Realistically, what can I accomplish before summer?

Options
shorty35565
shorty35565 Posts: 1,425 Member
I'm 5'4 3/4 119lbs 25%bf
I lift 3 times a week, bench, OHP, deadlift & squats. assisted pull ups too.
I don't do much other cardio aside from walking. Sometimes I will do a HIIT or kickbox, maybe even run, but it's rare. Not a huge fan of cardio. I used to do it all the time & just tired of it lol
I eat 350 off my TDEE. I have a bodymedia, so that's where I get the number.
I want to get to 20%bf & then bulk, as I'm skinny fat & need much more muscle. My ultimate goal is 17% bf.
So what can I accomplish in roughly 4 months? Can I get to 20% before then? or not likely? I just really don't want to look the same as I do now.

Replies

• Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    We had estimated you were 24 - 25% when you were 121lb. At 20% body fat, assuming all weight loss is fat, you will be approx 113lb. So, assuming all fat loss and no muscle loss, you need to lose 6lb. This is completely achievable within 4 months. Even if not all fat loss, I would bulk at 113lb if I were you, even if a slightly higher BF%.
  • shorty35565
    Options
    We had estimated you were 24 - 25% when you were 121lb. At 20% body fat, assuming all weight loss is fat, you will be approx 113lb. So, assuming all fat loss and no muscle loss, you need to lose 6lb. This is completely achievable within 4 months. Even if not all fat loss, I would bulk at 113lb if I were you, even if a slightly higher BF%.

I'm not losing weight very fast, I know that much. So idk how long it's going to take me to lose 6lbs. That's what got me wondering.
    Will it be bad to bulk above 20%?
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options

I'm not losing weight very fast, I know that much. So idk how long it's going to take me to lose 6lbs. That's what got me wondering.

Its not bad to bulk above 20% as long as you are not at an unhealthy weight - it's just not as ideal as bulking at a lower BF%.

What lifting program are you doing?
  • vsetter
    vsetter Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    Shorty -- I am in the same boat (roughly same stats -- except I weigh more). My goal is 20%bf, but like you, losing pounds has been slow. I'm curious to see what others say.
  • shorty35565
    Options

Its not bad to bulk above 20% as long as you are not at an unhealthy weight - it's just not as ideal as bulking at a lower BF%.

One a lifter friend of mine made for me.

8-10 sets 3 reps each at 90% max. Pull ups-2 sets of 75% max.
    Monday: Deadlifts + Rows
    Tuesday: Cardio + pull ups
    Wed: Bench + Over head press + pull ups
    Thurs: Cardio + pull ups
    Fri: Squats + pull ups
    Sat: pull ups
    Sunday: Rest

All the pull ups is a program by the pull up revolution pro. It's an assistance thing with bands. Supposed to help me be able to do one unassisted. I think I'm getting stronger with them too. The cardio is normally just walking.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options

All the pull ups is a program by the pull up revolution pro. It's an assistance thing with bands. Supposed to help me be able to do one unassisted. I think I'm getting stronger with them too. The cardio is normally just walking.

I think that you should be doing a full body routine 3 x a week and not doing pull ups every day tbh.
  • shorty35565
    Options

I think that you should be doing a full body routine 3 x a week and not doing pull ups every day tbh.

What should I do? I don't really wanna do stronglifts, because Idk how much weight I'm supposed to start out at. No one ever helped me with that.Cuz I swear they said not to start goin to failure & Idk, I feel like it's not helping if I'm not pushing myself to failure. I'd rather start somewhere where I can lift to failure & then up it as I'm ready. Would that be ok?