First topic I guess

Options
Hi, I was just looking around for groups to join and then I found this one.

I'm a 22 year old female just looking to get rid of my buddha belly for summer. I'm doing C25K and 30 day shred simultaneously and I do Jillian's body revolution cardio 1 dvd before every shred session. I cannot wait to lose all the weight. What are you guys up to?

Replies

• Heather4nne
    Heather4nne Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! Thanks for joining =)

I'm 22 and also trying to trim down my belly. So far, I've been doing 5k three times per week, plus walking about 8k per day, and am using MFP to cut down on snacking. Just with that, I'm down 5lbs so far ^^

It's impressive that you're doing so much! Is this your first time with a weight loss routine? Back in junior high and high school, I tried, but was terrible for it. I've also tried jogging, but it never really "worked out" (ha!). Being able to see calories in with calories out has been fab and made all the difference for me. What keeps you going?
  • Cuddles2523
    Cuddles2523 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Hey guys! I'm in! Atleast for the next 3 months when I'm still in my 20-somethings! hehe. I joined myfitnesspal like a year ago and it really works! I used that and did the 30 day shred, and couch to 5k, and other misc exercise routines and lost just under 50 pounds before my wedding in June! It was exciting stuff! I've gained back almost 15 pounds ugh! I'm back and ready to get back into shape for summer...maybe even better than I left off!
  • Heather4nne
    Options
    That's awesome! Psht, what's 15 lbs; you'll get there in no time =) I've been running 5k three times per week and cutting out all my snacking. I eat when I'm bored, procrastinating, stressed, hungry, sleepy, happy, full... I just love food. What's your plan for getting in shape this time around?
  • Cuddles2523
    Options
    I know what you mean! Food is my biggest hurdle.. I love it all! And with all the stress going on with me I haven't been making good choices. My plan is to really make sure I log all my foods (even if im not making a good choice) so I can see my totals at the end of the day and see what hold myself accountable. I like to do different exercise routines. I was doing a routine from bodybuilding.com and I've started the "butt bible" which sounds so funny but I really do love it haha so I go between the two and even though I'm not doing couch25k I still like to run, it makes me feel better! So I think I have a plan lol.

How is the running working out for you?
  • Heather4nne
    Options
    Nice! That does sound funny; I assume it's rather more interesting than the King James version. That sounds like a great plan to me! Keeping track of everything is what's been helping me. It guilts me into not wanting to disappoint the MFP wizards who analyze every diary. They shall not judge!

It's great! I've done about 4 or 5 weeks of it now and, along with eating all the crap that I manage to, I've lost 7lbs. Plus, I beat my records for 1K, 5K, and 1 mi today! Almost killed me, but hey, feel the burn? There really isn't anything quite like running. Do you prefer the treadmill or the Great Outdoors?
  • SheedahSmile14
    SheedahSmile14 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone,

I'm Rasheedah and right now I'm starting to build my own routine of un-routine with my workouts. I'm doing an elliptical trainer and muscle training 3x a week and yoga once a week. What are all of these programs you guys are talking about? I started to do Insanity, but I ended up messing up my wrist from all the floor workouts. I want to incorporate it back in though, it was tough, but great. What workouts have worked for you?
  • Cuddles2523
    Options
    Nice! That does sound funny; I assume it's rather more interesting than the King James version. That sounds like a great plan to me! Keeping track of everything is what's been helping me. It guilts me into not wanting to disappoint the MFP wizards who analyze every diary. They shall not judge!

It's great! I've done about 4 or 5 weeks of it now and, along with eating all the crap that I manage to, I've lost 7lbs. Plus, I beat my records for 1K, 5K, and 1 mi today! Almost killed me, but hey, feel the burn? There really isn't anything quite like running. Do you prefer the treadmill or the Great Outdoors?

I like both but I'm from New Jersey and it is freeeeezing right now so I stick with the treadmill during these cold months lol. How about you?? I am looking forward to get back outside once spring arrives!! :)
  • Cuddles2523
    Options
    Hey everyone,

I'm Rasheedah and right now I'm starting to build my own routine of un-routine with my workouts. I'm doing an elliptical trainer and muscle training 3x a week and yoga once a week. What are all of these programs you guys are talking about? I started to do Insanity, but I ended up messing up my wrist from all the floor workouts. I want to incorporate it back in though, it was tough, but great. What workouts have worked for you?

