introductions

Options
Hi my name is Katie. I am a single mom of a 11 year old daughter . I wanted to challenge myself to focus on losing inches not pounds. I have found for me the scale is very frustrating and its easy to get discouraged. I wanted to do a challenge to myself on focusing on inches lost not pounds.

Every Friday we will post our measurments.

post your starting stats for your inches.

Replies

• ICarla
    ICarla Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Hi Katie! I'm Carla. I too want to measure. I am obsessed with the scale, but I joined so that I can be held accountable to look at the whole picture. I will do my first measurements tonight.
  • msleanlegs
    msleanlegs Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am so happy to find this group. What measurements should we be taking?
  • lovelifehealth
    lovelifehealth Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Looking forward to this group. My waist is 6 inches smaller than when I started in mid-November, all of my clothes are looser and I can now see a difference in photos. How my body appears and fits in clothes is much more important to me than the number on the scale. :smile:
  • lell22
    lell22 Posts: 13
    Options
    Hi I'd like to join this group ...

My names Lell ... From London and I've been on here properly since beginning of Jan and this time I am actually doing it without feeling like its a chore. Need some support and people to chat with as I feel like I'm boring my Boyf, friends and family with all my diet / calorie chats!!

:smile:
  • fightininggirl
    fightininggirl Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    ambion16 is correct this is what we will be tracking. I have never heard of doing the lower waist.
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,775 Member
    Options
    Hi, Michele here.

Although I monitor my weight regularly, I too want to focus on how I look and feel, rather than what I weigh.

I will measure tonight and post later this evening.
  • StarleighMarie
    StarleighMarie Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello. I would like to joint the group if that is OK. I'm not sure how this works, but I will do the best that I can. I'll post my measurements tonight.

Also, if anyone could let me know an actual good video and/or excercises for thighs (besides lunges), that would be great too.

Thanks you,
    Starleigh
  • Deanna149
    Deanna149 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    hi everyone, thank you for starting this group, would love to join you all in the measuring. i notice more inches coming off then weight. i already measure around the shoulders, waist, hips, thighs and upper arms...thanks again and look forward to seeing alot of inches coming of this group!!!
  • peralesmary
    peralesmary Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone,

My name is Mary. I did my measurments earlier today and just happen to come across this group. Hope it's okay if I tag along. I currently track: Neck, waist, hips, thighs, and arms.

I will be posting my measurements in just a bit. Good luck everyone and feel free do add me. The more motivation the better! I could use all the motivation I can get! :wink:
  • fightininggirl
    Options
    Hi Starleigh I am working on my thighs actually to slim them down. I do squats, inner thigh stretches, bicycles are good for your legs and thighs. you might want to google thigh exercsize videos and see what comes up.
  • DarrelBirkett
    DarrelBirkett Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Hey,

Hope you dont mind a guy dropping in here! You're right about inches being more important than weight. Or "body composition" in fact. Certainly at the start of your journey, if fat loss is the primary goal, then the scales can lead the way. But lets be honest, whats more important? What the scale says or how you feel about yourself? Getting the shape you want slowly will also slowly increase your confidence and how you feel about yourself. Thats more important than anything the scale says.

If you are training (weights) as well as doing cardio to add some lean muscle its also worth noting that muscle is heavier than fat. So, as your BF% changes, your weight may stay the same but your composition has a positive change.

Its this reason that as you get more in shape, BMI is no longer a good measure.
  • fightininggirl
    Options
    anyone is welcome to join my group guys or women its for everyone who wants to focus on measuring.

anyone is welcome to add me also.
  • palafitchick
    palafitchick Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone..I'm Kay...I hate the scale ..it sometimes makes it seems like you arent working as hard...I'm gonna try to stick to the tape
  • dreamkrisann
    Options
    Hi, Im KrisAnn. Im a mother of 4 and really obsessed with the scale. I find measuring is hard and doesnt change much even when working out hard this is why I have joined this group. I dont want to be obsessed with the scale anymore.
  • Aarjono
    Aarjono Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    So glad to find this group!

I also struggle to not be a obsessed with the scale. Even though I have a great deal of weight to lose, I can't be a slave to the weight scale again. It's just not all about the pounds to me anymore. This time around in my journey to a healthier, happier, *fitter* me, I am tracking more than just weight. I have decided to put my skills as a scientist to use in my quest for a healthier me, and have a nice little excel file with all my "data", LOL. I am also focusing on other "NSV's" like increasing ability in certain Pilates exercises week by week, push ups, planks, weight lifting, and my resting heart rate.
  • Ultragirl2374
    Ultragirl2374 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!! I can't wait to she'd some inches!!! Although I love seeing those numbers on the scale go down, I am much more interested in losing inches and dropping sizes! My newest hobby is what I like to call "virtual dream clothes shopping" where I brows clothing stores online and pick out outfits I'd like to wear in the future. Stuff that I would never, ever would dream of wearing in the past.
  • Pbgrl04
    Pbgrl04 Posts: 129
    Options
    Hello everyone I'm wanting to focus on my inches instead of my weight. Anyone is welcome to add me! I get on here everyday! I will have my measurements up in a day or two!
  • Pbgrl04
    Pbgrl04 Posts: 129
    Options
    Hello everyone I'm wanting to focus on my inches instead of my weight. Anyone is welcome to add me! I get on here everyday! I will have my measurements up in a day or two!
  • ReinasWrath
    ReinasWrath Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    hi guys!!

Mine name is Sam (lol girl sam) ! I can tell you that measuring is a lot more rewarding than just weighing in on the scale. It also tells a lot more about your body composition. Along with measurements, taking pictures to track your progress is a good idea. That way even if the inches don't budge you might still get to see a difference. Just remember to try and put your measuring tape in the same areas every time or else your readings will be inaccurate!
    Good luck guys! :flowerforyou:
  • Sweet_Gurl_Next_Door
    Options
    I agree witch blade welcome to our group. we will post measurements every friday. I will be posting week 3 measurments topic on monday