Rest/Recovery Week and Eating?

Options
Hi all. I'm taking my first ever rest week next week! I've been suffering from the ill effects of OVER training so my body is screaming for a break. No lifting, no running, nothing high impact allowed. I'll take walks, do some core work and maybe a low key bike ride to keep myself from climbing the walls but that's it. My question is this-- do I keep eating at TDEE? Once I'm done with my rest week I'm going to decrease the miles on running and step up the weight training if that matters. Thanks all!

Replies

• ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    There are two frames of mind, continue to eat current TDEE which will be extra calories because your activity is lower and this will give your body more fuel to repair the muscles you are giving a nice rest too. Or you can recalculate your TDEE at the activity level for the rest period and eat that TDEE. For me, one week, I would keep the same TDEE.
  • AmyzNewGroove
    AmyzNewGroove Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    You probably already know what I'm going to say, but I'll say it anyway (caz I like to type :wink:). I vote eat to hunger, but stay between somewhere between TDEE and 15% cut. Promotes maximum healing for the body, and will make you feel tons better!
  • coopersmom2006
    Options
    Thanks guys!