Counting Macros & Calories

Options
Hey Team,

Many times I notice we celebrate deep caloric deficits, which is great for weight loss. However, there are only so many variable we can change to lose weight and keep muscle before we plateau and have to make drastic change to jump start our fat loss again.

I would like to start a dialogue based on my associate Matty Fusaro's videos on counting Macros. This will help us diet smart without killing ourselves by eating too few calories or doing too much cardio.

PLEASE WATCH AND POST YOUR QUESTIONS & COMMENTS FOR OUR FELLOW SOLDIERS:

PART 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fG5MM0w_1NE

PART 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wquNN1KPnQc

Replies

• Chocol8teThunder
    Chocol8teThunder Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I would like to introduce every one to someone who has give me awesome advice on macros C.T Army member, pac_ . I would like to promote pac_ to Captain in our Army since his experiences with macros could be beneficial to us all.
  • sbilyeu75
    sbilyeu75 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    These are very good videos.
  • Chocol8teThunder
    Options
    Oops I saw this post after I responded to your previous post. Send me your height, weight, and age so I may send you that daily plan I promised

C.T
  • Chocol8teThunder
    Options
    HERE IS HOW YOU CALCULATE YOUR MAINTENANCE CALORIES BEFORE YOUR START YOUR CUT.

1. Go to freedieting.com and find out your maintenance Calories

2. Click Daily Calorie needs in on the left had side of the screen

3.Input your age, height, and current weight and mark fitness level as Basal

4. Take this caloric # and decrease it by 100 calories each week until you are at a 500 calorie deficit
    (This deficit assume we are doing no cardio just lifting 4 to 5 times a week. If you do do cardio make sure you are NOT AT MORE THANT 500 calorie deficit of your maintenance per day)

I am developing a spreadsheet to make this easier for your guys please email at a corey@lcgptstudio.com if you would like a copy
  • pac_
    pac_ Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    great post corey, glad to see your promoting counting macros in the proper way. keep it up!
  • Chocol8teThunder
    Options
    Hey pac,

You helped get me started bro. Feel free to help the Army out whenever you have time.

FYI: My calories are up 700 calories from my cut last year and since I have been counting macros I have been averaging 2lbs of weight loss (excuse me) FAT LOSE per week.

I can't explain the science completely but I feel better than I ever have during a cut.
  • pac_
    pac_ Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    WOW that is awesome to hear bro!! just goes to show you dont have to suffer on a diet to achieve your goals. everyone can still enjoy foods they love in moderation and attain an ideal physique. I will def help out the army whenever I can.
  • Chocol8teThunder
    Options
    Thanks Captain
  • RainbootsToBikinis
    RainbootsToBikinis Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I'll have to watch these when I get on a better computer. I've been thinking I need to invest in a meal plan since I have trouble hitting my macros on a daily basis, but it's so pricey.
  • Chocol8teThunder
    Options
    Lauren,

Do not be intimidated. You can accomplish more than you think.

START HERE:

HERE IS HOW YOU CALCULATE YOUR MAINTENANCE CALORIES BEFORE YOUR START YOUR CUT.

1. Go to freedieting.com and find out your maintenance Calories

2. Click Daily Calorie needs in on the left had side of the screen

3.Input your age, height, and current weight and mark fitness level as Basal

4. Take this caloric # and decrease it by 100 calories each week until you are at a 500 calorie deficit
    (This deficit assume we are doing no cardio just lifting 4 to 5 times a week. If you do do cardio make sure you are NOT AT MORE THANT 500 calorie deficit of your maintenance per day)

I am developing a spreadsheet to make this easier for your guys please email at a corey@lcgptstudio.com if you would like a copy
  • RainbootsToBikinis
    Options
    Thanks :) I know my TDEE is about 2100 on no cardio days, and I'm eating 1600 cals. 180 g of protein and 140g of carbs, My protein is higher than that site recommends, but I'm really trying to maintain as much LBM as possible.
  • Chocol8teThunder
    Options
    Hmm.

Thanks for sharing your comments will help the Army better understand their Macros. I am currently working with a nutritionist who who is trying to keep all my muscle while losing fat.

Your protein seem a little high I understand why. I am currently in a cut and my proteins on a rest day are

40% 40% 20%
    P C Fats
    210g 210g 45g

For my female member can you explain how calculated your maintenance calories?
  • Chocol8teThunder
    Options
    coreynguess Thanks y'all. Eat well and lose fat not muscle. Please read & post on the c t army message board on macros Below is video of eating out once you learn to count macros http://youtu.be/gz9cI-KQ6mY
  • RainbootsToBikinis
    Options
    I wore a bodybugg for a couple of months and found that on my normal activity, lifting days with no cardio I averaged between 2,000 and 2,200 calories burned. On days when I'm really busy or doing cardio I can get up to 3,000.
  • Annaruthus
    Annaruthus Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    My macros right now are 40/35/25 (p/c/f), and my goal for food is 1700 calories. I only really monitor my calories when I am cutting.

When I am maintaining, which will be pretty much between April and November this year, I won't pay attention to the calories at all.

I'll be competing and working out so much, if I gain weight, its because I started eating 3000 calories a day, lol.
  • Chocol8teThunder
    Options
    Ambi,

Annaruthus may be a good source of reference per your question.

However, my 1st question would be is 1300 your caloric deficit or our maintenance calories? Depending on how your arrived at 1300 will determine how we proceed.

Ruthie please chime in if you have questions on Abmi's question thanks.

C.T
  • Chocol8teThunder
    Options
    Lili,

Keep up your current macro split. If you are not losing 1-2 lbs per week. I will re-do your macros personally.

Also send me your email at corey@lcgptstudio.com

I will my macro calculation spread sheet.

C.T
  • __Karl__
    __Karl__ Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    PLEASE WATCH AND POST YOUR QUESTIONS & COMMENTS FOR OUR FELLOW SOLDIERS:

PART 1
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fG5MM0w_1NE

PART 2
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wquNN1KPnQc
    [/quote]

Excellent videos. Great tutorials.