Book or e-book?

Options
traceyjj
traceyjj Posts: 406 Member
Hi all,
I am thinking about starting this program after completing a few weeks at the gym on a trainer based program with kettlebells, weight bags and similar equipment, and I have come to the conclusion that I prefer doing those more than sitting on the bikes, or pounding on the treadmills...

Which is the best version of this book to buy... are there any advantages of buying the book over the e-book.

Sorry if this is a silly question, but I dont know which to buy :(

Many thanks
T :drinker:

Replies

• KatLifter
    KatLifter Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    I like having the paper version. I think it's easier to flip through and get specific information as you need it.
    For example, the descriptions on how to do different exercises are on certain pages that you can flip to while you're reading what to do each workout.
  • jcjsjones
    jcjsjones Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    I have the e-book, and I wish I had the paper version. It is very difficult to find your spreadsheet then find your exercise. Once you get them down you won't need to take the book with you, but it really helps every time you move to a new stage.

ETA: That is not a silly question at all! :happy:
  • sonhando
    sonhando Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I just started and I have the ebook. So far I have not had a problem with it. I use it on kindle on an iPad mini:

I like that it synchs between my iPad Mini and my iPhone and any other device on which I've loaded the Kindle. I use the iPad to read and I use the iPhone to reference in the gym if I need to (plus I use and iPhone app to log the workout so it makes it convenient to not have to lug so much around the gym).

I've heard that people found it inconvenient to use the electronic version since the workouts reference pages (which you can't find as page numbers on the Kindle) but here's what I do: I bookmark the workout table then I use the search to find the location of the exercise description and create a note at the workout table location that indicates where to find each one in case I need to reference.

So for example Stage Workout A table is book marked and has a note that says: Squat 2883 Jackknife 3756 Step up 3096 Seated row 3585... If ever need to reference any I use the "location" option to go there.
  • AmIhealthyyet
    AmIhealthyyet Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    I purchased the book as opposed to the ebook! I recently had too many issues with e versions of books. primal Paleo is an example, my kindle version is horrible, paper version GREAT.
  • rachietuk
    rachietuk Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I have the e-book. I think I woulod rather have a real book. But I make do. I use the bookmark feature on kindle.
    I would rather take the book to the gym instead of my ipad.
  • traceyjj
    Options
    Thanks everyone for their insights.
    I think I'll be looking at buying the real book rather than the e-book as my e-reader is a kobo, and I dont own any tablets or other devices to sync it to. Off to town tomorrow to see if I can find the book :)

Thanks again
    T :drinker:
  • akmcgrory
    akmcgrory Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I love my Kindle, but I'm glad I have the paperback version. For me, it's easier and quicker to find what I need. Plus, you don't have to worry about someone stepping on your e-reader.

Edit: Oops, looks like we replied at the same time.
  • traceyjj
    Options
    LOL. The more thoughts the better for me really.

I need to be able to see the book in my hand as I have used a computer for far too many years, and now I need glasses to read generally.... but as long as I can see what I need to at the gym without my glasses, I will be happy.
  • Chikipiwi
    Chikipiwi Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I have the e-book, please do not make the same mistake...
  • WhataBroad
    WhataBroad Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    I have both... only because I thought the ebook was the better option. Don't make my same mistake =)
  • Emtabo01
    Emtabo01 Posts: 672
    Options
    I have the ebook and it works fine for me on my iPad. I do work out at home though.
  • curlygirly80
    Options
    I purchased the e-book first, then went out and purchased the book. It is mucher easier to flip thru and even put tabs in the book for quick reference.
  • traceyjj
    Options
    I purchased the e-book first, then went out and purchased the book. It is mucher easier to flip thru and even put tabs in the book for quick reference.
    That tabs idea is a great idea... I may just have to borrow that :)