Hey Rasheedah! I did Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred on DVD and liked it a lot.. never got through a full thirty days in a row but it still helped. The Couch25K is a program that takes you for the couch to running a 5k by decreasing your walking increments and increasing your running increments each time you do it, it is awesome! Google it! The butt bible is a dvd I'm doing now, it sounds so silly but i do love the instructor and I really do feel the burn haha. These days I'm switching between that and a weight routine I found on bodybuilding.com. I tried insanity and p90x and just couldn't get into it but it is intense! If you can do it, go you! :)
  • Heather4nne
    Options
    [/quote]

I like both but I'm from New Jersey and it is freeeeezing right now so I stick with the treadmill during these cold months lol. How about you?? I am looking forward to get back outside once spring arrives!! :)
    [/quote]

I think I prefer the treadmill, only because it's consistent. I know exactly how far I've gone, and I don't need to worry about environmental factors, traffic lights, etc. disrupting my rhythm. Plus, I find it easier on the knees. That said, though, there's nothing like running on a nice summer morning, fresh air, birds singing, all that jazz. It's cold, you say; what kind of temperatures have you been getting? We've had a really mild winter here, and it's been hovering around -1 for about a week and a half. It's starting to feel like spring's on the way! That said, it's been getting warmer over the past several years. Historically, I remember it being -20/25 before windchill in February. Not fun.
  • Heather4nne
    Options
    Hey everyone,

I like running 5K three times per week, followed up (newly) with 100 reps of stationary rowing at 4lbs, then about 10 minutes (10 full laps, really) in the pool. It really helps me cool down, and get used to walking around in a super hot bikini :wink:
  • SheedahSmile14
    Options
    [/quote]

Hey Rasheedah! I did Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred on DVD and liked it a lot.. never got through a full thirty days in a row but it still helped. The Couch25K is a program that takes you for the couch to running a 5k by decreasing your walking increments and increasing your running increments each time you do it, it is awesome! Google it! The butt bible is a dvd I'm doing now, it sounds so silly but i do love the instructor and I really do feel the burn haha. These days I'm switching between that and a weight routine I found on bodybuilding.com. I tried insanity and p90x and just couldn't get into it but it is intense! If you can do it, go you! :)
    [/quote]

Anything Jillian Michael does is intense so congrats to you lol! I definitely want to find that. And the Couch25K sounds fascinating. The butt bible sounds fun (praise the Lord) lol! Yea Insanity is rough, but I think I want to try to do them like once a week. You're dripping sweat, but damn you look good afterwards.
  • SheedahSmile14
    Options

I like running 5K three times per week, followed up (newly) with 100 reps of stationary rowing at 4lbs, then about 10 minutes (10 full laps, really) in the pool. It really helps me cool down, and get used to walking around in a super hot bikini :wink:

I wish the weather in Ohio was good enough to run in right now. We have a lot of ice on the ground right now :(. And wow 100 reps! Do you feel it's better to do more reps with less weight or less reps with more weight? And yea I'm definitely hitting the pool once spring hits!
  • JME1991
    Options
    I'm such a moron. I totally forgot I ever started this topic! I didn't get a notification of all your replies. Let me give you guys a little update; Jillian Michaels started boring me to death so I did 30DS until about day 8, then I discovered Turbofire and I have been doing that coupled with c25k for a little over a month. I haven't lost any weight though *pout*.
  • Heather4nne
    Options
    I'm such a moron. I totally forgot I ever started this topic! I didn't get a notification of all your replies. Let me give you guys a little update; Jillian Michaels started boring me to death so I did 30DS until about day 8, then I discovered Turbofire and I have been doing that coupled with c25k for a little over a month. I haven't lost any weight though *pout*.

Haha, no worries! Really? That's odd. What's Turbofire? How do you feel? Muscle does weigh more than fat, so you could be switching from the one to the other. How are your clothes feeling these days?

p.s. Love the hair!
  • Spindigo1
    Spindigo1 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone,

You are a beast! I just started running maybe a year and a half ago and it's still really hard for me. I can run 3 miles once or twice a week, but if I try to run that far a third time I just can't do it!
  • Heather4nne
    Options
    Haha, thanks! It's taken some time to work up to that, but I've always been something of a runner. It's surprising that I haven't maimed myself on a treadmill yet, though; can't run in a straight line to save my life.

It's tough, eh? Do you walk much during the week? I found that really helps me out. If I'm not actively walking to work and class every day, my running is crap. Good on you for sticking with it though. Plus, every bit helps!