Training days

Options
2»

Replies

• KevinMassine
    Options
    I had my rest day yesterday, so I went out running :tongue:
    Having a hard time to combine the running with insanity, so I cut the running back for now to once a week on the rest day.
    I also did the Cardio Abs as a separate workout because I have the feeling Insanity is not challenging the abs that much, or am I wrong?

Anyways keep at it everyone, I already see some changes on my body and I just completed the second week, so its all well worth it :smile:
    Today the second fit test. I will post the results after.

Hey there Mangoman...I am going to do day 13 today (Pure Cardio and Cardio Ads for the first time). When you say the Cardio Abs is not challenging and you said you did it as a separate work out could you give me a bit more info on what you mean? I have the option of doing the Cardio Abs or doing the INSANE ABS....What do you think?

Thanks
    Kevin

i would do the insane abs in month2 if you have no prior experience with insanity. i found insane abs much more difficult than cardio abs. plus it is double as long.

i am currently in my recovery week and welcome the change of pace. the last week of month one was tough as the exercises do get quite repetitive and the body starts complaining about four weeks of almost daily hard exercise.

Sounds Good, I took a look at the Insane Abs and I think Ill do the Cadio Abs first....see where it takes me and If I need to step it up a notch later I can......Thanks for the advice.

What I meant was in general. You do lot of squats and pushups and Cardio, but during the normal workouts your abs are not handled that much. In the first week I was sore all over accept for my abs. That's why I took it again as a seperate workout.
    Going to start my Fit Test within the hour. I.m really curious if I will do better then last time

Hope all went well with the Fit test ! Im sure you will see a difference. I know Im expecting to!
  • rmaglathlin
    rmaglathlin Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I had my rest day yesterday, so I went out running :tongue:
    Having a hard time to combine the running with insanity, so I cut the running back for now to once a week on the rest day.
    I also did the Cardio Abs as a separate workout because I have the feeling Insanity is not challenging the abs that much, or am I wrong?

Anyways keep at it everyone, I already see some changes on my body and I just completed the second week, so its all well worth it :smile:
    Today the second fit test. I will post the results after.

Hey there Mangoman...I am going to do day 13 today (Pure Cardio and Cardio Ads for the first time). When you say the Cardio Abs is not challenging and you said you did it as a separate work out could you give me a bit more info on what you mean? I have the option of doing the Cardio Abs or doing the INSANE ABS....What do you think?

Thanks
    Kevin

i would do the insane abs in month2 if you have no prior experience with insanity. i found insane abs much more difficult than cardio abs. plus it is double as long.

i am currently in my recovery week and welcome the change of pace. the last week of month one was tough as the exercises do get quite repetitive and the body starts complaining about four weeks of almost daily hard exercise.

Sounds Good, I took a look at the Insane Abs and I think Ill do the Cadio Abs first....see where it takes me and If I need to step it up a notch later I can......Thanks for the advice.

What I meant was in general. You do lot of squats and pushups and Cardio, but during the normal workouts your abs are not handled that much. In the first week I was sore all over accept for my abs. That's why I took it again as a seperate workout.
    Going to start my Fit Test within the hour. I.m really curious if I will do better then last time

you have to be really conscious about engaging your core while doing all of the exercises with insanity. if you really think "engage, engage, engage" and actually touch your stomach every now and then to see if you all holding your core tight during all of the workouts, the entire insanity program will work your abs. its very important to engage your core anyway, with all of the plyometrics and squats and twisting involved in these exercises. without core engagement, you can really hurt your back (speaking from experience here as i have ruptured a disc in my lumbar spine doing squats). obviously, doing the ab workouts is going to work your abs more directly, but you will still get a serious core workout if you are engaging all the time.
  • karabo04
    Options
    I'm on day 19 of insanity, its getting better now its not as hard as it was when I first started, but I've gained a pound! I'm not sure what's going on, I'm not giving up!
  • mangoman1978
    Options
    I'm on day 19 of insanity, its getting better now its not as hard as it was when I first started, but I've gained a pound! I'm not sure what's going on, I'm not giving up!

I feel like I got a lot stronger especialy in my legs. With insanity it's better to measure in inches instead of weight. You probably gained more muscle tissue while you burned fat. Muscle is heavier then fat, so don't worry about it. If you watch closely what you eat and not eating crap you should be good!
  • penneyEmma
    Options
    I finished day 11 this morning (Cardio Recovery). I'm starting to feel little pains in my shins and joints, so the recovery today was a nice change of pace. I'm already looking forward to the sweat pouring workout tomorrow!! It's hard to imagine what month 2 is going to be like though, because these month 1 workouts are beating the crap out of me.

I've also got an 8k scheduled for the end of April, and I'm not running at all right now during Insanity. I'm concerned that I'll lose whatever run fitness I built during Couch to 5k. Hopefully, the work I'm doing now is going to translate into better run fitness down the road, otherwise I could be in trouble for that race.

