My doctor Today She called me in too talk about my sugar

Options
richh963
richh963 Posts: 78 Member
My doctor called me in today to talk about my sugars, I send her a weekly report on how they are doing. so I get in her office and she says its early but I want too do a A1C test, I had one in Decemeber that was 8.1 so she took my blood and said she be back in a few minutes and I just talk to her nurse the nurse took my bllod pressure 114/60 and the my doctor came charging thru the door and siad Im not sure if i should take this again. she ask me what i thought my a1c was since ive been on MFP for just over 45 days, I said maybe 6.5 since ive been having lower numbers ever since i started. she said close 6.4, she said that if I could do this in 45 days , she felt I could be off insulin by summer and just using metformin.

Replies

• deeschange
    deeschange Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Excellent....Congratulations.
  • retiree2006
    retiree2006 Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Way to go! Hope you continue to improve.
  • momjmd
    momjmd Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Excellent news!!!!!! WTG!!!
  • bdubya55
    bdubya55 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    Nice work Rich, a major accomplishment!!..That's great to hear, way to go my friend!!
    ;o)
  • made2wonder
    made2wonder Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    That's fantastic. Congrats!
  • richh963
    Options
    thanks bob
  • richh963
    Options
    and everyone else
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    I bet you feel greatI WTG!
  • wcucats77
    Options
    Great work... Congratulations
  • jessiekanga
    jessiekanga Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Yay!!! That's such great news. I'm so happy for you!
  • RaineyLaney
    RaineyLaney Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Woo hoo, very nice.. Always nice to get rid of medicines / insulin :) You are doing a super great job, Keep it up
  • LinCharpentier
    LinCharpentier Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    That's what I'm hoping to hear come March 6th. I'll go get my A1C on Monday and get the result when I see my nurse practioner March 6th.

You did it Rich and I hope I can join you. But i'm only on Metformin.
  • LauraDotts
    LauraDotts Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    It is so much fun to shock the doctor. LOL!! Congratulations on a job well done. Keep it up.
  • SherryRH
    SherryRH Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    Congrats!
  • robert65ferguson
    robert65ferguson Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    That's great news, well done. It's always good to hear success stories and take encouragement that the programme really does work.
  • nczuczu
    nczuczu Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    That is such great news! I hope to get there too. Maybe not by the summer, but hoping by the fall. I notice the change in my numbers even having dropped 16 lbs...can't wait to see what they are when I see my doc in April.

Nice work!!!