I need good ideas for low cal sweets

Options
I ALWAYS get a sweet tooth after dinner when most of my calories are gone, plus I don't want to eat a lot of sugar before bed. I have just discovered coco almonds 100 calorie packs, but I need more ideas.

Replies

• kwentz1960
    Options
    I have a sweet tooth as well. I sometimes buy Nips (candy) and one piece is 60 calories. Also, a cup of tea will help with the cravings. I sometimes pop a couple raspberries and blueberries to help. My strongest sugar craving is right after I eat dinner. RIDICULOUS because I am not even hungry!
  • juliebmomof3
    juliebmomof3 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Same here, like I am not hungry at all I just need something. I hate it.
  • MommyLovesHerFurBabies
    Options
    I am the same way where I will want something sweet after dinner and not be hungry. So once in a while I will drink a diet soda (my fave is Pepsi Max & Coke Zero) with dinner. But on a normal I will either eat a piece of fruit or there are Healthy Choice Frozen Greek Yogurt cups in strawberry & vanilla that are 100 calories. I also like Skinny cow ice cream or smartones sundaes.
    These sundaes and yogurt cups are small enough that its not to much before bed.
    Also, if for some reason I actually become hungry I will make myself a PB&J sandwich using PB2, Jelly & Oopa Multigrain Skinny Buns for a total of 160 calories, you get protein and a carb to help get ya through the night.
    Hope these help!
  • mic1mam
    Options
    Try the Quaker popped cakes, I like the carmel corn, 13 mini cakes for 110cals. Herseys mini bars, dark chocolate. I eat just one to stop the craving. yogurt pina colata flavor has chuncks of pinapple in it, 80 cals. Find something you like, just eat a small amount to fit into your cals for the day.
  • juliebmomof3
    Options
    I just had a skinny cow heavenly crisp bar. Sooo good. 110 calories, a liitle more than I would like but I worked out enough to manage it.
  • MartinaNYC
    MartinaNYC Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Slim Fast snack bars- 100cal each
    1 rice cake with 1/2 tbsp of Nutella (110cal)/ 1/2 tbsp peanut butter (107cal)/ 1/2 tbsp honey (92cal)
    5oz milk with 1/2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa (90 cal)
    kit kat mini chocolate (60 cal)

I have so many options for you since I have the same "problem!"
  • lovelifehealth
    lovelifehealth Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Ginger Tea or Peppermint Tea.

You can easily make ginger tea by putting a couple of slices of raw ginger root in hot water.
  • JavaSparrow
    JavaSparrow Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    strawberry shortcake.

you can get generic shortcake shells at 60 calories, and two tablespoons of diet cool whip for 20, and freshly sliced strawberries, which are barely any calories :3

i usually have mine with lemon tea <3
  • aleesh_
    aleesh_ Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    There is a vanilla flavored sleepytime tea that I drink at night when trying to curb sugar cravings, and it works! It doesn't put me to sleep but it does make me feel relaxed.
  • necmurphy
    Options
    Hi, I'm brand new to myfitnesspal, what is PB2?
  • MartinaNYC
    MartinaNYC Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    There is a vanilla flavored sleepytime tea that I drink at night when trying to curb sugar cravings, and it works! It doesn't put me to sleep but it does make me feel relaxed.

What's the brand? Thx!
  • getfitgal123
    getfitgal123 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    sugar free popsicles

alpine sugar free apple cider

republic of tea red velvet tea

4 oz fat free plain greek yogurt mixed with a bit of sugar free jello or instant pudding mix to taste

pink lady apples
  • juliebmomof3
    Options
    Ooh I love the greek yogurt idea. I love yogurt but not the sugar that is in the flavored stuff. Definitely wanna try that. Thanks!O
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    Any fruit with Truvia. Mandarin or cutie oranges with Truvia make a really nice treat.
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    For a chocolate fix, Endangered Species bug bites (50 calories) or http://shop.sweetriot.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=65&products_id=182

I buy those one at a time because they are expensive and I'd go through them if they were around all the time.
  • MissJJ74
    MissJJ74 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Snackwell's Devils Food cookies. Oh so good and only 50 calories each.
  • UrbanLotus
    UrbanLotus Posts: 1,163 Member
    Options
    Trader Joe's coca truffles are heavenly and only 50cals each. Also the dark chocolate seasalt bar has 50 cals/square. Their raspberry or mango cream bars have about 70 cals.

Edy's whole fruit popsicles - the strawberry has about 80 cals
  • 6Petite
    6Petite Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    How about a baked apple with some cinnamon sprinkled on top?
  • Meli311ssa
    Meli311ssa Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    PB2 with a dash of Stevia on 2 caramel flavored rice cakes (125 cals) very healthy and filling!
  • CristinaL1983
    CristinaL1983 Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    I guess it depends on how low cal.

I like:
    A couple hard candies (jolly ranchers, etc...)
    A small amount of oatmeal with some fruit (I keep frozen fruit in the freezer) and a couple teaspoons of light brown sugar (about 100 cal)
    Those little ice creams (the single serving 100ish calorie size)
    I have a new addiction to the single serving gelato, cute container, lemon gelato is amazing and the container is 130 cal
    Fruit (apples have a good bit of natural sugar and usually crush my sugar cravings)
    Sometimes I'll make a batch of cookies, separate the then freeze them and get one out and cook just one cookie
    The fruit bar popsicles are great and pretty low cal