I found that my running has improved. I ran 5km in 24mins yesterday - my fastest time ever!!!! Dont worry, this workout is great for your cardiovascular system and any increased strength will power you round that 8km
  • karabo04
    Options
    I actually did measure myself yesterday we'll see on day 30 what the measurements say, you are probably right about gaining muscle because my legs have more defintion and stronger, another thing is, its been really hard getting rid of the belly fat, its very frustrating with all that hard cardio and sweating I was hoping to have less fat in that area.
  • jdr0p_
    jdr0p_ Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I'm doing day 7 today. I'm finding everything easier as each day goes by, but still really difficult.

One thing that drives me crazy is the stretching. You do the "warm up" and then just stop to stretch. I didn't love how oddly leg intensive they were, when you're working arms and back as well. I just stopped doing his stretches and do my own, but I still dislike when they happen in the videos.
  • jfryberger
    jfryberger Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    about the up down push up moves being brutal, totally agree. I looked on in shock watching them thinking-how on earth are they doing that? I can't do the entire move but I am getting better at the attempts.
  • squashyhelen
    squashyhelen Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Guys, I'm feeling chicken today, and at a bit of a dilemma. Yesterday I was scheduled for an insanity recovery day. But I went to 2 Zumba classes (love Zumba) and 1 Kangoo class instead (adore Kangoo). Should I make today a recovery day then, or push through and fit Insanity in? I know I CAN do it. I'm making excuses in my head partially because I know it's going to be tough, partially because I don't know if perhaps my body does need a day off. So, guys - give it to me. Encouragement and dig through? Or take it easy? I do want to get strong and fit!

Edit - 2 Zumba classes, 1 step class (took it easy because shins were aching), 1 Kangoo class. Not consecutively.
  • penneyEmma
    Options
    Guys, I'm feeling chicken today, and at a bit of a dilemma. Yesterday I was scheduled for an insanity recovery day. But I went to 2 Zumba classes (love Zumba) and 1 Kangoo class instead (adore Kangoo). Should I make today a recovery day then, or push through and fit Insanity in? I know I CAN do it. I'm making excuses in my head partially because I know it's going to be tough, partially because I don't know if perhaps my body does need a day off. So, guys - give it to me. Encouragement and dig through? Or take it easy? I do want to get strong and fit!

Edit - 2 Zumba classes, 1 step class (took it easy because shins were aching), 1 Kangoo class. Not consecutively.

Bit late replying but for what its worth, personally I would dig deeper and get it done. Peace out y'all :-)
  • squashyhelen
    squashyhelen Posts: 143 Member
    Options

Bit late replying but for what its worth, personally I would dig deeper and get it done. Peace out y'all :-)

Haha oops, I ended up taking that day off, but I'm back on track!
  • nikkilynne59
    nikkilynne59 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Just a quick question.. How do you record your insanity workouts?
  • cricket_77
    cricket_77 Posts: 165 Member
    Options

Right now I have created the exercise "Insanity" and put in a generic 300 calories burned. I have no idea if that is even close. I ordered a heart rate monitor, so that when it comes in I can be more accurate.
  • mangoman1978
    Options
    Day 24 Completed. Few!!! I have the feeling my body is starting to complain a bit. Well I have to just keep going. After this week the recovery week before the real insanity starts. Keep going everyone. Decide, commit, succeed!
  • rmaglathlin
    rmaglathlin Posts: 20 Member
    Options

Right now I have created the exercise "Insanity" and put in a generic 300 calories burned. I have no idea if that is even close. I ordered a heart rate monitor, so that when it comes in I can be more accurate.

i use a heart rate monitor and routinely get ~500 calories burned for the workouts. thats how i record it.
  • cricket_77
    cricket_77 Posts: 165 Member
    Options

i use a heart rate monitor and routinely get ~500 calories burned for the workouts. thats how i record it.

Good to know!! Glad I have been underestimating rather than over!
  • cbwilliams2004
    cbwilliams2004 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Tackled day 1 today. Feel so guilty glad for the little work emails that popped in as I was doing the workout, because I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have survived without the extra little breaks. That exercise where you stand up, drop down, do four pushups, then mountain climb is brutal.

Helen, just wait until month 2 :-) Eventually you get to Level 3 Drills where you drop, 16 pushups, 16 mountain climbers, and repeat...yup.
  • penneyEmma
    Options

Good to know!! Glad I have been underestimating rather than over!

I use a HRM and average about 350. Apparently its roughly 10 calories a minute but obvs there are so many variables to consider you cant really compare.
  • mangoman1978
    Options
    Yesterday I was on Day 46 which was Max Cardio recovery. I really have trouble doing the slow pushup / plank exercises and it makes me feel like not getting the best out of this work out. It seems like I need to find a way to strengthen my upperbody more.