I'm on recovery week but dont feel any see/feel any change

Options
I'm currently on recovery week but don’t feel any changes. I did not measure myself at the beginning but measured myself yesterday and feel a little discouraged that I don’t seem to be dropping inches or pounds. The first month I was doing the south beach diet (not sure how many calories I was eating but I know I was keeping full). Now I’m trying to follow the fat shredder diet plan from P90X. I’m trying to eat about 1800 calories a day, I’m 199 pounds, 30 years old, 5’4”, female. Am I eating enough calories?

Replies

• mangoman1978
    Options
    I'm currently on recovery week but don’t feel any changes. I did not measure myself at the beginning but measured myself yesterday and feel a little discouraged that I don’t seem to be dropping inches or pounds. The first month I was doing the south beach diet (not sure how many calories I was eating but I know I was keeping full). Now I’m trying to follow the fat shredder diet plan from P90X. I’m trying to eat about 1800 calories a day, I’m 199 pounds, 30 years old, 5’4”, female. Am I eating enough calories?

Don't you feel like you have more energy and are more powerfull? And during the first month were you able to do the exercises better? I sometimes read through other forums that people saw the changes only during the second month. Every body works different I suppose. You say you didn't measure up yourself in the beginning. It's harder to see a difference on your body as you see yourself everyday in the mirror. And the weight scale is no good tool with insanity

You should give the second month a try anyway and come to your conclusions at the end of it, and also measure your inches so you have some hard numbers when you are doing the fittest and measure yourself up again. These trainings are so brutal that it can't be there is no difference at the end if you stick to your diet and keep all the crap out. And it looks like you keep your diet in check when I read you post, so that shouldn't be the problem (note that i'm not a diet expert).

Hope this helps :smile:
  • b3gonzalez
    Options

Don't you feel like you have more energy and are more powerfull? And during the first month were you able to do the exercises better? I sometimes read through other forums that people saw the changes only during the second month. Every body works different I suppose. You say you didn't measure up yourself in the beginning. It's harder to see a difference on your body as you see yourself everyday in the mirror. And the weight scale is no good tool with insanity

You should give the second month a try anyway and come to your conclusions at the end of it, and also measure your inches so you have some hard numbers when you are doing the fittest and measure yourself up again. These trainings are so brutal that it can't be there is no difference at the end if you stick to your diet and keep all the crap out. And it looks like you keep your diet in check when I read you post, so that shouldn't be the problem (note that i'm not a diet expert).

I’m definitely noticing a difference in my performance. I’m able to do more reps in each workout and not taking as much breaks as I use to. I know that I see myself every day so its hard to notice any difference especially since I did not measure myself at the beginning. I’m going to stick to the last month of insanity and see how it goes. I know that I won’t get results like the infomercials but I’m hoping I get some noticeable results otherwise I’m going to get very discouraged.

Weight loss is soooo hard and complicated (sigh)….
  • mangoman1978
    Options

I’m definitely noticing a difference in my performance. I’m able to do more reps in each workout and not taking as much breaks as I use to. I know that I see myself every day so its hard to notice any difference especially since I did not measure myself at the beginning. I’m going to stick to the last month of insanity and see how it goes. I know that I won’t get results like the infomercials but I’m hoping I get some noticeable results otherwise I’m going to get very discouraged.

Hehe yes it can be complicated. Don't be discouraged! you are doing great. You are performing better you say, so your getting more muscle and stamina which means you metabolisme will improve. Be also proud with the little improvements. For me it are things like being able to tie my shoe laces with more easy, or walking the stairs without being out of breath, pants which are fitting better, doing more pushups then before, feeling more muscle tone in my legs.
    Just stick with and do you routines every day and throw the weight scale out, and there is no other way then getting some results, one way or the other. :smile:
  • b3gonzalez
    Options

Hehe yes it can be complicated. Don't be discouraged! you are doing great. You are performing better you say, so your getting more muscle and stamina which means you metabolisme will improve. Be also proud with the little improvements. For me it are things like being able to tie my shoe laces with more easy, or walking the stairs without being out of breath, pants which are fitting better, doing more pushups then before, feeling more muscle tone in my legs.
    Just stick with and do you routines every day and throw the weight scale out, and there is no other way then getting some results, one way or the other. :smile:

Thanks for the encouragement! Its sometimes needed when we begin to feel discouraged. This week I feel great, I just hope I can continue to keep this positive attitude to help me push through eat workout.