shift on the scale soon - I am betting I am more stubborn than it is!

I just made plans to go swimming tomorrow instead of going to the gym...yeah! Where do you normally go to swim?

I hope all is well with you otherwise. : )

Katie :flowerforyou:
  • Pandorian
    Pandorian Posts: 2,055 MFP Moderator
    We have access to a pool via my gf's workplace. Sometimes it can be crowded sometimes you have the place to yourself. If I didn't have that access I wouldn't be likely to go most places that offer a pool are $10 per drop in which I just... don't like.
    Seeing the consistent numbers gets annoying but I'm sure glad that it's not spiraling upwards!

I really don't get swimming as often as I should.